PDA

View Full Version : Armslist pay to play now?

metricmonkeywrench
11-01-2020, 10:17 PM
Hopped on Armslist and went to contact a seller and I ended up with a policy change screen and options for a private or vendor account. The cost is not much but stil....

mongo40
11-01-2020, 10:48 PM
Glad to hear it wasn't just me. Tried to send a message about a rifle and all I get is upgrade account now pop up box!

tunnug
11-01-2020, 10:50 PM
Yup, not worth it in my opinion, I've bought quite a bit from there but won't pay to just communicate with a seller, won't be long before they either change back or close up because of lack of traffic.

cwtebay
11-01-2020, 11:49 PM
I've got to wonder how long they could be moderating the scams on there without some sort of fee.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

farmbif
11-02-2020, 10:02 PM
my one and only experience on arms list was a scam and when tried to get someone, anyone to do something about it there was no one willing to do anything, not the website, not the sheriff, not the postal inspector, fbi, atf, no one.

fastdadio
11-03-2020, 08:44 PM
I've had several positive transactions through Arms list. As with any public/internet based sales forum, be vigilant and trust your instincts.
But charging the buyer to make contact with a seller is a deal breaker.

gnappi
11-03-2020, 11:18 PM
Armslist was useful for face to face transactions. Scammers who would not or could not face to face, got reported.

Regarding fees... I have no problem paying a listing fee if I sell something, nor a small commission if I sell, BUT I don't pay anyone monthly if I'm not buying. They're off my radar screen now.

Remmy4477
11-04-2020, 07:33 AM
Bought and sold on there many times. Wanted to list a few things last week.
Been out of the gun show circuit since the shut downs here in CO. So figured I'd try the upgrade.

Going to cancel at the end of the month. No hits and a heck of alot more scam emails in the junk box than before the pay to play.

Ruined a good thing!

Murphy
11-06-2020, 06:38 PM
I've perused Armslist a few times in the past, never saw any reason to create an account. No big loss to me. No pun intended, but they may have shot themselves in the foot with this one. With all of the panic buying going on, I'm sure they saw a marked increase their website was getting per day. 2+2+$$$!!!

As stated, never saw the need to create an account before, and surely won't in the future.

Murphy

snowwolfe
11-08-2020, 03:16 PM
I honestly thought they went out of existence years ago. I remember hearing about scam after scam and never gave them another thought.