PDA

View Full Version : hard lube

12-01-2008, 05:13 PM
i use a lots of zambini lube for pistol bullest in my star sizer with a heater base. i realy lihe it and it has very little smoke when shooting. i have some com. lbt blue lube comming. has any one used ihe lbt hard lube? if so have you used both of these two lubes and which did you like best.?

bobthenailer
12-02-2008, 06:30 PM
i used alot of zambine hard lube in the past it worked well but the pressures were higher than with lbt commerical which ive used for top loads or extreem accuracy loads for about 20 years or so, i was one of vierls first costomers ive bought moulds , lube , hardness tester and 3 books off him in the past, i also have 2 star lube sizers with old C & H heaters . i like the lbt the best. after running out of zanbenie about 10 years ago, i use thompson or magnma eng hard lube and both work well for regular loads to 1200 fps or so. i also get the big sticks of lube for the camdex sizer i think there 2 inch X 8 inch and are alot cheaper to buy that way , i melt them down in a pirex measuring cup and pour the lube in the star lube resivour let it set up for about 5 to 10 minutes and then put the pressure assembly on and tighten the pressure screw that way you get more lube in the resivour and all most never any air pockets. bob

32Special
12-02-2008, 08:44 PM
I've used LBT commercial for everything up to 2200 fps and never had any leading in rifle or pistol. I tried LBT soft, and it isn't nearly as good even at low pressure pistol velocities.

I've been wanting to try some of the Lars lubes that are favored on this site, but I can't get a response to an email. I don't think they could possibly be better, but they certainly are less expensive.

I guess I'll have to bite the bullet, and just order another 30 sticks of LBT.