PDA

View Full Version : Der Schutzenvagon

KevMT
12-25-2005, 01:13 AM
The other day I was telling my son about "Der Schetzenvagon" and he thought it sounded pretty neat. Is there still a link to the site with pictures of it?

Kev :Fire:

BruceB
12-25-2005, 02:01 AM
Kev;

Go to

www.castpics.net

and then to "Special Projects", where you'll find it. Be aware that it looks positively pristine in those photos, and lacks both the cleaning/gunsmithing bench which replaced that seat ahead of the loading bench, and at LEAST a ton-and-a-half of assorted accessories, tools, ammo boxes etc. etc. etc.

The spotting scope now is mounted on an up-side-down panning camera tripod head on a bar across the body above the benchrest. It also has a 10-foot chronograph boom set into the face of the benchrest, adjustable for elevation and direction FROM THE SHOOTING POSITION, and a bunch of other features not shown in those first pics. I still say it's the best shooting toy I've ever had in my life.

keeper89
12-25-2005, 03:21 PM
Bruce,

WOW! I worked my way through two Dodge B350 15 passenger vans I bought at state auction for cheap money. I have to tell you that what you have done was always in the back of my mind but I never got that round tuit!!! Great job and I guess I'll have to go to another state auction looking for another van on the cheap......... :twisted:

KevMT
12-26-2005, 02:23 PM
Thanks Bruce,

The boy says it's "Way Cool". The wife says it's "um...interesting" and I say that I know what my first project is going to be after retirement.

I’m actually quite lucky where I live now because I can load up and drive right to the edge of town here in Butte and set up to shoot. It only takes me about 5 minutes to get there. Some of the locals bring all kinds of trash (TV’s, computers you name it) out there and shoot it up and leave it. I don’t know how much longer the lazzie-fare attitude toward out free-for-all shooting range can continue when folks do this sort of thing. But I guess I’ll enjoy it while it lasts.

Kev