PDA

View Full Version : Demons, Ghosts and Paranormal activity

Rizzo
07-13-2020, 01:46 PM
When our physical body dies, our Soul/Spirit/Consciousness survives and goes to the Spiritual Realms where God decides what happens next.

Apparently there is some situations where "Tramp Souls" remain earthbound due to strong material urges and attachments.
They look for foolishly passive mentalities so that they can inhabit their bodies.

Jesus and the Apostles cast out these "demons" in different stories in the Bible.

Lately I have been watching a TV show called Paranormal Activity Caught on Camera.
The program shows "home videos" of things from UFO's to ghostly encounters.

There are plenty of videos showing what appears to be a "spirit" with a physical form walking down the street, in a house and so forth.
Also with some of their sophisticated equipment, they were able to record audio from the spirits.
Sometimes voices could be heard with no audio equipment.

There is something going on here, obviously.

What do you think is going on with these "ghosts"?
It seems that not all of them want to possess a body but just seem to be content with haunting a house or....whatever.

GhostHawk
07-13-2020, 10:19 PM
I don't think most "Ghost's" can possess a living body.

Demons yes.

Ghost's do exist IMO, I have seen one, dimly, heard his footsteps, he touched my wife's hair through a solid wall and bookcase.

That happened to be the third contact in a fairly short period of time.
So I went up to the attic where we heard his footsteps pretty regularly and I gave him a strong piece of my mind.

I told him this was MY house now, here are the rules. Follow them and you can stay.
Break them and I'll blow your spirit to smithereens and have the house excercised and blessed until you can no longer stand it.

It got real quiet for about 20 years.

When the wife was stuck in bed recovering from back surgery she heard him walking around up there again. Just the once.
No more sightings, no more touching.

I think they are spirits that for one reason or another are unable to move on.
Some I suspect do not realize they are dead. Some have unfinished business, some are afraid of where they would go.

I don't believe it happens all that often.

And I suspect that a demon or being of hades could perhaps attract others to the area.
Jesus threw out demons several times. So that is enough for me right there.

I also believe that WE have the power to compel them to leave in Jesus's name. If we believe we can.
But I'm just an ol farm boy from back in the sticks, what do I know. We each choose to believe what seems right to us.

Winger Ed.
07-13-2020, 10:26 PM
Not sure what the deal is with ghosts that remain here.

I've had several experiences with them, and the of ones I've encountered,
they seem to have pretty much the same sort of personality that they had in life.

Not sure if it has anything to do with ghosts:
On recent edition real estate transaction forms here, it is required to disclose if anyone has died in a house
for any reason other than natural causes.

farmbif
07-13-2020, 10:31 PM
ive got a video from a trail cam set up on a graveyard road, that shows something, actually three somethings coming down from the sky in the video, starts out as a round light and grows into a ghost like form with super bright hearts as they get towards the ground, then quickly fly out of the frame, have no idea what it is but it was caught on this trail cam. ive tried to export it and can't the only place it exists is on an old computer, transferred from the card that was in camera, that laptop won't even power up anymore. it was my neighbors trail cam and his son wiped the card clean. if I could have transferred it I would have. nephew is a computer wiz that works for google. next time I see him he's getting the computer to try and get that video out.. I promise to share if he gets it out of the laptop.

BigAlofPa.
07-13-2020, 10:33 PM
My wife likes to watch the paranormal investigators on youtube. The one i don't care for he's a potty mouth. Moe Sargi is his name. There is another Patty she's ok but gets a little mouthy too. Nicest one is Omar Gosh he seams to be a good guy. We had a ghost in the house i grew up in. You could hear walking upstairs when we were all in the den watching tv. Also one time a skeleton key was broke off in a door. And one morning a jar of jelly was laying on the kitchen floor. I saw a mist one night go across my bedroom floor. The house was built in 1803. My parents sold it to a gal i went to school with. I should ask them if she ever said anything about the ghost. The house was built by Eli spectershol or something like that. There is a plaque above the walk in fireplace.

bakerjw
07-14-2020, 10:14 AM
Our house is old enough that it had wood foundations. We started remodeling it 14 years ago. I spent so much time in it and have never heard a peep from anything that could be considered a ghost or spirit.
One night a handful of years ago. My wife's sister who lived in a trailer about 150 yards from us unexpectedly died in the middle of the night. While my wife, her mom, sister and step dad loaded up into the car to follow the ambulance to the hospital, I went back to the house. She was dead when they brought her out of the trailer but my wife's family was hopeful that everything was going to be fine. It was sad to see then talking to her as they took her out. Anyway, when I got back to our house, it was eerily quiet but I sensed something. The only feeling that I got out of it was that she, my sister in law, was scared.

About 12 years ago, my son brought his girlfriend (future DIL) down to visit. It was a long drive for them and about 11:00 at night they were heading upstairs to bed. Just off the cuff, I said "Yeah. Uh, if you hear a noise, it's just the ghost. It's harmless, it just makes noise." That poor girl turned white as a sheet in terror. It was like OMG, she believes me. I had to apologize and spent several minutes assuring her that I was just joking.

MT Gianni
07-14-2020, 11:00 AM
As I believe in God being a Superior Being, and life a mortal probation, the idea that some can defy him after death and do what they want is unfathomable.
Have I ever felt odd in some places, yes. I believe that Jesus through out demons, not dead spirits.

smithnframe
07-14-2020, 11:51 AM
I think most if not all of it is computer generated.

redhawk0
07-14-2020, 11:52 AM
It's as fake as CNN.

redhawk

1hole
07-14-2020, 01:18 PM
I don't believe in "ghosts", i.e. ghostly spirits of human dead, but I do believe in eternal angels and eternal demons.

I believe demons are the corrupted hosts of angels that followed Lucifer (Satan) in rebellion to the rule of God. Each demon is powerful to some degree and demons don't do humans any good.

I believe demons can indwell receptive people and influence - even control - such people for evil purpose, people who are possessed to the point of total spiritual control of successive hosts.

I believe the "memories" of people like Shirley McClaine who claim to have been repeatedly reincarnated are nothing less than demonic beings - not human - with memories of their past possessions, not their past host's memories as such.

God created man from the "dust of the earth" but there was no life in him. Man was just an odd looking sack of dirt and water until God breathed life into him and he became an eternally living soul (Gen 2:7) existing in a mortal body; when the soul leaves the body immediately dies and reverts to sack of dirt and water. But, the life force - the soul - lives forever in a holding place of God's choosing until it will be returned to quicken the resurrected body for the rest of eternity in Heaven or the Lake of Fire.

The souls of living creatures have control of the vital but unconscious (animal) life functions of the body - breathing, circulation, digestion, excretion, etc. Living men can have "out of body" spiritual experiences without mortal consequence but the moment his soul leaves his body he is physically dead.

The spirit of man is his developed characteristics; his memories, desires, wisdom, etc. Thus, the human soul and spirit are not the same and they are not interchangable. Each has a Godly and well ordered function and purpose that, working together with the body of flesh, makes living men in the triune image of Jesus.

Therefore, any "ghosts" we may experience in this life have to be something different from what they are said to be. By logical default, I believe demonic spirits have indwelt living humans as long as their host's living bodys lasted and they, the disembodied demons, are the "ghosts" so many people have encountered.

Winger Ed.
07-14-2020, 06:13 PM
I used to work with a guy, good dude, quite religious.
A few of us were taking a break one afternoon, and someone told of a recent ghost type visit.

He jumped in and said he didn't believe in ghosts, and anybody that did was crazy.

I asked him how he reconciled that with the "Father, Son, and Holy Ghost" thing.
I retired a few months later, and never got an answer.

bakerjw
07-14-2020, 07:04 PM
I have been in the presence of the holy spirit a few times and will attest that it is real.

1hole
07-14-2020, 10:05 PM
... I asked him how he reconciled that with the "Father, Son, and Holy Ghost" thing.

Ed, the KJV translators got that wrong, it should have read "Holy Spirit" as all other translations got it.

A "ghost" is supposed to be the disembodied spirit of a dead human. The Holy Spirit has never been a human and he sure hasn't been dead in spite of a lot of over eddicated librul innerlecshul's claims otherwise.

Winger Ed.
07-14-2020, 11:16 PM
. The Holy Spirit has never been a human and he sure hasn't been dead .

No argument there, but I'd heard Ghost off & on since I was a kid by folks that probably should have known better.

1hole
07-15-2020, 02:24 PM
No argument there, but I'd heard Ghost off & on since I was a kid by folks that probably should have known better.

Ditto. And everyone I knew of swore that the KJV is the "only true Bible" and has no errors; now I know that's not true.

As a kid I remember trying to make sense of a dead human Jesus and the Holy Ghost. I had read children's stories of ghosts so it seemed logical to me that saying "Holy Ghost" meant the eternal spirit of the dead Jesus! Wrong of course but it was hard for me to get passed that gross error.

I still love the KJV, it's what I grew up with and if it was good enough for Jesus, Paul and Timothy without sinfill revisions I long felt it was good enough for me! ;)

I now know the KJV had been revised several times before I ever saw one but even today it contains a lot of trivial word translation errors. The New King James Version - and some others - are much improved over the older KJVs but each of us should use the version that speaks well to our souls. (But NOT the "New World Translation", it's just a lousy rewrite of a lot of verses invented by the Jehovah Witnesses cult to bring their false "bible" into better alignment with their warped teachings!)

I once read - or tried to read - a photocopy of the actual 1611 KJV. I couldn't; the weird grammar of Shaksperian English was so odd that I really couldn't make sense of it! For instance, there are no Greek or Latin equivalents to 1611's royal "Thee", "Thou", "Thine", etc., so they join with Holy "Ghost" as harmless and well intended but still invalid translations of common words.

OutHuntn84
07-15-2020, 02:38 PM
For some people they do. Now that may be because they are the true believers or maybe have been blessed with a gift. However as far as I am concerned there isnt anything on this earth I cant physically defend against; everything else is the good lords domain and me being a humble servant I stay out of his business.

1hole
07-15-2020, 03:49 PM
For some people they do

Don't understand; "For some people they do" what?

Ickisrulz
07-15-2020, 04:09 PM
For instance, there are no Greek or Latin equivalents to 1611's royal "Thee", "Thou", "Thine", etc., so they join with Holy "Ghost" as harmless and well intended but still invalid translations of common words.

Actually, Greek and Hebrew (like many other languages) make distinctions between a singular and plural "you." The KJV follows this (thee/thou/thine and thy are singular and ye/you/your are plural). So in this sense the KJV does what no other English translation does. This can be important at times in figuring out who is being addressed when the context is not entirely clear.

I am not a KJV user, but acknowledge this as being one of its strengths.

dtknowles
07-15-2020, 07:54 PM
Don't have any personal experience with Demons, Ghosts or Paranormal activity. I believe it happens. Jesus rose from the dead and appeared to the apostles a few times. God appeared to Moses and Abraham. Satan appeared to Christ. The Angels have appeared from time to time and these are only the Jewdeo Christian accounts. Haunting and possessions are probably real sometimes. I don't see any Theological problems with the existence of demons or ghosts.

Tim

GhostHawk
07-15-2020, 09:20 PM
I prefer the 1611 Red Letter version myself. Don't know why, it just works for me.

That is the wonderful thing about choice. Everyone has one.

Newtire
07-19-2020, 01:00 AM
Both my cousin & I got a strong impression that my Grandma was saying our name one night . It kind of shook me a bit and I got up for a drink of water . Happened to look up at the time . My mom called the next morning to tell me that my Grandma had passed last night. I told her the time and she said it matched and that my cousin had the same experience. Not scary, she was smiling as always.