PDA

View Full Version : lee 90274 .324 175 gr.

mainiac
12-05-2008, 10:07 PM
See this mold on lees site, and was wondering what you folk thought of it? I was thinking of buying one, and swaging a flat nose on it, in the sizer press. This would be for the .32 special. Any thoughts? thanks,

sundog
12-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Mainiac, winter your way yet? I would wait for the Ranch Dog 32-170-FN that is currently in prototype and testing. Michael says it will be July or August before they are in stock. You can read about it on Ranch Dog Forum. He's already harvested two hogs and a deer. This boolit is gonna be a winner.

I've got some checked and loobed finally that I am satisfied with. Had some issues with the gas check shank and seating depth in the Win M94, that apparently Micheal did not in the Marlin.

The 8mm RN is an okay in the 32, but if you can stand to wait, the RD 32 will be 'mo betta'. Your only other really good option is the RCBS 32-170-FN (unless you go custom), and that is now a lot pricier -- but it is one dandy boolit.

mainiac
12-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Sundog, winter hasnt really landed here yet. We had some cold weather earlier, but it has been pretty warm here for 2 weeks, allthough tonight it is down in the teens. I got the last week of the year off, (vacation) and want to go ice fishing some bad! I ordered the rcbs mold tonight, and will have to wait on the ranch-dog, it seems....

Buckshot
12-06-2008, 02:55 AM
................It's an outstanding boolit, so long as it fits what you're shooting it out of :-)

..............Buckshot