PDA

View Full Version : Going to buy swaging dies this week!

Bad Karma
12-09-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm calling C&H to order my 9mm #105 swaging dies in hollow point flavor! Weeeee! I'll be squeezing them and casting them. I guess that makes me either too into my hobby or if I'm only now getting them I'm not into it enough... Any suggestions on lube? Where can I get 9mm jackets for a decent price? I plan on making some with gas checks at first.

kawalekm
12-10-2008, 11:07 AM
I use anhydrous lanolin as my swaging lube. I've heard that other people have use vasoline, but I myself have not tried it yet. You can buy lanolin at the drug store.

I don't think there is anything decent about jacket prices! If you have any .32ACP cases you might try them as jackets. Heat them red hot on the stove first to anneal them.
Michael

Kragman71
12-10-2008, 12:42 PM
I use anhydrous lanolin as my swaging lube. I've heard that other people have use vasoline, but I myself have not tried it yet. You can buy lanolin at the drug store.

I don't think there is anything decent about jacket prices! If you have any .32ACP cases you might try them as jackets. Heat them red hot on the stove first to anneal them.
Michael

Dillon Case Lubricant is basically lanolin,and is what I use for bullet sizing.
Frank

Bad Karma
12-10-2008, 05:35 PM
There seems to be no one selling pistol jackets. Where is a good place to find them? Corbin doesn't and neither does Sierra.

MIBULLETS
12-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Dave Corbin (www.Corbins.com) sells them. He may call them 357 jackets but they are the same since you swage them up to full diameter.

Larry Blackmon also sells them. 318 387-3266.

Dan