PDA

View Full Version : Renge mining SCORE!

carbon_15
12-05-2008, 08:18 AM
I've got my Smelting pot all set up and I'm waiting on my molds to arive so I decided to try to find some raw materials. We have a range at my gunclub set aside for 2400 Bullseye shooting. Not my thing, so I have never even been on it. But boy its a lead goldmine. The back berm was literelay grey in color. I didn't have to use a shovel and screen or anything. In about 25 min I had picked up as much lead as I could fit in the small pail I had brought. I could easily pick out the cast bullets and leave the jacketed stuff behind...all just laying on the surface. When it was all washed and smelted I was left with 15 muffin tin ingots...all in the correct bullet makin alloy.

Bigjohn
12-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Once you get the bug your hooked. Now you just need to make a few more trips back to the berm and get more raw materials. Take a bigger pail or take two.
I know what it like; I mine my local range; competing against one other caster but keeping my head above water.
Always try to come home with more in salvage than I shot down range that day.

Don't overlook the jacketed, they are a twofold resource lead core & copper jacket. Just make certain that they are dry or 'smelt' them in a empty pot for each batch. You don't want a visit from the "Tinsel Fairy".

John.