PDA

View Full Version : Sites that have moulds for sale

IcerUSA
11-26-2008, 12:31 PM
What sites have moulds for sale ? Evil-Bay has lost me as a customer as they are forcing all the sellers to use PayPal . Go figure .

Keith

montana_charlie
11-26-2008, 02:07 PM
What sites have moulds for sale ?
That answer would be a list so long it might take days to write.
Typing 'bullet moulds' into the Google search box gets this starting point for you...
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=bullet+moulds&aq=1&oq=bullet+mould

Evil-Bay has lost me as a customer as they are forcing all the sellers to use PayPal .
I keep hearing people say that, but I keep seeing things for sale where sellers accept checks and money orders...or sellers that have their own checkout procedure, separate from eBay.

I think that mandatory use of PayPal is something of a myth. But, since I don't sell, I can't explain why so many think it's true.

And...
Have you ever used PayPal? Do you realize how convenient it is?

CM

Scrounger
11-26-2008, 02:29 PM
No, they don't mandate use of PayPal, they just encourage it. And like you, I am totally satisfied with its convenience. But we can't fight ignorance so the myth continues... Like the myth Ebay and PayPal are anti-gun. Just because they do not want to become involved with any lawsuits arising from the illegal or unfortunate use of a gun sold through their site. They are labeled "Anti-gun" but not a word is said about their local gas station, grocery store, pharmacy, hardware store or whatever that made that same business decision not to sell guns. That's OK, I don't have to compete with them for all the nice molds on Ebay.

45nut
11-26-2008, 02:42 PM
I think that mandatory use of PayPal is something of a myth. But, since I don't sell, I can't explain why so many think it's true.
A long time ago I was a enthusiastic shopper/seller at ebay. I changed ISP's and lost track of time and couldn't log in to my account so I just created a new one last year in order to sell off some goods, well,, ebay required the use of paypal with my new account and closed my auctions when I referred to my payment preferences not being paypal.

http://www.aboutpaypal.com/honest_ebay_seller_buyer

That is a site that almost comes close to my thoughts on paypal and why the forced option for "new accounts" just ticks me off.

Suo Gan
11-26-2008, 03:21 PM
I have bought and sold on Ebay since 1999. In the beginning, there were good deals to be had, and most people were okay to deal with. Now as a buyer, it seems most things go for a little less than they go for new, and you have the risk of buying something used. As a seller, you have to deal with major dipsticks who constantly harp and moan about every conceivable thing imaginable. I sometimes browse the site in search of an oddball item... When Ebay made me verify my bank account to sell, that was really the final straw. They have been getting negative press for the forced use of Ebay owned PayPal, since then they have layed off abit.

PS; Have ya'all noticed when watching an item, maybe for several cycles (if things don't get bid on or won in the first go round, they usually get relisted) and you bid on it, there is an immediate bid increase. I think that most sellers are using shadow accounts so that their items go for more money, this takes the excitement out of the auction as far as I'm concerned.

Forgot to add these auctions that always have used molds for sale:
http://www.gunbroker.com/
&
http://www.auctionarms.com/

deltaenterprizes
11-26-2008, 03:36 PM
I have bought and sold on Ebay since 1999. In the beginning, there were good deals to be had, and most people were okay to deal with. Now as a buyer, it seems most things go for a little less than they go for new, and you have the risk of buying something used. As a seller, you have to deal with major dipsticks who constantly harp and moan about every conceivable thing imaginable. I sometimes browse the site in search of an oddball item... When Ebay made me verify my bank account to sell, that was really the final straw. They have been getting negative press for the forced use of Ebay owned PayPal, since then they have layed off abit.

PS; Have ya'all noticed when watching an item, maybe for several cycles (if things don't get bid on or won in the first go round, they usually get relisted) and you bid on it, there is an immediate bid increase. I think that most sellers are using shadow accounts so that their items go for more money, this takes the excitement out of the auction as far as I'm concerned.

Forgot to add these auctions that always have used molds for sale:
http://www.gunbroker.com/
&
http://www.auctionarms.com/

Nothing on either site

jhrosier
11-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Deltaent.

Try searching for "bullet mold"
there are dozens on AA and a couple of pages on GB.

Jack

Scrounger
11-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Since their minds are already made up, I don't suppose it will do any good to post this excerpt from Ebay explaining that the mandatory PayPal option is the seller's choice, not an Ebay requirement except in Australia. Maybe they have funny money there...
Basically, what they are saying is the seller can choose to make it a requirement that
1. The buyer must have a PayPal account, proving that he is not a fly-by-night, and has a credit rating;
And/OR
2. Be required to pay by PayPal. Remember, this is the seller's choice and he can choose to use or not use these requirements on any of his listings.

The requirement(s) you select will be applied to your current and future listings and can be disabled at any time.
Note: The exception to this is the requirement that the buyers have a PayPal account. This requirement will apply to future listings only and can be disabled per item on the Sell Your Item form. Current listings, including good-till-canceled and selling tool templates, will not be affected. You'll need to revise these listings or templates to enable this requirement.
Requiring buyers to have a PayPal account does not mean that the buyer must pay for the item using PayPal. It only requires that the buyer be a PayPal account holder before they can bid on or purchase the item through whichever payment method you accept.

45nut
11-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Just my own personal experience that if I did not select Paypal as a payment option the listing would not go through.
I attempted it many times and only if the "I accept paypal" box was checked did it allow the listing.

If I added language such as "ebay forced the listing to allow paypal but I do not have a paypal account" the listing was instantly deleted.

Suo Gan
11-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Nothing on either site

Maybe you did not look hard enough, I found hundreds just now (on both sites)...Do you want one of us to come over and help you find molds or what?

mooman76
11-26-2008, 11:05 PM
You can still get deals on ebay but they are few and far between. I've been surching te buy it now lately. Yes most want more than allot of places but occationally you fine someone just wanting to sell a mould.

ddeaton
11-26-2008, 11:13 PM
paypal sucks

deltaenterprizes
11-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Maybe you did not look hard enough, I found hundreds just now (on both sites)...Do you want one of us to come over and help you find molds or what?

That would be nice when can I expect you? I have a nice shop in the back where you can stay.

I put in "bullet molds" in the search on both sites and nothing came up.
Posting a link would be nice,it could be my search engine.

Cancell the invitation,I just put "bullet mold",the singular term and got plenty of hits!

jhrosier
11-27-2008, 02:45 PM
...,I just put "bullet mold",the singular term and got plenty of hits![smilie=b:

Computers is stupid.

Looks like you are on the right track now.;-)

Jack

IcerUSA
11-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the links guys , I'll keep looking also .

Keith

jdgabbard
11-28-2008, 07:37 PM

This is NOT due to "shadow accounts". When bidding you get an option to place a maximum bid. And ebay will outbid other bidders up until your max bid has been out bid. I use this feature all the time. It helps you keep from being out bid at the last second by some other guy that is trying to pull a fast one.

Scrounger
11-28-2008, 08:02 PM
I use a "sniper' program that does that for me. It is "Esnipe" if anyone wants to sign up for it. http://www.esnipe.com/
It costs 1% of your successful bid, nothing if you don't win. But I too think some people have shadow accounts to bid up their merchandise.

EDK
11-29-2008, 07:16 PM
I go to auctionarms and gunbroker as well as ebay, and the classifieds here and other forums. The sellers on AA and GB are way too high compared to other places. I've bought guns off those sites and got some real bargains, even with shipping and a transfer fee. BUT boolit moulds there are ridiculous! Paying more for a used mould than you can buy the same one new from GRAFS, MIDWAY, MIDSOUTH, etc and add $$ for shipping isn't my idea of a bargain.

:cbpour::redneck::Fire:

montana_charlie
11-30-2008, 03:42 PM
When bidding you get an option to place a maximum bid. And ebay will outbid other bidders up until your max bid has been out bid. I use this feature all the time. It helps you keep from being out bid at the last second by some other guy that is trying to pull a fast one.
Your method probably results in a higher purchase price.

Say you're looking at an item that has six days to go. The starting bid is $9.99 and it's worth as much as $100...to you.
If you go ahead and place your $100 maximum bid, other potential buyers have six days to try to get above you. Everytime one of them bids, the price you will eventually pay goes up. Eventually, somebody may even outbid you. Then, you get to take stabs at the leader to see if you can discover his maximum bid.

If you just sit back and watch the bidding, it might stay low...or go high. But, at least, it isn't you who is causing it to go up.

If the price is still in your range at the end of the auction, you can drop your $100 bid during the last 20 seconds. If the bidding has only worked it's way up to (something like) $75 you will probably get the item.

Even at live auctions...where we can all see each other...I never bid on an item until everybody has quit. Then, if it's still in my range, I bid the most that I want to pay. If somebody wants it that bad...it's his.

The difference between eBay and live auctions is this...
When you tell the auctioneer you are raising the bid to (say) $100...you will pay that amount if you win.

But on eBay...if the maximum bid recorded (during that last twenty seconds) is well below your $100...you will only pay enough to beat that amount.
(In the example above, you might get the item for $83.57...or something.)

I've been 'sniping' ever since I learned how to do it.
I don't feel at all guilty because I am simply bidding what I am willing to pay...but I do that at the end of the sale.
If the price climbs up to ridiculous levels, at least I am NOT involved in helping that to happen.

CM

Wayne Smith
11-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Charlie, in an ideal world I agree. In fact I just 'won' what appears to be a very nice Winchester 32 WCF mold that looks clean with some original finish just that way. Unfortunately, I have to work and go to bed. Being on the East Coast has something to do with it, I suppose. Anyway, I frequently have to bid my max hours before the auction ends. It's my max, if someone wants it more, they get it.

Heavy lead
11-30-2008, 05:44 PM
Mountain Moulds, that's my answer, I'm sick of ebay breaking my heart, by the time you get done screwing around for a week or more with an auction on a used item and pay more than a new one you can just have a custom cut that really will be what you wanted in the first place. I am not anti-ebay, but auction fever is much like mob mentality, not much common sense.

shotman
11-30-2008, 06:25 PM
hey I love the sniping. Do it all the time that stops the bidding up thing. I get a lot of FU em's but I just sit and drink my mick and laugh get some good buys but takes two computers to get good at it. Kids play me toooooo.

Heavy lead
11-30-2008, 06:34 PM
I do the sniping for my wife, she makes beaded jewelry and has something on the watch list all the time. She leaves it to me to snipe for her. But I'm just too emotionally involved on the boolit moulds, darnit.

JSnover
11-30-2008, 06:37 PM
I'll put in a 'courtesy bid' just to let them know I'm there. But I won't make another bid until the last few seconds, if the price hasn't gone crazy.

Scrounger
11-30-2008, 06:54 PM
I'll put in a 'courtesy bid' just to let them know I'm there. But I won't make another bid until the last few seconds, if the price hasn't gone crazy.

Can you explain what a "courtesy bid" is? As someone explained earlier, all that does is encourage someone to top it.

PatMarlin
11-30-2008, 08:51 PM
Personally, I don't get the snipe thing.

The max bid is going to be where everyone stops bidding regardless of the number. All it's doing is beating the clock.

If you want an item real bad- put in your highest possible bid at the last few minutes. Either the bidders are going to stop or they won't. How does paying for a snipe company feature at the last second change anything?

Scrounger
11-30-2008, 10:24 PM
Because you can't always be there in the last 30 seconds, because sometimes your computer, the internet or the auction site slows down or disconnects. Esnipe WILL remember to drop that bid in for me with 6 seconds to go, sometimes I forget. And as far as just bidding your max and letting it ride, there are people out there who will want to beat you so much, they'll just keep bidding until they pass you. Now let's say there is something you want up for bid and you are willing to go as high as a $100 for it. Simply bid it and "the other guy" will keep bidding till he gets it up to $101. You lost or you have to raise your bid. Now let's say you tell Esnipe to bid $100 for you 6 seconds before the auction closes. "The other guy" bids $50 or $75 and thinks he's winning. Then, "Boom", 6 seconds before end of auction, Esnipe slaps your bid down for $1 more than his, up to the $100 maximum you instructed. "The other guy" now has 5 seconds or less to jump your bid. Even if he's watching it, he probably doesn't have time to raise you. And that's why sniper programs are worth the money.

PatMarlin
11-30-2008, 10:40 PM
OK- I see now. Thanks Art ...:drinks:

montana_charlie
12-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Charlie, in an ideal world I agree.

I frequently have to bid my max hours before the auction ends.
"A man's got to know his limitations."
(Dirty Harry)

EDK
12-02-2008, 03:38 AM
I prefer to buy from guys on the forum here...if I can. I got an excellent 4 cavity LYMAN 429215 from Calamity Jake (Thank you for a good deal) and others from Rich Bug and several people that I can't remember names for. I screwed up and didn't get others that I should have, but ran out of money. Likewise, I've sold a few...and will have some others to list later.

Ebay isn't my first choice, but there are usually a selection. I'll discipline myself and bid what it is worth to me, bidding as late as I can...working rotating shift is a necessary evil. (I also get $1 an hour more for working alternating days and evenings, paid on both shifts; part of the $80 minus taxes every two weeks is my playing money for guns and components. It adds up.)

It looks like I need to sign up for esnipe.

:cbpour::redneck::Fire:

IcerUSA
12-02-2008, 01:34 PM
I also have bought moulds on site here but sometimes there isn't anything of need when you want a mould so I do look else where .

But reading all the sellers info for the autions on eBay it seems they are going to only allow PayPal in the near future , some still allow MO's or such but I have had to leave a message to the seller to get an addy to send funds too as eBay didn't have the option on the checkout page.

Keith

Suo Gan
12-03-2008, 05:53 PM
This is NOT due to "shadow accounts". When bidding you get an option to place a maximum bid. And ebay will outbid other bidders up until your max bid has been out bid. I use this feature all the time. It helps you keep from being out bid at the last second by some other guy that is trying to pull a fast one.

Just read what I said and maybe it will be clearer for you my friend. Can I ask how in heck something that has not been bid on by any other man or beast, can immediately be upbid right after you bid on the item...for the first time, when noone else has bid on it, before anyone else, numero uno bidder...The sucker who has his item listed for $2.50 does not want to sell it for that, and they place a phony bid via a shadow account held by themselves, I can't blame them, but why place a no reserve on it anyway?
:-D That was my unpointed point.

BTW, I posted this with no ill will to you my brother. So please don't PM me with a tone er down comment********you know who you are you little dogooder*********

Scrounger
12-03-2008, 07:03 PM
It could have been a shadow bid or it could have been someone like yourself who just at that time decided to bid. After all, there are millions of people who go in there every day. And what can we do about shadow bids anyway, assuming there are such things. Our rebellion is limited to non participation.