PDA

View Full Version : Traded cans for Lead

Railbuggy
12-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Took some pop cans to a scraper today and traded for Lead.He said he wanted .20 cents a lb for the lead and I got credit for $13.20.Traded for 66lbs of lead.It was all plumbers lead used to seal the joints on old cast iron drain pipe.:drinks::castmine:

beagle
12-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Sounds like amighty good deal to me. Wish I could find a deal like that./beagle

compass will
12-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Took some pop cans to a scraper today and traded for Lead.He said he wanted .20 cents a lb for the lead and I got credit for $13.20.Traded for 66lbs of lead.It was all plumbers lead used to seal the joints on old cast iron drain pipe.:drinks::castmine:

but how many pop cans did it take? There value is way down also ain't it?

Chunky Monkey
12-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Good deal lead for cans that most people throw away!

I got some cans, scrap brass (casings and spent primers), and wheel weight clips I've been saving to do the same thing. I'm gonna do the same thing. I also found 2 really old sewing machines in the woods when I was hunting. I tossed em in the back of the truck. Those suckers were heavy and they appear to be steal (all rusted). Maybe I'll get a couple pounds of WW for them and they are no longer in the woods.

Hafast
12-05-2008, 09:02 AM
My local recycler charged me $0.18/lb for wheel weights and $0.23/lb for pure lead last week. Bought a total of 400 lbs.
Anybody find a deal on Ben-Gay for my aching back?

dakotashooter2
12-05-2008, 01:16 PM
The cans are worth about .25 lb around here down from over .50 this spring.

Every spring I manage to fill a couple of 30 gal garbage cans with (crushed) cans picked up along the road going back and forth turkey hunting.

Note: some guys are pretty consistent about how long it takes them to down a beer between the bar and home.