PDA

View Full Version : 10 ga double slug gun - moulds?

trk
11-26-2008, 09:49 AM
FINALLY - I got back my Churchill Windsor I from the 'smith. He made two beautiful matched cylinder bore chokes.

Now I'm in the process of making my mind up on what to shoot. 12ga slugs (Lyman) are a few thousanths too large to fit into the shot cup. Pumkin ball is maybe 15 thou over for the same. (By weight I could get two of them in there.)

So it's time to make a mould.

Suggestions?

Mohillbilly
11-29-2008, 12:52 AM
My mag 10 ithica likes those fed 1&1/2 ounce slug loads.Might be a good start'n place.I'd be intrested in some such mould myself......

missionary5155
11-29-2008, 03:56 AM
Good morning TRK
If your range for lobbing those artillery rounds is going to be under 40 yards just go RB. Been doing it almost 20 years now. Down in the SHOTGUN section are numerous RB threads. Longbow has alot of experience shooting BORE Size projectiles. Dixie Slugs has the Cast Boolit experience. Me I shoot mine in regular shot sleeves.
So scroll down to Shotgun Casting and there are at least 4 Round Ball and Slug Threads to fill a mornings reading.
But just to roll you along... consider the thousands of 4 ton critters that Round Balls dropped in Africa with only black powder behind them.

trk
11-29-2008, 10:16 AM
THANKS for the responses!
Now for researching and trying.
I'll post pix when I get the mould done.
Starting light is cool.
I have a pumking ball mould for 12 ga, but that's just a little too big for the shot cup in the 10.
Been thinking of swaging it slightly, but I don't think that would do anything good for accuracy.