PDA

View Full Version : Kick-eez vs. Limbsaver

eka
12-06-2008, 04:05 PM
I'm needing to buy a new cut to fit recoil pad. Which do you prefer, a Kick-eez, Limbsaver, or something else? Have you found a difference in the fitting and finished look between the two?

Thanks for any input.

Keith

JSnover
12-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Haven't tried the Kick-eez but I can't say enough good things about the Limbsaver

skeet1
12-06-2008, 07:37 PM
eka,
I have a Kick-eez on my Browing Citori and I like it very much a big difference over the stock Browning recoil pad. I had a local gunsmith install it while I waited and it didn't take hime very long to fit it and it looks great.

Skeet1

practical_man
12-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Never used limbsaver, but KickEEZ are great. I've had one on my citori for 10 years and it's still great. Also have one a hard kicking side by side, and my 870.

these are relatively easy to fit if you have access to a belt sander.

KickEEZ come in several thicknesses, Magnum, Skeet, trap, and clays styles, and 3 different sizes. IMHO the 1" Clays style pad is best for all around use. The magnum pad is too thick, even for very heavy recoil.

-john

Muskrat Mike
12-06-2008, 09:41 PM
I have "deaccelators"," Kickeezes", and a limbsaver which is on a .444 Marlin. They all work but the Limbsaver definitely cuts down felt recoil more IMHO.:-D

Heavy lead
12-06-2008, 09:52 PM
They both work great, I have only noticed one weird thing about the Limbsavers. I usually use Sheath brand rust preventative, does something to the rubber they are made out of, makes it gooey.