PDA

View Full Version : Need an approximate value of Ideal hand tools. Pics.

mikenbarb
11-26-2008, 07:41 PM
Can anyone give me an idea what the two Ideal hand tools in the middle are worth? They are a #3 & #10 in mint shape with dies and original decappers. The #3 is in 22 Hornet and the #10 is in 300 Savage.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/mikenbarbj/080.jpg

Bent Ramrod
11-27-2008, 05:28 PM
Mike,

At gun shows in southern California, a set like those, minus the original box, might be offered for anything between $45 and $120. Generally, the higher the price, the more time it takes to sell them, to the point where they can be featured on the seller's table for show after show for years and years. The presence of the original decapping stems is a plus, but they should also have the little metal charge cups to be regarded as "complete." With all the parts and the original box, $25 to $50 might be added to the total, with the same ratio between asking price and speed of sale.

John Boy
11-27-2008, 10:15 PM
Mike, the B&M powder chargers would go between $75 to $100 each if they have not been abused

hydraulic
11-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Lyman is asking $50 for a new alloy set of handles, a little more for a set of dies. Trouble is, there aren't many of us interested in the old Ideal stuff, and we're usually a bunch of cheapskates. A friend of mine has the worlds 3rd largest collection of Newton rifles. The scarcity of collectors for Newtons keeps the price down. You have some very nice Ideal stuff.

mikenbarb
11-30-2008, 07:47 PM
hydraulic, Thats only a small quantity of the Ideal and Lyman items I own and their all perfect or darn near it. The Ideal tools have skyrocketed in the last year because of buyers wanting to collect them. The average price I have seen for the STEEL hand tools caliber specific is around 100- 170.00 depending on condition and whats with it. These arent just regular steel handles and their a model 3 and model 10 and steel tongs are just a plain ol 310 tool. This is the package minus the boxes as they came from the factory when the original guy bought them because I even have the original reciept for them that he gave me with a bunch of other stuff. The B&M powder measures in the pic are well taken care of and the one on the left is a rare one and you can see the difference if youlook close at it. The handles a polished stainless thats much larger and its got a blank faceplate, smaller window, different screws, bigger clamping opening and a different pin holes for the powder hopper. This is one thats being researched by Ken at Antique Reloading tools because this one has never been seen before that anyone knows of.