PDA

View Full Version : Aquariums...

BCB
12-26-2005, 01:10 PM
Got one for Christmas. It is a rather small one--a 10 gallon size. I really don't want to get too elaborate with it.

My question: What type of fish would any of you recommend that will take minimum maintenance and be tolorent of slight changes in water temperatures. I do have a heater for the water.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks...BCB

David R
12-26-2005, 01:17 PM
Angel fish die regularly. My daughter has a pair of white frogs, they are easy to maintain until one "escaped". Now we have one white frog.

Alagee (Pleco) eater is important to help keep it clean, then you won't have to clean the glass.

They are fun especially if you have children.

David

imashooter2
12-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Guppies. Endless variety in coloration, very hardy, get a few plants for the young to hide in and they will continuously repopulate the tank.

waksupi
12-26-2005, 03:25 PM
A friend went out, and caught some itty bitty perch and sunfish to put in his. Kinda neat!

StarMetal
12-26-2005, 03:51 PM
In most states it's against the law to capture native fish and put them in an aquarium.

Joe

waksupi
12-27-2005, 12:08 AM
In most states it's against the law to capture native fish and put them in an aquarium.

Joe

Honest officer, I was just cleaning the aquarium, and they jumped in.
Geez, Joe, you have fish cops checking people's aquariums there? Bucket biology is illegal here too. But I wouldn't worry about a few in my house.

StarMetal
12-27-2005, 12:10 AM
Ric,

I was surprised to find out that the state of TN doesn't allow you to keep turtles that you may find, like box turtles and snapping turtles. Most the petshops here won't sell frozen or dead mice to feed snakes and finding snakes for sale it alittle hard too.

Joe

KCSO
12-27-2005, 10:01 AM
I have a video tape and a book on aquarium basics that you can borrow. PM Me.