PDA

View Full Version : Weird and wild CHRISTMAS wishlist;

357maximum
12-13-2008, 05:58 AM
OK folks I know there are similar threads to this out ther but whims change and this is a brand new Christmas season.

What I wanna know is if money were no object and you could just make it appear what weird piece of shooting iron would you wish for that is not currently made or ever been made for that matter.

My wish is for a clip fed bolt action in 38 special that weighs and handles about the same as my remington 581 22LR. I would only shoot plain based semi wadcutters out of it so that is all it would have to feed reliably.

NEXT....

EMC45
12-13-2008, 06:46 AM
Semi auto 45-70 on a Kalashnikov platform! Always thought it would be cool after the Siagas came out in .410, I believe it can be done! Maybe a 15-20 round straight mag. It would be a cool cast bullet plinker. Stoke it with 405 Lee bullets and blast away!

Scrounger
12-13-2008, 07:50 AM
A .34/40 Krag in stainless, with maybe the action strengthened a bit. And the same rifle in .444 Marlin.

Bret4207
12-13-2008, 07:56 AM
All the Savage 99's I want! And a j frame 32 Long with 4" barrle and adjustable sights.

Just Duke
12-13-2008, 09:13 AM
A semi auto 10 round magazine fed .50 Alaskan shooting 500 and 600 grain bullets.
Make that 2 and I'll send one to my buddy Naph in Montana. ;)

357maximum
12-13-2008, 09:20 AM
And a j frame 32 Long with 4" barrle and adjustable sights.

OOH Bret that would have worked good on the cane cutter that just found out what a 358446 will do to his brains. Momma said there is a rabbit eating one of my honeysuckle bush saplings so the Dan Wesson 15 4incher with (38 Brass) with a 358446 custom(fat) and 4.2 grains IMR-PB with a Rem 5.5 spark plug came out the window and ended his brush chewing career. Your 32 would have been a more prudent option I think. The 38 made his eyes look like something out of the older cartoons glad it was a head shot.

Keep it going guys..I like this kind of dreaming.

Just Duke
12-13-2008, 09:27 AM
A Black powder single shot .50 BMG shooting Ranger Ricks 900 grain BMG cast bullet

jhrosier
12-13-2008, 10:29 AM
A switch barrel Ruger #1, with a barrel for every caliber ever made, including wildcats, and for every caliber that I could dream up in a day.
Oh, and don't forget dies, brass, and a couple of good moulds for each.:-D

Jack

No_1
12-13-2008, 10:40 AM
+1 on your thoughts. I would like to share that wish since I love the #1's I own. Can my first one be a 8 x 57 followed by all the mectric calibers, then start on the small calibers and work my way up to the 458 Lott.

Robert

A switch barrel Ruger #1, with a barrel for every caliber ever made, including wildcats, and for every caliber that I could dream up in a day.
Oh, and don't forget dies, brass, and a couple of good moulds for each.:-D

Jack

exblaster
12-13-2008, 11:42 AM
OK folks I know there are similar threads to this out ther but whims change and this is a brand new Christmas season.

What I wanna know is if money were no object and you could just make it appear what weird piece of shooting iron would you wish for that is not currently made or ever been made for that matter.

My wish is for a clip fed bolt action in 38 special that weighs and handles about the same as my remington 581 22LR. I would only shoot plain based semi wadcutters out of it so that is all it would have to feed reliably.

NEXT....
Did you ever consider a Destroyer Carbine? I know thy are not chambered for .38 special but the 9 mm Largo iv very close to a rimless 38 special.

Exblaster

missionary5155
12-13-2008, 12:02 PM
My wish is for a lever action in 414 Supermag to go with the 414 I will build on my 375 frame DW next year.
Then a bolt action 12 gauge with a rifled barrel about 1-100 twist for Round Ball.

deltaenterprizes
12-13-2008, 12:26 PM
All the Savage 99's I want! And a j frame 32 Long with 4" barrle and adjustable sights.

Smith made one of those ,I have one,it was new in the box before Katrina. They discontinued it around the time the 32 mag came out. It is a model 632.

357maximum
12-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Did you ever consider a Destroyer Carbine? I know thy are not chambered for .38 special but the 9 mm Largo iv very close to a rimless 38 special.

Exblaster

2Heavy and a 2 stage trigger, and I would be butchering on something I do not feel deserves to be butchered on....no thanks

With the 38 special in a solid bolt gun a guy could run from gallery loads up to keith loaded semi wadcutters....A nice solid but light 38 special ..thats what I want...but thanks

I will proably settle with a nice light contender carbine in 38 someday....who knows????

felix
12-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Pride in workmanship, and that would be a direct result of all of us following the First and Second Commandments in that order. ... felix

9.3X62AL
12-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Smith made one of those ,I have one,it was new in the box before Katrina. They discontinued it around the time the 32 mag came out. It is a model 632.

Oh, drool.......

A J-frame 4" in 327 Federal with adjustable sights, if S&W can't see its way clear to re-do the Model 632.

jhrosier
12-13-2008, 08:25 PM
...My wish is for a clip fed bolt action in 38 special that weighs and handles about the same as my remington 581 22LR. I would only shoot plain based semi wadcutters out of it so that is all it would have to feed reliably.....

Sounds like a Remington 788 in .38/357. They made one in .44Mag. A pal had one in .44 and it apparently worked quite well.
Maybe you should start a campaign to convince Remington to bring back the 788.
I'd buy one. :drinks:
BTW, I do have a Winchester '94 in .357. It shoots like a bolt gun and is just plain handy.

Jack

Heavy lead
12-13-2008, 08:55 PM
1. A BFR with a Bisley frame in 357 Maximum.
2. A Ruger Redhawk 8 shot 357 magnum, non-fluted cylinder, 5" full underlug barrel with integral laser sight in underlug.
3. Ruger New Flatop, the full caliber line with a real color-case hardened frame and rust blued frame, barrel, ejector rod housing and screws, with real ivory grips.
That enough?

badgeredd
12-13-2008, 09:03 PM
2Heavy and a 2 stage trigger, and I would be butchering on something I do not feel deserves to be butchered on....no thanks

With the 38 special in a solid bolt gun a guy could run from gallery loads up to keith loaded semi wadcutters....A nice solid but light 38 special ..thats what I want...but thanks

I will proably settle with a nice light contender carbine in 38 someday....who knows????

Hey Michael,

How about a HiPoint 9MM carbine? I LOVE mine for plinking and pest control. Even loaded up some subsomics for it!!![smilie=1: AND it is almost a real 35:twisted: !!!

Edd

ktw
12-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Freedom Arms line of single action revolvers in polished blue.

CZ 527 in 6x45

-ktw

part_timer
12-13-2008, 11:09 PM
I would like a LH bolt action 256 winchester with a bbl twist for 89gr boolits.
I have marlin 62 in 256 but I sure would like a nice small bolt gun.

JudgeBAC
12-14-2008, 12:00 AM
Smith 58 .41 magnum, 8 gr. of Unique with 215 gr. boolit. All a man could want.

StrawHat
12-14-2008, 08:53 AM
I would like Ruger or CZ to introduce a bolt action in 30 Carbine, so I don't have to build my own.

The 38 Special bolt gun sounds good also.

Or how about a Winchester 1890 in 32 Long?

Scrounger
12-14-2008, 09:07 AM
Lots of wonderful gifts on this list that I would enjoy myself, but no one has listed the biggie yet. A System Restore that works on humans. Wouldn't it be great if we could return our lives to a time prior to some big mistake we made? Something we sold or didn't buy that we still regret, perhaps a girl that got away, or better yet, one that didn't get away but now we wish she had !! And health matters; maybe cancel that ski trip where you broke a leg or some other incident that was far more serious. I know I'm dreaming and this can never be, but wouldn't it be nice if we could clean up the goofs in our lives?

357maximum
12-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Scrounger

I firmly believe each and every mistake I have made has some purpose, even if i do not understand. I will continue to belive that. I would go stark raving mad if not.

Bret4207
12-14-2008, 09:46 AM

Love to have one, even though it's stainless. I should have noted that IMO REAL GUNS come in BLUE and that's all there is to it! I'd probably go to a 5" barrel if I could get everything I wanted too.

SWIAFB
12-14-2008, 09:47 AM
I'd like a two week long traing sesion looking over Daniel's, Bullshop,shoulder.

Heavy lead
12-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Scrounger

I firmly believe each and every mistake I have made has some purpose, even if i do not understand. I will continue to belive that. I would go stark raving mad if not.

Ditto

imashooter2
12-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range...

Just Duke
12-14-2008, 10:49 AM
Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range...

Ja! Ja But now I'm he-aa to take your gunsss avay from you ah-mericaans.
I'll be back for da ah-mmo toooooo. <heavy white Austrian inbread accent>

felix
12-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Art, you will get your wish soon. It's called the Last Judgement. ... felix

MT Gianni
12-14-2008, 06:58 PM
I would like a Winchester 92 in 357 Maximum. How about a good American manufacturer of a 16 gauge side by side. Then a chance at some of the revolvers that you guys are getting introduced with your wishes.

FN in MT
12-14-2008, 07:55 PM
In reality....I've been looking for a NICE Pre model 27 in 3 1/2" for some time now. THAT would be my personal Christmas wish.

I did find one of my short list guns recently an older PPK/S in .380 auto. So can't complain.

A real fantasy wish would be a Winchester M-70 Safari Grade in .404 Jeffery.

FN in MT

longhorn
12-14-2008, 11:15 PM
You guys are sure tough on my wish list--new additions abound! I believe I'd settle for a Ruger #1-A in .22LR and a double rifle in .45-70. A good double rifle.

Buckshot
12-15-2008, 05:45 AM
.............How about a wish for something to come back? If so then I'd wish that Remington would quit ******* around and bring back the great Model 1937 Rangemaster 22 LR target rifle, only in it's 1940 incarnation and sell for about $800, <sigh>.

.................Buckshot

oldhickory
12-16-2008, 11:31 AM
I just wish I could get back some of the grand old guns I've sold or traded off over the years.

An FN49 .30/06 sniper rifle...MINT!

A Model B 98 Mauser, 8MM.

A mint Argentine 1909.

An HK 41 with ALL the goodies.

An FN FAL.

EVERY 19th century firearm, 03, 1917, M1 (rifle and carbine), Colt, S&W, Winchester....Awe I just want em all back!

Old Ironsights
12-16-2008, 12:50 PM

NEXT....

A modern manufacture Girondi Repeating Airgun

A Stainless 20x20x.357max Hammer Drilling with Regulated Barrel Liners in .308 AND 5.56

A Stainless 16x16x.45 Underhammer/Double Hammer Muzzleloader

A Castleman FA 9mm Airgun & 6 banger mould...

A CVA Electra in a Bullpup Configuration... :twisted:

carpetman
12-16-2008, 02:58 PM
! Ja But now I'm he-aa to take your gunsss avay from you ah-mericaans.
I'll be back for da ah-mmo toooooo. <heavy white Austrian inbread accent---DUKE you post this and say I bring nothing to the table? You sure answered the question.

Heavy lead
12-16-2008, 03:16 PM
A Stainless 20x20x.357max Hammer Drilling with Regulated Barrel Liners in .308 AND 5.56
Shoot OIS this would probably be a one gun arsenal, could so anything with it, I would like to add choke tubes and a 1/100 twist in both barrels though, if I may for roundball loads, don't think this would effect shot patterns too much.

legend
12-16-2008, 03:20 PM
you all probably wont believe it,but,i have had several misses through the years....

i want them back again so i can figure out how they happened.

SPRINGFIELDM141972
12-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Dear Santa,

I would like a pump action chambered in 35 Remington. I would like the design based on the Model 62A Winchester with an octagon barrel and peep sights.

Everett

Crash_Corrigan
12-16-2008, 03:31 PM
I'll take it with a true charcoal case hardened frame, deep plum blued cylinder and barrell with Ivory grips and one of those light gathering rod front sights.

A CZ full stock bolt rifle, scout red dot sights and a really nice walnut checkered stock chambered in 327 magnuum would be nice to go with the Ruger.

However I probably would be happy with the new Ruger 44 Special BlackHawk with the 5" bbl on the old smaller 357 frame.

But I would still like the CZ Rifle in 44 Mag. full stock etc. to be the companion piece.

Alas the best gift of all would be Scrounger Art's idea. A chance to restore our life to a different day owhen we had made a ill thought out decision etc. For me I would have liked not to have left the house to do a favor for a shooting Buddy:

A buddy of mine had bought the wrong sized item in a "Outdoors Wharehouse". Knowing that I used the same item in the size he had bought, and as I was due to ride out to his place in Pahrump in about a week, he asked me to purchase the item he needed and we would swap.

I willingly went to this "Shooter's Mecca" as I wanted to go this new store anyway. We have a lot of gun stores out here but few places where you can buy reloading components to make your own ammo. I went there but as with most items related to firearms they had none......thanks BHO!

I wandered arounf for an hour persusing all the goodies that I could not afford and decided that I would be back soon.

The bike had been sitting for an hour and the pipes were pretty cool when a block away a cager entered the road from my left via the drive exit of an "IN N' OUT" BURGER.

He crossed over two north bound lanes, then another pair of turn lanes, then one southbound lane and then into "MY LANE".

He was doing all this under full acceleration with the tires squealing and smoking. I noted the odd behaviour and had been going about 35MPH and I began to slow down but as this was sharp right hand curve I did not slow down enough.

The reliable sphincter ring alarm responded and I quickly realized that in my haste I had neglected to disable "THE ROMULIAN CLOAKING DEVICE" and there was a strong possibility that I was about to be T-Boned from the left side very soon.

At this point I applied all the brakes I had, both front and back and of course the bike slowed down to maybe 20 MPH and then the asphalt came up from the right side and CLYDE began his 25 foot spark fest down the roadway with me aboard thinking this is really gonna hurt tomorrow if I survive this.

We ended up on our right side about 2 feet away from the concrete curb. The engine dresser bars/crash bars and the rear leather saddle bags kept most of the damage confined to the highway pegs and right mirror. However when I finally was able to hit the kill switch {I do not remember when I shifted to neutral,if at all} I realized that I was in a world of hurt, on a busy roadway, at night, on a nasty curve and that I did not want to scraped off the underside of a Chevy Suburban whcih I remember to be right behind me.

By this time the sparking had ceased and the carbs had begun to eject their precious fuel all over my right leg and between the screeching of the tires {remember the Suburban?} gave me an incentive to get out from under the bike and onto the nearby sidewalk ASAP.

Do you realize how heavy these SPEEDMASTERS are? I could not begin to pull out my right foot from under the bike. I was stuck badly and at about this time I realized that I really was in a bad spot.

I had a good Triumph jacket on and the fabric had some damage over the elbow armored insert {this was noted many hour later} and my whole right side was numb and soon to be really painful. The left thumb was hurting like H<>? and I was rapidly going into shock/panic and it was all I could do not lose control of that muscle group that first warned me of impending doom.

Having now been trapped under this 500 # bike for about a minute along come a teenager with his buddy and they ask me "Are you alright?". My reply was actually pretty good under the circumstances "Not really, I am trapped under the bike, the pain is getting really bad, I cannot get up and could you please get some help and get this Motorcycle offa my leg?"

Enter the Chev Suburban from stage right. It had finally stopped about 2 feet behind me but was at an angle. The middle aged pilot had the presence of mind to run the vehicle halfway up onto the sidewalk rather than turn me into road kill. It was a nice gesture on her part.

About 5 people got the bike off me and between all of us got it up onto the kickstand as I had the presence of mind to lower the stand prior to achieving a vertical position.

I straddled the seat and the GOOD SAMARATIANS pushed me off the roadway and up onto the sidewalk.

Somebody stuck a card in my hand and offered to be a witness as he had seen everythng from the sidwalk. He said that the car was packed with teenagers and apparently the driver was showwing off to his peers but had realized that he had caused an accident since he deliberately went through a red light about 300 feet down the road to flee the scene.

The damage to the bike was minimal and the damage to me is to be determined. I doubt I broke any bones but I know I will not be walking on that right ankle for a few days. I incurred some minor owiees on the right knee, thigh, elbow and left thumb. The riding gear worn, including the 12" laced up tight boots, gloves, full helmet, riding jacket with armour and BDU pants with double fabric on the knees and buttocks saved me from some serious injuries not to mention road rash.

I will heal and the bike will be repaired when I get around to looking it over in daylight. In the meantime, my new friend "MRS. ICEBAG" and myself are getting really intimate on my bed and it promises to be a faithful although short relationship. If only that were true. A vist to the hospital forced upon me by SWMBO informed me that I had fractured my Fibula. Not good. I have been struggling with crutches for 4 days and as simple as it looks...it's hard work.

The worst part is I cannot drive anything for 5-8 weeks and cannot go shooting with my new 6.5 x 55 MM Rifle. If only Art's wish could be true.

mold maker
12-16-2008, 03:49 PM
My 20 yr old eye sight. It's been 46 years since i've seen that well. That would sure add a lot of detail to what I see now.

SPRINGFIELDM141972
12-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Crash-
Im glad you were able to walk away from a bad situation. God Bless.

Everett

Heavy lead
12-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Glad you're alright Crash, and here's hoping you heal well and quick.

Scrounger
12-16-2008, 04:51 PM
You're a braver man than I am, Crash.

MT Gianni
12-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Hope that you heal fast Crash, How'd ya get the bike home? Gianni

357maximum
12-16-2008, 10:07 PM
You know you do not have to live up to your handle here CRASH....get better soon.

cattleskinner
12-17-2008, 03:23 AM
I know it's not a shooting iron, and I also realize that they aren't fast to use....but I would like to see LEE increase the production of their Lee Loaders to include alot of new or some of the discontinued/obscure calibers. There is just something about thier simplicity in use for rifle calibers that I like.

~Amos

klausg
12-17-2008, 11:49 AM
This one is an idea I've been kicking around in the back of my head for awhile. An M-1 carbine, re-barrelled and reworked to shoot .45 Win Mag. I haven't gotten around to checking to see if there is enough metal to open up the bolt face; mostly because I figured that the magazines would be the major PITA.

Crash-I'm happy you're still walking, hope you heal quickly.

-Klaus

Old Ironsights
12-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Shoot OIS this would probably be a one gun arsenal, could so anything with it
That's the point. ;)

, I would like to add choke tubes and a 1/100 twist in both barrels though, if I may for roundball loads, don't think this would effect shot patterns too much.
Screw-in chokes are a given. The twist is really unnecessary given everything else the gun can do.

Ditto on the ML variant. Trade Guns did just fine with tight Patched Ball... though I suppose a rifled screw-in couldn't hurt...

Razor
12-21-2008, 02:56 AM
Full auto MG 34
a .303 double rifle ....with rabbit ear hammers.
.40 flint Lehigh Pennsylvania rifle...a FANCY one

59stude
12-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Star and hensley & Gibbs back in business with old time prices and also Studebaker back making cars.

59stude

OeldeWolf
12-22-2008, 02:33 AM
to have Ma Deuce in my garage. And a really high class precision rifle for 1000 yd shooting, with scope and spotting scope to matxch it.

I would settle for a goodsized caliber gatling gun, btw.

waksupi
12-22-2008, 03:21 AM
to have Ma Deuce in my garage. And a really high class precision rifle for 1000 yd shooting, with scope and spotting scope to matxch it.

I would settle for a goodsized caliber gatling gun, btw.

If you are serious about a Gatling gun, in pristine condition, and you have deep pockets, let me know. I just may be able to help you out.

Bullshop
12-22-2008, 12:36 PM
"I'd like a two week long traing sesion looking over Daniel's, Bullshop,shoulder."
I am truly flattered!!! You are welcome to do so at any time. We can put you up for as long as you like and offer accomodations fit for a king. The same accomodations given to our king at his birth.
Blessings!
BIC/BS

SWIAFB
12-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Daniel, I've slept in a barn before, right fine company that don't complain about the snoring. Maybe come July I'll let ya know. Spead the word. SWIAFB

Frank46
12-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Here is my Christmas wish. I wish someone would make a scope like the leupold 1.5x4.5 except longer in length, 30mm tube diameter and have variable power to about 8x. Matte finish, sort of fine cross hairs not the target type nor heavy duplex. And affordable and mount on my ruger #1 in 45/70
Frank

Heavy lead
12-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Here is my Christmas wish. I wish someone would make a scope like the leupold 1.5x4.5 except longer in length, 30mm tube diameter and have variable power to about 8x. Matte finish, sort of fine cross hairs not the target type nor heavy duplex. And affordable and mount on my ruger #1 in 45/70
Frank

Now that we've switched to optics, here's one. I wish Burris, Leupold, Nikon, any of the three would offer their 2 power handgun scope with a bold, heavy, or thick (pick any verbage) duplex reticle. I very much like the Leupold heavy duplex reticle for hunting and like all three 2 power scope, but all 3 IMO have way too thin reticles.

wonderwolf
12-23-2008, 12:54 AM
A double rifle in 500 Nitro express, leaf sights, hammer-less and engraved with a grizzly on one side and a moose on the other side of the box with a Gold front sight.

A double rifle in 600 Nitro express, the same as the above except with hammers and with two mane-less lions engraved on one side and a map of Africa on the other. Or a cape buffalo

A double rifle in 700 Nitro express, Same as above with hammers. slightly shorter barrel. Engraved with a velociraptor on one side and a mammoth on the other

A double rifle 8 bore, Triceratops on one side and a rhino on the other.

and to finish up the double rifles

I would like a 4 bore with T-rex engraved on one side and a Elephant on the other.

AAA wood on all of the above.

For the full auto stuff, A MP5SD, MG-42, and a duece and a half with duel
M2HB's and the back end full of ammo and a few spare barrels for my girlfriend...she likes to travel in style.

A 45-70-90-100 and 120 in a rolling block and a sharps , 20mm Vulcan bolt action single shot or mag fed. And for my good friend a bolt action .44mag that takes Desert eagle mags.

madcaster
12-23-2008, 01:47 AM
Oh LORD!What an opportunity!Money is not a consideration....okay.....
I wish I could buy the 3 flintlocks back that I had to sell back in 2001 due to hardships,then I would like to have a tipi,and some nice mountain land with several horses and mules.But,NO SHEEP!A Remington Rolling Block in .22LR would be nice.
I would like to have several manila envelopes with $10,000 cash in each one,and when I attended the next muzzleloader shoot in Floyd,VA I would hand them out to everyone that showed up,and just say "I appreciate you coming here,please come back".
I would like to see folks that are addicted to drugs and alcohol have a few days of clarity so as they could realize the choices they make and either be able to quit or keep going,their choice.
I best stop here,kinda getting off subject.
JS

OeldeWolf
12-23-2008, 01:50 AM
I appreciate the offer, Waksupi (hope I did not typo the name). But the "deep pockets" part is a major problem. My son is working in a cannery, and making more money then I am as an ASE certified mechanic. 21K in tools, to earn less than 30k/yr.

Part of why I reload, and am starting to cast, is a limited amount of funding. Which is why those were outrageous wishes for me. Unless I win a lottery, I see nill chances of getting either in the next decade.

But I have enough toys to keep me busy for now, anyway. Though I need to keep looking for a lathe cheap enough to afford, so I can learn to turn small things like sizing dies and bushings and such.

Newtire
12-28-2008, 06:07 PM
I would like to have a 400 yard rifle range outside my back door with fold away underground bench and swing out chrono setup. A heated seat would also be nice and a built-in coffee maker. OK...

madcaster
12-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Now Calvin,
You KNOW what that coffee does to your shooting!:kidding:

thewanderingmind
12-29-2008, 11:21 AM
Poisonally, I'd love an Austrian M95 in .444 Marlin, an M1 Carbine in 7.62x39, and a Krag-actioned 7x57...