PDA

View Full Version : Tiny gunshow in Terre Haute IN this weekend...

mattw
10-13-2020, 09:44 AM
It had been to long since the fam and I went to a gun show. I had Friday off, so we went. It was a normal tiny show with a couple of surprises.

The first one was a US Springfield 1863 walking around the show. The lock work was fully functional and smooth, the cap tube was clear, you could blow thru it into the barrel. The barrel was a bit of a sewer pipe, but I think with a lot of elbow grease, she could have been fired again. The eagles, date and US Springfield were in super good shape, the sights were there and it have 3rd variant barrel banding. The cartouches on the stock were visible, with no cracks in the stock. The young man knew it had been passed down in the family since the Civil War, but knew nothing more than that other than some family lore. I think one could have had it for 300-500 bux. I resisted... :)

Then I found a nickel S&W 32 WCF revolver, 6" with holster wear on one side of the barrel. I think it was a 1905 change 2. Price seemed high at $900 to me.

The one old guy running a magazine table had the deal of the day for me. I picked up a CZ70 mag with mag carrier, both of which appeared new for 35 bux. It is a real CZ mag, not Triple K. That was a steal.

We had a good time, shot the crap with a bunch of folks and looked at a bunch of junk tables.

Thumbcocker
10-13-2020, 02:04 PM
It is sad to see heritage sold.

mattw
10-13-2020, 03:00 PM
That was my thought as I was trying to convince him it was a bad move.