PDA

View Full Version : fairly new here

ddeaton
11-26-2008, 11:38 PM
I have been on here for a little while and wish to say something. I build muzzleloaders, like to shoot and work on tactical guns, been reloading for about 25 yrs off and on, and shot trap for a little while. I just got geared up for doing some of this casting stuff and I am excited. If not for this website I dont think I would be doing this. So I wish to thank everyone on here for the great info and the BS. It is so much easier to ask dumb questions on here than in person at the range. Again, thanks a bunch and I will post some pics when I get my first pour going.

Jon K
11-26-2008, 11:49 PM
ddeaton,

Well...........just jump in and get your feet wet.

There is no dumb question................except the one not asked.........

Have fun,

Jon

Heavy lead
11-26-2008, 11:54 PM
Good thing about casting boolits is if they don't come out right you can just melt em and do it over. No harm no foul. Don't ya wish everything were like that?

Buckshot
11-27-2008, 03:06 AM
...........Uh oh, we're being blamed :-)

.............Buckshot

ddeaton
11-27-2008, 09:58 AM
...........Uh oh, we're being blamed :-)

.............Buckshot

Somebody caught on!!

lunicy
11-27-2008, 10:14 AM
You chose the right site. I'm not a newb, but these guys know their stuff. I learned more lurking one day than I ever learned on my own.

ddeaton
11-27-2008, 10:45 AM
I will let you all know in a day or 2 how well you did. I have all I need to start my first cast. I plan on starting this weekend. I have cast roundballs quite a bit, so I have a little head start.

mooman76
11-27-2008, 11:04 AM
I like you started with RBs (years ago). I found it was very good practice to start on regular bullets. Although easier I found it a good start on getting the basic tecnique down so I think you have a good head start.

Three44s
11-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Best of luck, stay safe and enjoy!!!!

Three 44s

TCLouis
11-27-2008, 11:49 PM
ddeaton

One difference between here and the range.

I have heard lots of misinformation at the range and watched much ignorance and some pure blooded stupidity in action.

Do NOT remembering anything here that was just PLAIN OL WRONG!

leadeye
11-28-2008, 08:33 AM
I restarted casting after a 25 year absence, have learned more from members of this site than I could have any other way imaginable.

PatMarlin
11-28-2008, 09:41 AM
I have been on here for a little while and wish to say something. I build muzzleloaders, like to shoot and work on tactical guns, been reloading for about 25 yrs off and on, and shot trap for a little while. I just got geared up for doing some of this casting stuff and I am excited. If not for this website I dont think I would be doing this. So I wish to thank everyone on here for the great info and the BS. It is so much easier to ask dumb questions on here than in person at the range. Again, thanks a bunch and I will post some pics when I get my first pour going.

Welcome to cast boolit heaven! ..:drinks:

There's no such thing as dumb questions here, only dumb answers ..:mrgreen: