PDA

View Full Version : Jacketed performance with cast bullets

DirtyDusty
09-16-2020, 07:27 PM
Does anyone know if the newest edition is out yet? Verbal Smith’s website still shows preproduction ordering. I sent an email, but never heard back.

Bazoo
09-16-2020, 08:59 PM
I don't think it is. Be honest with you, it's not really that informative, least not the third edition. I already new a hard bullet, fit to the gun, using the best lube is the way to good results. He claims his bullet lube to be the best, but says NRA 50/50 is the best he's tried otherwise. It's worth reading, but I expected lots of tightly held secrets, whereas I got mostly conformation.

DirtyDusty
09-16-2020, 11:26 PM
I did more searching and found lots of posts about no communication and long order times. I guess I’ll keep my eyes open for a used copy.

MT Gianni
09-17-2020, 03:15 PM
I don't think it is. Be honest with you, it's not really that informative, least not the third edition. I already new a hard bullet, fit to the gun, using the best lube is the way to good results. He claims his bullet lube to be the best, but says NRA 50/50 is the best he's tried otherwise. It's worth reading, but I expected lots of tightly held secrets, whereas I got mostly conformation.

I believe that was because of the net. It held a lot of secrets in the early 90's that are now common knowledge easily found to a caster here and on similar sights. Look for Marshall Stantons Beartooth bullet guide which is a near duplicate.

DirtyDusty
09-17-2020, 03:46 PM
Any idea where I could find the beartooth guide?

Bazoo
09-17-2020, 04:59 PM
I have the Beartooth bullet technical manual. It does mirror jacketed performance with cast.

44Blam
09-18-2020, 12:52 AM
I ordered this book last year and he said he would try and work on it this spring. Hopefully, he gets a: