PDA

View Full Version : Quick Measure

Urny
04-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Any of the fraternity have experience with the JDS Quick Measure, www.quick-measure.com? It's kind of pricey but looks a real benefit to quick and accurate loading. According to their website they will be at the Big Gun Show at the Hilton in Reno this weekend, so I will probably be able to see their stuff there, but wondered if any of you had any hands on experience with it.

r1kk1
02-09-2012, 09:05 AM
I have and it works great. The best measure I've used so far. It will throw 800x and stick with no problem.

take care,

r1kk1

400short
02-09-2012, 09:12 AM
Mine is behind and or under a bunch of stuff, somewhere. It is no more accurate or quick than my redding #3. It is also difficult to change settings. too many parts and pieces.

milprileb
02-09-2012, 10:14 AM
800 X meters like gravel. Its been miserable to try to use in my Ohaus Duo Measure, Lee Pro disk measure, my Dillon measure , my Pacific bushing measure. My frustrations pushed me to get a old Belding & Mull antiquated measure which is the fore runner of this Quick Measure as I understand it. The B&M is slow and certain to drop consistent charges and a PITA to use but it works. I use it for stick powders and 800X. The only other measure that will perform with any powder fed it is my RCBS powder measure scale combo.

I have ceased chasing rainbows for measures that perform. B&M and this RCBS digital combo end the search and turn the page !

Green Frog
02-09-2012, 11:28 AM
I had seen mention of this one before, but at those kinds of prices, a Harrell is looking better all the time. In the meanwhile, my B&M with custom micrometer drop tube still works quite nicely, thanks very much! ;) I'm old enough not to expect fast and accurate at the same time, I guess. :rolleyes:

Froggie

Kevin Rohrer
02-09-2012, 11:30 AM
I bought one awhile back and like it alot. I compare it favorably to the B&M, which I consider the Q-M a descendant of.

In fact, when it came time to add another powder measure to my Dillon, I decided to go with the Q-M and their progressive press adapter. Coincidentally, I just logged on here to write about the new measure. Look for a new topic on it here.

The Q-M is to the left. A B&M clone is behind it.
http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv29/KevinRohrer/Reloading/IMG_0709.jpg

Doc Highwall
02-09-2012, 12:49 PM
400short, PM sent on Quick Measure.

.30/30 Guy
02-09-2012, 03:13 PM
I am very happy with my Quick Measure. I tried a B&M and went back to the Quick Measure.

r1kk1
02-12-2012, 10:52 PM
I have no problem with 800x in the Quick Measure. There isn't a stick powder it does not meter well. That's why I bought it. Seen it at a gun show in Tulsa and was quite surprised how well it threw various powders. I've been looking for a 'stick' solution and this way before the RCBS charge master came out.

Would not trade my measure away for love or money. Seriously.

take care,

r1kk1