PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Bullshops "Speed Green"!

rockrat
11-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Thought I would ask about this lube from those of you who use it. Looing for a HV rifle lube--maybe up to around 2500fps. Thanks

NSP64
11-30-2008, 09:08 PM
You might want to PM bullshop himself and see what he has that would go that fast:drinks:

Bullshop
11-30-2008, 11:39 PM
We have tested it to 3000 fps with no apparent lube break down. That is the reason we put speed in its name. It was intended for high pressure and velocity.
In our experiance you will reach the shear limit of the alloy and accuracy will go south before speed green will break down.
The bullplate lube was an offshoot of speed green not the other way round.
BIC/BS

compass will
12-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Does it work well for slower rounds also? I size everything in my one lyman (with a heater) and would be happy only having to use one lube. Since I am running out of lube and need to place an order, I want to buy a "one size fits all".

I cast for .308, 30-30, 32 Winchester Special, 22-250, 45 Colt in wheel guns and rifles and soon 45-70. All smokeless powders.

Bullshop
12-01-2008, 03:25 PM
compass will
Yes speed green comes as close to an all purpose lube as I have been able to find. It flows freely without heat at room temp yet is not too soft. It is fairly soft, compaired to commercial hard lubes yet not too sticky like alox. It works as good for 45 acp at 800 fps as it does for say an 06 at 2500 fps. Handgun or rifle high or low pressure hot or cold weather it works good. The only area its not so good in is black powder, but hay thats why we make NASA.
BIC/BS

compass will
12-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Thanks, when I get a chance I will put an order through.

randyrat
12-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Order some of Bullshop's "sprue plate lube" also. It's made casting for me a breeze. I can't live without it now. Gee, thanks a lot.

yondering
12-05-2008, 12:18 AM
Do I understand correctly, Bullshop, that one can order a bottle of bullplate lube and make speed green? I have a bit of straight beeswax I may as well use up, and would like to try some speed green.

Bullshop
12-05-2008, 03:35 AM
yondering
Yes that is correct. Here at the bull cave we add a couple other ingrediance to help the hollow sticks release from the molds and to help the lube consistancy so it will flow without heat. The shooting qualities seem to not be changed by leaving them out.
There was another thread that I gave the other ingrediance and amounts to add. If you think you may want to use them try doing a search for speed green.
If your not pouring hollow sticks the simple 3 to 1 by weight not volume bee's wax to bullplate seems to work as just as well.
BIC/BS

yondering
12-06-2008, 12:40 AM
Thanks Bullshop. I'm not making hollow sticks, just pouring it straight into the lubersizer in melted form. Looks like I'll have to order some bullplate lube from you.