PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely sick...

bakerjw
10-23-2020, 03:48 PM
So... Last night was a hectic night when I got home from a business meeting at a brewery where I do work on a 1099. I had an armload to get into the house forgot that I had a pistol in the console. Last night, of all nights, someone broke into cars for a good mile stretch of our county road stealing things. And Yep... My Baby Desert Eagle was part of it. The mother of the deputy that came and took my statement had also gotten hit.
I HATE THIEVES....

Bull-Moose
10-23-2020, 03:54 PM
I hope they find it.

bakerjw
10-23-2020, 04:03 PM
They have some video and a LOT of leads. I told the officer that if they find the guy, I'd give him as much beer as they wanted to drop off the perp at my house for 20 minutes. He chuckled as they hear that a lot.

JoeJames
10-23-2020, 04:07 PM
I hate 'em. Young'un thief stole my toolbox out of my garage. Keep on looking for stuff and then remembering it was in my toolbox. Know it was a young'un; as there were six bottles of Guinness in my fridge there, and are still there.

clum553946
10-23-2020, 04:36 PM
Man, I’m sorry to hear this, especially when a firearm is involved. I really hope that they catch the thief, I truly hate them! Looking on the bright side, at least you have Mittens to cheer you up!

elmacgyver0
10-23-2020, 04:39 PM
I hate 'em. Young'un thief stole my toolbox out of my garage. Keep on looking for stuff and then remembering it was in my toolbox. Know it was a young'un; as there were six bottles of Guinness in my fridge there, and are still there.

Just means he didn't look in the fridge.

jessdigs
10-23-2020, 04:42 PM
I hate 'em. Young'un thief stole my toolbox out of my garage. Keep on looking for stuff and then remembering it was in my toolbox. Know it was a young'un; as there were six bottles of Guinness in my fridge there, and are still there.Hmm, I'm 40 and you couldn't pay me to drink a Guinness. Just not my beer.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

elmacgyver0
10-23-2020, 04:43 PM
I didn't mean to take light of your situation, been there my self.
Bike I loved stolen out of my garage.
Probably would have taken beer too if there was any.

OldBearHair
10-23-2020, 05:02 PM
On a lighter note my son had his Kimber 45 stolen out of his office....Yep.. cleaning crew, dumb dirtbag took it. Well two years went by . The insurance paid for a new Kimber. The police arrested the dirtbag for stealing and he had the 45 on him. Didn't go well with him. The serial number checked out and the sheriff called and told him it would take a while longer for him to get the gun back. Next he got the gun back and called the Insurance Co. The guy told him that the ordeal was done and paid for, have fun. My Grandson now carries the older of the two pistols..

Rightbrained
10-23-2020, 05:09 PM
Very sorry to hear of the misfortune.
Thieves are the worst and I hope they are caught and locked up!

marlin39a
10-23-2020, 05:10 PM
I only had a vehicle break in, and theft once about 20 yrs ago. The perp broke my drivers window to gain entry. Stole my gps from the console, took my loose change. He never looked in the glovebox. I had a handgun there. Stupid kid, I suppose.

Winger Ed.
10-23-2020, 05:21 PM
Thieves just burn me up.

I got cut from jury duty over it on a burglary case case one time.

In the questions they ask the pool, the sentencing aspect came up.
I told the court, if it was a solid case, and I voted to convict:
When the sentencing part came around, there wasn't going to be any of that 'minimum' nonsense.

skrapyard628
10-23-2020, 05:31 PM
Its always a terrible feeling even just knowing someone broke into something you own. Even worse that a good firearm was stolen. Hopefully things turn out well and the thief gets a vacation at the greybar hotel and you get your pistol back.

We called those type of thieves carhoppers. There was a whole run of that going on in a neighborhood I used to live in. Twice I had the drivers window smashed out of my car within about 4 months.

The first time they stole my CD player and all of my CDs. If they would have popped the trunk they could have got some ammo and a S&W Sigma. But fortunately they didnt. There was also about $40 in the center console, and not to mention the subwoofers, amplifiers and a toolbox in the trunk. But none of that was touched. The geniuses made off with a CD player worth about $20 and a bunch of burned punk rock and metal music.

The second time they stole the replacement $20 cd player I had just installed. This time the degenerates did it on Christmas Eve.

After that I just wired up a cable with a headphone jack hanging out of the hole in my dash to directly connect my Ipod to the amps. Plug in and flip a switch to turn the amps on.

Thankfully I moved out of that area the next year. (Aurora, IL)

JoeJames
10-23-2020, 06:14 PM
Dumbest thing a thug can do is ask for a jury trial. Everyone has had stuff stolen, and the memory festers over the years. Saw one case where the punk asked for one, had a real young appointed lawyer who did not know diddly. Got eighteen years in the Arkansas State Pen.

bakerjw
10-23-2020, 06:18 PM
Once someone stole all of my CDs from my car. They were all Christian rock bands. I hope that made a difference in their lives.

And I have no homeowners insurance so I get to eat the whole thing. If they ever catch the person, I told my wife what I would be doing to them but I cannot post it for legal reasons.

Shawlerbrook
10-23-2020, 06:27 PM
Something to be said about cutting off the hands of thieves.

osteodoc08
10-23-2020, 07:24 PM
I’ve got the ring setup at all my entrances and driveway. It gets fairly clear video even at night. All wireless and all “in the cloud”

Der Gebirgsjager
10-23-2020, 07:31 PM
Sometimes you get lucky. Back in the middle '90s my daughter was attending Oregon S.U., living in an apartment off campus, and had her Taurus M85 stolen out of her car in her driveway. It turned up a little over 2 years later in one of the OSU dorms in possession of a male student, and she got it back because I had recorded the serial number. Hope you had your serial number to give to the Deputy.

elmacgyver0
10-23-2020, 07:40 PM
I’ve got the ring setup at all my entrances and driveway. It gets fairly clear video even at night. All wireless and all “in the cloud”

At least you will see who swiped your stuff.

.429&H110
10-23-2020, 07:45 PM
Sorry for your loss.
Thieves are catch and release.

When I worked nights in Scottsdale I parked overnight in a dicey lot. Kids at work told me to get a big rubber rattlesnake, put it on the dash. Rubber snake? Really? Thieves are afraid of rubber snakes? If they were smart, they wouldn't be thieves. So I did. Three other trucks had snakes, some coiled up on the passenger seat, and all the other vehicles were broken into, about one a week, and there was nothing to steal in any of them. The sun wore out my mojo snake, so I got another, snake's been to Fairbanks and back, parked out front right now. Works for me. YMMV

dtknowles
10-23-2020, 09:44 PM
Hmm, I'm 40 and you couldn't pay me to drink a Guinness. Just not my beer.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Yep, still a youngun

contender1
10-23-2020, 10:19 PM
I saw the title of this post,, and my heart skipped a beat. I first worried about Mittens.
Upon opening the thread,, and seeing that it was about a theft,, I was relieved that Mittens was ok,, but it angered me to no end. We had a home break-in about 6 years ago,, and the "bastid-thief" (cleaned up a little for the net,,) as my wife likes to call him,, took one gun,, but got about $12,000 in Miss Penny's jewelry. Some heirlooms & special pieces too. We have pics & all of him,, I put up a billboard on the highway with a picture of him, and a description of the vehicle etc. He hit a few other places that day as well. I was interviewed for two of the local news stations,, due to my evidence & other things. With all we had,, we determined he was an out of state gang member,, who knew some folks in our area.
Never caught him.
Seeing your post pizzed me off all over again!

skeettx
10-23-2020, 11:25 PM
May justice be served, good luck
Mike

45workhorse
10-23-2020, 11:48 PM
I feel your pain, I had a 30-06 Encore stolen out of my truck in the garage. Serial number for gun and scope, never saw them again.
I have probably ticked off a lot of hunters, but I ran every gun I came across, on traffic stops. Didn't care if there was ten Guns in the truck. A guy in a near by city is a very happy guy. I always caught grief from fellow deputies about that.

samari46
10-24-2020, 12:15 AM
As one who had his car stolen I had to sit with both lawyers questioning me about suitability for a jury trial. Asked what were the charges, car theft. Asked me if I could render a non biased verdict. Told the one lawyer, I had a car stolen. And give me five minutes alone with him. Got dismissed pronto. Frank

MrWolf
10-24-2020, 07:02 AM
Back in 1977 had a '67 GTO with his/her automatic and jacked sky high stolen a week before Christmas with gifts in it. Cop that took report said forget about ever seeing it once he saw what car it was. Still burns my backside.

10-x
10-24-2020, 07:25 AM
Old friend down in Fl. had a home break in years ago just before Christmas. Low life’s stole everything around Christmas tree including his granddaughter’s first bike, all his wife’s jewelry and the gun safe I told him to bolt to floor the previous month. LEO’s basically knew who it was, gave him her name. He heard nothing from LEO’s afterwards, gave me her name , looked up and found just about everything about her, 3 page rap sheet. He took it to LEO’s and asked why they couldn’t do anything. Basically told, “ you know how many such crimes we have?”, ....

bakerjw
10-24-2020, 07:30 AM
@contender1 Sorry to make you panic. Mittens is doing great. Still full of energy enough to keep us awake most nights.

They have some video of the thief.
https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/news/crime/washington-county-deputies-search-for-burglar-seen-on-home-security-cam/article_ac83287e-154f-11eb-a978-2b44ffab0c50.html

The handgun is listed on hotgunz and the police report flagged it in the NICS database as stolen. Later today, I will be taking some data sheets to local pawn shops with a picture and all identifying information of the handgun in the thief tries to sell it. That is assuming that those that run the pawn shops are ethical people.

bakerjw
10-24-2020, 07:35 AM
Old friend down in Fl. had a home break in years ago just before Christmas. Low life’s stole everything around Christmas tree including his granddaughter’s first bike, all his wife’s jewelry and the gun safe I told him to bolt to floor the previous month. LEO’s basically knew who it was, gave him her name. He heard nothing from LEO’s afterwards, gave me her name , looked up and found just about everything about her, 3 page rap sheet. He took it to LEO’s and asked why they couldn’t do anything. Basically told, “ you know how many such crimes we have?”, ....

Back in Illinois, the son of a friend had his bike stolen. They caught the thief within a couple of hours. The DA declined to prosecute. My friend called the DA about it and got the run around... Cost of bike... Young kid... My friend told him that he wanted the DA to explain it to his son. The son that was always taught to respect other people, their property and the law. They had a meeting with the DA where he was condescending to my friends son as though he were a toddler. My friends son finally asked, "So. How much can I go and steal before I need to worry about you doing anything to me?"
Therein lies the crux of our problem. Stealing a 50 cent candy bar is little different than stealing a $100,000 car IMHO. It shows lack of character.

Half Dog
10-24-2020, 08:07 AM
I don’t keep anything in my truck. It was a basic truck without any extras. I had my truck parked on the street one night and when I awoke, I found the door lock destroyed. Idiots, I kept the doors unlocked so thieves wouldn’t break my window.

bedbugbilly
10-24-2020, 10:41 AM
Sorry to hear of your theft. Let's just hope they can get it back for you before it get's traded for drugs or used in a crime.

A few years ago, my wife and I were up in Tucson - not a bad part of town but not the best either - and their were several pawn shops. She had neve bee in a pawn shop before so I suggested that we go in so she could see what one was like and I could take a look and see if they had any violins. It was later int he afternoon - maybe an hour or so after the schools let out. *** we were looking around, teenagers started coming in and se just stood back in a corner and watched. In a matter of maybe 20 minutes, there was a line of them standing in line to pawn what they had brought in. My wife and I left and when we got to the car, she made the remark that she couldn't understand why there were so many kids. I replied . . . "Did you see what most of them were trying to pawn?"

Probably 90% of them were waiting to pawn battery powered and some corded power tools ranging from drills, saws and grinders to one kid who carried in a full tool box. The other 10% had electronic equipment of some sort or another. Oh, yea . . . . I'll bet that they were all "Apprentices" that needed to pawn their tools to pay for their trade school tuition. Alll I could think of was I wonder how many guys would be going out to their trucks, etc. and discovering that the tools they needed to make a living were now gone. Obviously these kids weren't concerned about being video taped and I[m sure that if they ever got busted for theft, they probably just would get a slap on the wrist.

Don't feel too bad though. A couple of years ago, here where we live in AZ, there was one of the cops - a motorcycle cop - he was also a member of the tactical team. For some unexplained reason he had an AR strapped to his PD motorcycle. He gave the excuse that he had it in case he was out on patrol and the tactical team got a call - yea, right. So . . . he was on normal patrol and got a call to assist at a car accident with multiplele PIs. He pulled up, parked his bike and went to herp. When he got back to his bike to leave - yep - the AR was gone. Someone saw it on his PD motorcycle and just stopped and took it. A big investigation followed but as far as I know, it went nowhere and the AR was never recovered. After the initial reporting of it in the paper, for some funny reason, it all got "hushed up" and and no report of any dicisplinary action was ever reported. So, I guess a person just never knows . . . . .

JoeJames
10-24-2020, 10:41 AM
Yep, still a youngunI am pushing 70, and I reckon my taste buds ain't what they were 50 years ago. I can still taste and savor a nice amber bock, a Guinness, or a Newcastle brown ale for example, but to me things like Michelob Ultra, Budweiser, Miller, Miller Lite, have no taste at all. Might as well be drinking spring water.

dtknowles
10-24-2020, 11:49 AM
@contender1 Sorry to make you panic. Mittens is doing great. Still full of energy enough to keep us awake most nights.

They have some video of the thief.
https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/news/crime/washington-county-deputies-search-for-burglar-seen-on-home-security-cam/article_ac83287e-154f-11eb-a978-2b44ffab0c50.html

The handgun is listed on hotgunz and the police report flagged it in the NICS database as stolen. Later today, I will be taking some data sheets to local pawn shops with a picture and all identifying information of the handgun in the thief tries to sell it. That is assuming that those that run the pawn shops are ethical people.

Here Pawn Shops and Gun Shops have to clear every gun they take in with the police.

Tim

bakerjw
10-24-2020, 11:53 AM
I am not holding out much hope ATM... I'll have to bite the bullet and pick up another non 1911 45ACP. If this one is ever recovered, I'll have one to give to my son.

john.k
10-24-2020, 05:33 PM
I had a lot of trouble with teens camping in my acreage yard.....old furniture and chairs and stuff....anyway ,years of complaint to the cops ,what teen cant see a copcar coming and scram..............Anyhoo ,one day checkin for "new" junk furniture,and there is a big orange Hilti fastener gun hidden in the long grass......cost new on ebay is $3500 ....so I ring the cops and report the find,it also has a name and phone engraved into it.......So I ring the number ,he s working at the local high school,doesnt even know his Hilti is gone........And ,oddly enough doesnt seem very interested in getting it back......more worried that I rang the cops ,and he's left an unsecured power nail gun while working at a school.....It had a full magazine ,he says ......well .its not full now.

elmacgyver0
10-24-2020, 05:52 PM
I am pushing 70, and I reckon my taste buds ain't what they were 50 years ago. I can still taste and savor a nice amber bock, a Guinness, or a Newcastle brown ale for example, but to me things like Michelob Ultra, Budweiser, Miller, Miller Lite, have no taste at all. Might as well be drinking spring water.

I call those kitten Piss, the younguns just drink it to get a cheap drunk.

lightman
10-24-2020, 06:15 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your pistol. I'm another that first thought about Kitty. I HATE a thief!

Idaho45guy
10-25-2020, 07:46 AM
And I have no homeowners insurance so I get to eat the whole thing.

Theft from your vehicle is covered under your vehicle's Comprehensive coverage (if you have it). If no comp coverage with the vehicle, then it's covered under your renter's insurance. I assume you are renting since you said you don't have homeowner's insurance.

bakerjw
10-25-2020, 10:08 AM
We own our house. It is difficult to get homeowners insurance where we live and I am in the middle of rewiring.

Smoke4320
10-25-2020, 10:23 AM
Sorry for your loss.
Thieves are catch and release.

YMMV

It should be when caught the thief is put in a cage. The Owner is called to line up and yell pull . problem solved :) :)

Idaho45guy
10-25-2020, 04:10 PM
We own our house. It is difficult to get homeowners insurance where we live and I am in the middle of rewiring.

I've never heard of someone who didn't have insurance on their biggest asset, especially while doing risky work like re-wiring. You must be facing some challenges I'm not aware of, so don't mind me.

bakerjw
10-25-2020, 06:17 PM
I have rebuilt most of our home from the ground up. The wiring is completely safe, it just needs to be dressed up to look pretty enough to bypass a code inspection. I have an EET and have worked in electronics and industrial automation for decades. We live in the county and few insurance companies like to cover areas where fire protection is offered by volunteer fire departments.

jonp
10-25-2020, 06:46 PM
Had some firearms stolen along with tools out of a storage shed in town a number of years ago. If you knew where I was living at the time you would understand why I thought that was a safer place. I didn't spred around that I kept some there but someone must have seen me put them in and one night cut the lock and cleaned it out. Nothing expensive but a couple that my grandfather left me. Luckly I had all of my handguns with me so the thief got a few surplus deer rifles and couple of shotguns. Still makes me angry.

memtb
10-25-2020, 07:56 PM
Very sorry to hear this! I absolutely hate thieves. There’s not a lot I agree with in the Islamic faith, but, removing the right hand for thievery is one I could agree with! memtb

blackthorn
10-25-2020, 10:33 PM
If you cut off their hand----society winds up feeding them! If you cut off their head----not so much!!

woodbutcher
10-26-2020, 05:05 PM
:sad:Sorry to hear about the theft.Hoping that the pistol is recovered.And the thief is properly dealt with.
Leo