09-12-2020, 07:20 PM
hi all hope every one is doing great on this wonderful saturday

HVACscott
09-12-2020, 07:21 PM

today was wonderful in Denver CO

Winger Ed.
09-12-2020, 07:23 PM
Don't try to fake it or beat the system. You'll get spanked.

HVACscott
09-12-2020, 07:25 PM
sorry all! just trying to find a melting pot

Pressman
09-12-2020, 07:36 PM
Posting in Test will not increase your post count. You can post a want to buy or a want to trade in Swap&Sell, but not anything to sell till you meet the 30 days and 30 post limit.

HVACscott
09-12-2020, 07:39 PM
Posting in Test will not increase your post count. You can post a want to buy or a want to trade in Swap&Sell, but not anything to sell till you meet the 30 days and 30 post limit.

i noticed my count did not go up...sorry again
that's great news i will past WTB

HVACscott
09-12-2020, 07:45 PM
how to post a WTS...when under 30/30 rule??? don't see how

metricmonkeywrench
09-12-2020, 07:45 PM
Up in the right hand corner under your login name is a unread post count number, click on it and all the newest active posts will come up. Using that and entering into any conversations that interest you, you’ll have your post count up in no time.

Winger Ed.
09-12-2020, 08:08 PM
sorry all! just trying to find a melting pot

Welcome aboard.
Join in. This is the best place I've found to hang out.

Before ya know it, you'll be scratching your head and wondering where that silver boolit under your name came from.

Bazoo
09-12-2020, 08:09 PM
If you're not here to merely take advantage of our classifieds section, you should have plenty to talk about. Since you're new to reloading and cast, and since you're new to guns, maybe start a thread about the new guns you and your wife got. What kind and so forth. Maybe start a tread asking what kind of holsters others use, Or what kind of mag carriers. Plenty of things to talk about in the gun community. You could always start the 9mm vs 45 thread. I'm a 45 guy myself.

A while back there was a guy that killed a charging bear with a glock in 9mm, model 19 I believe. That's an interesting tidbit for you.

HumptyDumpty
09-12-2020, 08:25 PM
What I have found, in my very short tenure here, is that what you might consider a very niche interest, peculiar to you, is shared by others. I promise, there is a conversation you can join, or even start.

Bazoo
09-12-2020, 08:34 PM
Another thing is, the conversation doesn't have to be about cast bullets. We all eat here. Many collect cast iron, lots hunt. Plenty have metal or wood working skills, some fly and some race. And I'm part of the knife nut crowd. Talking bout knives is bout as much fun as talking bout guns.

Minds me of the story where Gene Moe killed a kodiak brown bear with a buck 110.

metricmonkeywrench
09-12-2020, 09:57 PM
A good Buck 110 or one of the modern pieces of garbage?

Bazoo
09-12-2020, 10:05 PM
I don't know, believe it was in the early 90s so it could have been either. I like my new one though.

navyvet
09-12-2020, 10:24 PM
It took me 11 years to get my 30. Hope you are a little faster than that.

Winger Ed.
09-12-2020, 10:29 PM
It took me 11 years to get my 30. Hope you are a little faster than that.

I've known a couple of other sailors that were also,,,,, no, I better stop here.:bigsmyl2:

country gent
09-12-2020, 10:41 PM
Welcome, Join in and post questions ideas thoughts or projects. Post count will grow quick. There is a lot of varied knowledge here to absorb and Your input will be appreciated. You will be surprised

HVACscott
09-12-2020, 10:47 PM
Welcome, Join in and post questions ideas thoughts or projects. Post count will grow quick. There is a lot of varied knowledge here to absorb and Your input will be appreciated. You will be surprised

I'm trying but bring so new to this don't have a lot to share just a lot to learn, and buy if i can find it.

Ozark mike
09-13-2020, 02:05 AM
Another thing is, the conversation doesn't have to be about cast bullets. We all eat here. Many collect cast iron, lots hunt. Plenty have metal or wood working skills, some fly and some race. And I'm part of the knife nut crowd. Talking bout knives is bout as much fun as talking bout guns.

Minds me of the story where Gene Moe killed a kodiak brown bear with a buck 110.

I had a 110 untill everything burned now i got a 120 still wouldnt want to have to get that close to a bear. Someone said awhile back he knew a guy who jumped out of a moving vehicle to chase a bear with a knife. Yep ill pass

Conditor22
09-13-2020, 11:55 AM
Like country gent said, go through the threads and ask questions about what your interested in or want to learn about. and comment on what your knowledgeable about.

But you still need to be a member for 30 days -- to sell

You can buy on the day you join, Many have joined just to buy something then stayed for the knowledge

HATCH
09-13-2020, 12:02 PM

I am doing great.

You got a month before you can post anything in S&S.
Its 30 days and 30 posts. You only been here 5 days so you got some time.
Do some reading. Make some useful posts.
Remember posting in THE PIT, S&S or Testing area do not count in your overall post count.

BTW, ever mess with the Mitsubishi mini-split thermostats. The wifi ones.
I got one in my shop that the batteries died in and was dead for several months.
Put new batts in and it says replace batteries. There isn't a coin battery as the memory backup is a super capacitor.
Its a wireless stat. Little box on top of the inside unit, the stat and then a redlink internet box hooked to my router/access point.
My shop has its on network even though it gets its WAN input from the main house. Any ideas besides spending the $400 to get a new setup?

brass410
09-13-2020, 02:51 PM
doing great here! just tidying up getting ready to go for moose hunt , I might even take a firearm this year LOL . I finally pulled a bull tag only took 15years, now I cant walk hardly, knees are completely screwwed. ( makes sense dont it). Gonna get some suspension work done after this covid thing is gone then will be able to walk about again. Its more of a social thing now for me, a chance to get away from home with the guys for some R&R.

HVACscott
09-13-2020, 05:48 PM
I am doing great.

You got a month before you can post anything in S&S.
Its 30 days and 30 posts. You only been here 5 days so you got some time.
Do some reading. Make some useful posts.
Remember posting in THE PIT, S&S or Testing area do not count in your overall post count.

BTW, ever mess with the Mitsubishi mini-split thermostats. The wifi ones.
I got one in my shop that the batteries died in and was dead for several months.
Put new batts in and it says replace batteries. There isn't a coin battery as the memory backup is a super capacitor.
Its a wireless stat. Little box on top of the inside unit, the stat and then a redlink internet box hooked to my router/access point.
My shop has its on network even though it gets its WAN input from the main house. Any ideas besides spending the $400 to get a new setup?

we bid out all the mini split system work...district does not want to invest the time and money training and buying the necessary diagnose equipment. so to answer your question NO.

Eugene27
02-04-2022, 10:04 PM

How can I start my on posting?
I have been on a lot of groups website and it has a section that you click on to post anything you want. The only thing I see I can do is reply to someone's post just like this.

buckwheatpaul
02-05-2022, 08:33 AM
Don't try to fake it or beat the system. You'll get spanked.

Ed is right. Take your time and enjoy and learn....that is what this site is about family and fun with our guns and our reloading and casting of boolits!

Minerat
02-05-2022, 12:45 PM
How can I start my on posting?
I have been on a lot of groups website and it has a section that you click on to post anything you want. The only thing I see I can do is reply to someone's post just like this.

Go to Our Town and tell us who you are. You can do this by scrolling down to the bottom of the posts list. On the left at the bottom is a grey box that says + Post new Thread pick this and you are on your way. You can do this in any SubForum except S&S until you reach the 30 days, 30 meaningful posts.

You still build post count by participating in the discussions already started.

JSnover
02-05-2022, 02:53 PM
I'm trying but bring so new to this don't have a lot to share just a lot to learn, and buy if i can find it.
Just got to the "equipment review" section and ask what everyone's favorite [melting pot, mould, whatever] is. Answer as many replies as you can, your count will come up and you'll get advice on what might work best for you. Welcome aboard.