PDA

View Full Version : SAECO mold blocks, RCBS handles?

Wayne Smith
12-27-2005, 09:14 PM
I thought I could use my RCBS handles on a set of Saeco blocks, but the screws are just too big to go throught the RCBS holes. Can I drill out the holes, or would that make them loose and goosey for the RCBS blocks?

Blackwater
12-28-2005, 01:14 AM
Wayne, I'm not the best reference for this, but I CAN say that I HAVE in the past modified a set of handles by reming the holes a bit, plus I've used my belt grinder to grind away a little metal from the inside of a set of handles so they'd work with a specific mould, too. Hope I haven't messed them up drilling them out. I think I've got 5 sets of handles now, and forget which goes with which, but so far, it's caused me no problems. FWIW?

BOOM BOOM
12-28-2005, 01:16 AM
HI,
Saeco 4 cav. molds fit onto the lg. lyman handels but not good enough. I'm getting finned bullets , so my next purchase will be a set of seaco handles.

Buckshot
12-28-2005, 01:30 AM
.............Lee 6 cavity handles work with Saeco blocks. What I can't remember is if you have to open the holes for them or if I had to open the holes to use them with the RCBS blocks? Anyway they WILL work drilled out and I haven't had any problems casting with the Saeco blocks and the Lee handles.

...............Buckshot

MGySgt
12-29-2005, 07:47 PM
I have one set of RCBS handles that I drilled out for my Saeco molds - that was 5 years ago. The handles still work for RCBS an MM molds. I do have them marked so I can find them when I want to use my Saeco molds instead of drillng out another set.

Worked for me!

Drew