PDA

View Full Version : Gove roller from Lone Star Rifle

Angus in Wyoming
11-28-2008, 08:30 PM
Do any of you have the Gove rolling block made by Lone Star Rifle? I would love to see a picture and talk to you. That underlever looks like a good idea to me. For those of you who noticed I posted about Shiloh and C Sharps, well I just can't make up my mind. I was hoping that somebody made a Heburn that is of the quality of Shiloh, C Sharps or Lone Star, but I have not found one. Any ideas????

Mike Venturino
11-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Angus: Check out the DZ Arms Hepburns. They are located in Oklahoma City. I did an article on one of their full size .22s that is in the RIFLE Magazine that will appear on the stands any day. There is a photo of their Hepburn on the cover near the bottom. It was an excellent rifle.

MLV

Angus in Wyoming
11-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Thanks MLV. I looked at DZ's sight. Those are great looking guns. You didn't state in your reply, but have you any experience with the Gove roller made by Lone Star? I don't think I have ever seen one.

Don McDowell
11-28-2008, 10:00 PM
I can't say about the Gove roller from Lone Star, but I do know a couple of folks that have rollers from Lonestar, and I don't think either of those rifles will be for sale , :ounless its something to do with settling the decedents estate.:wink:

Mike Venturino
11-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Angus: Dave did send one of those Gove underlever RBs up to me a few years back to use in an article. It was a nicely made rifle but I really didn't like the underlever system. It seemed like one of those "excellent solutions to a non-existent problem." I have two of the normal Lone Stars - a .40-65 silhouette rifle and a .50-70 hunting rifle.

MLV

Mike Brooks
11-29-2008, 12:56 PM
I'll not part with my Lone Star, Great gun and serial #1 to boot!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0703/Gunmaker/Lone%20Star%20Rolling%20Block/r2.jpg
45-90

Angus in Wyoming
11-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Thanks all for the replies. I'm not sure if I am reading your posts right, but I was not trying to buy one off of anybody. Thanks again MLV for the info. I did get an email from Dave at Lone Star and he said they weren't making them anymore, but were still making the one with the side lever.
I was thinking that this type of roller would fix the "problem" of not being able to cam in a round.
As far as guns go, I am looking for a gun, but can't seem to make up my mind. At my age, really my young family's age, I want to get just one more for now. If I could I would have a few of all of them. My son is shooting the day lights out of my 38-55 and that is the only bpcr we have. It is time to add another gun. I know I want a 45/70 and something made in USA. Other than that I am open and looking. I will still have questions and want to thank all of you for your replies in advance. If I ever make up my mind, I will let you all know. Thanks Angus