PDA

View Full Version : Stimulus check/direct deposit???

BigboreShooter
04-17-2020, 05:50 PM
Most of my friends and relatives with direct deposit received their money this week. We haven't. Are we only ones that haven't??? Just wondering!!

BigboreShooter

Tripplebeards
04-17-2020, 05:58 PM
I haven’t, my parents haven’t, my buddy and his family has not either. The first letter of all our last names are on the tail end of the alphabet and I’m guessing they are going in alphabetical order?

gwpercle
04-17-2020, 05:59 PM
My daughter received her stimulus check and unemployment check Wednesday on april 15 th. through direct deposit
Wife and I , who file jointly haven't received ours yet ...but I'm not worried ...I got faith in our President . We did receive a Federal Tax refund check on Tuesday the 14th
Don't Panic just yet ....it's comming .
Gary

swamp
04-17-2020, 07:48 PM
They why I understand the IRS web site, is that you should receive it on your regular payment date. I will find out Wed.
swamp

DougGuy
04-17-2020, 08:47 PM
Me or the gf didn't get ours either. Using the irs tool to check to see where it is, the tool reports "Payment status unavailable." Reasons might be that we are ineligible, nope, checked that, US citizen, I filed 1040ez in 2018, and we both get SSI checks direct deposit every month so they have the necessary information. Owe back tax or penalties? Still get the stimulus check. Only thing that would hold it up is back child support. My first ex died years ago so I don't owe none of that.

Use the tool here: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

xs11jack
04-17-2020, 08:58 PM
My Wife called around and found out that in our area the people getting checks that are coming to them in last name alphabetical order. With the last name starting with S I might have a wait coming.
Ole Jack

rancher1913
04-17-2020, 09:06 PM
remember if you made over a certain amount last year you are not eligible for the stimulus.

dragon813gt
04-17-2020, 09:38 PM
remember if you made over a certain amount last year you are not eligible for the stimulus.

Really? I should not have received any money besides the $500 for each child. I was well beyond the threshold for the cutoff. So were some of my friends. We all received the full amount for some reason. I’m not going to spend the money as I expect them to find out about the screwup in the future.

SciFiJim
04-17-2020, 09:45 PM
My wife and I got ours two days ago. She called the kids and they received their's as well. They are being distributed alphabetically. Our last name begins with "E", so it seems we got our's on the first go round. Our dog was injured on the same day, a big chunk went to vet bills.

dverna
04-17-2020, 09:48 PM
Nothing here yet. But not needed either.

375supermag
04-17-2020, 11:21 PM
Hi ...

My wife and I haven't received our stimulus deposits yet.
Not worried... don't need it.
It will get here eventually I suppose.

dakotashooter2
04-18-2020, 09:22 AM
The Gubmnt doesn't have my bank account number. I prefer it that way.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6920 using Tapatalk

rancher1913
04-18-2020, 10:25 AM
Really? I should not have received any money besides the $500 for each child. I was well beyond the threshold for the cutoff. So were some of my friends. We all received the full amount for some reason. I’m not going to spend the money as I expect them to find out about the screwup in the future.

probably a good plan to not spend it, just like a bank mistake, they could decide to take it back at some point down the road if you are over the stated threshold.

LUCKYDAWG13
04-18-2020, 10:28 AM
Wife got ours so did our kids 2 days ago

last name starts with G

Hossfly
04-18-2020, 10:38 AM
Wife and I got ours, our last name starts with Williams so they must be either random or starting at the back.

MUSTANG
04-18-2020, 10:57 AM
The Gubmnt doesn't have my bank account number. I prefer it that way.

Don't bet on it. I tried to get a "Status" on my FREEEEE MONEY from the IRS over the last week. Kept getting a message that they did not have sufficient Info to give me a status. They asked for SSN, Full Name, and Street address as filed on your 2018 or 2019 Tax return. Despite double checking both my 2018 & 2019 returns; when I typed into their fields exactly as entered on the 1040 - I got the error message. So I went to an IRS site to "Register" and account with the IRS.

WOW - my head popped with what I discovered filling in the form. I on purpose typed in incorrect information in multiple fields; and would get a notice to the effect "This SSN, Address, etc.. is not registered to Mustang". Tried two different addresses (Moapa and Kalispell) and they "Accepted/Acknowledged" these were MINE. Even worse; you were required to provide the LAST 8 Digits of a Credit Card. You guessed it; enter an incorrect number and it tells you it's not yours. I entered a Credit Card we keep but have not used in FIVE YEARS, and the IRS System acknowledged, Yep - It's You MUSTANG. Had to list a Cell Phone for "Authentication", listed wrong # and it told me "Not You Mustang"; listed the Wife Cell Phone and it said "Yep It's You Mustang".

BIG BROTHER IS HERE in the form of the IRS and ......?

If the IRS is able to distinguish all this information - Why can the US Government not detect, identify, arrest, and prosecute all of these RoboCallers and Internet Phishing people who are scamming and ripping off the USofA Citizens?

By the way, Freee Money hit our account this morning (Saturday) but is not available until next Friday.

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-18-2020, 12:09 PM
No free money yet :(
But I didn't provide Bank info on my 2018 or 2019 tax returns.
I can't seem to get through on the IRS website, to give them Bank info.
My 2019 return was e-filed a week ago, and their FAQ page indicates that may be the problem.
I also read somewhere else, that people who e-filed with H&R Block online or TurboTax online have the same issues...yep I used TurboTax online.

with that said, my Mom hasn't received her's yet either (last name starts with B, same as me).
The IRS has her bank info on both years tax returns, and she e-filed through AARP.

dragon813gt
04-18-2020, 01:14 PM
I’ve used TurboTax for as long as I can remember. I know most of my friends use it as well. No issues w/ direct deposit into our accounts.

Idz
04-18-2020, 01:22 PM
Just curious. With most of our New Mexico businesses closed by edict of our little tyrant governor about the only thing you can spend a stimulus check on is Amazon. Do they really need more businesses right now?

marlin39a
04-18-2020, 01:24 PM
I last got a refund on 2018 taxes, direct deposit. No refund for 2019. I get Social security direct deposits. I went to the IRS site and checked my status this morning. They are mailing my 1200.00 on the 24th.

WILCO
04-18-2020, 01:34 PM
I haven't even bothered to look yet.

FLINTNFIRE
04-18-2020, 01:37 PM
I laugh when folks do not think irs has bank information , sorry your bank and credit cards and all is information they have access to and or is reported to them by the institution , those computers the feds have are a lot bigger and faster then ours and they have been compiling all data for a long time , stimulus money , like I need another gun or components , well maybe, never enough, as I say they have airlift and trucks to resupply , we have to make or buy ours

Idz
04-18-2020, 01:48 PM
An interesting story about big data. The Chinese government required their students at US colleges to submit a spy report to Chinese intelligence every month. Being college kids they could care less so many of them just copied articles from the local newspapers and sent them in. The result was warehouses full of useless data in english. Chinese intelligence didn't have enough fluent english speakers to process the reports so they just piled up and up and up. The US agencies have also discovered gathering mountains of data makes it much harder to find relevant bits.

dragon813gt
04-18-2020, 02:00 PM
That’s what AI is for. Train it do the bulk of the work. Then have select people review the results. AI algorithms in general are a threat that no one wants to address.

scattershot
04-18-2020, 02:11 PM
Finally got on the IRS website and found out I’m a real person. My deposit s supposed to drop on the 22nd.

facetious
04-18-2020, 03:17 PM
We got ours last week along with the wifes SS and our Fed. tax refund. Got a letter saying that my appliction for retirement benifits was approved and a check for four months back pay came today. Man I wish every month was like that.

jonp
04-18-2020, 08:58 PM
Wife and I got ours few days ago. She files under her last name starts with "u".

MrWolf
04-19-2020, 07:53 AM
Not sure last name impacts stimulus checks. Pretty sure it does on SS. I received my stimulus on 4/15 and my last name starts with a "Y".

trebor44
04-19-2020, 08:30 AM
Latest bit of news on the Stimulus monies was that the IRS sent them to the wrong accounts. The account number was off by one.

Hickory
04-19-2020, 08:37 AM
Most of my friends and relatives with direct deposit received their money this week. We haven't. Are we only ones that haven't??? Just wondering!!

BigboreShooter

When lemming rush head long into the sea, the ones in the back do not go off the edge the same time as the ones in front.
If you are eligible for the check, you should get it.

Parson
04-19-2020, 08:42 AM
I haven't even bothered to look yet.

Amen, join the club

Idaho45guy
04-19-2020, 10:28 AM
Girlfriend got hers on the 13th. Last name starts with an "M". I got mine on the 15th. Last name starts with a "T".

Mine is going right back to the government in the form of property tax payment on Monday.

alamogunr
04-19-2020, 11:01 AM
My Wife called around and found out that in our area the people getting checks that are coming to them in last name alphabetical order. With the last name starting with S I might have a wait coming.
Ole Jack

Ours was deposited in the bank account middle of last week. Our name begins with S also but we are in Tennessee. Usually, that means we come in last in anything based on alphabetical order.

Dapaki
04-19-2020, 11:14 AM
We have not gotten anything either but since we pay in every year, there is no direct deposit account to send it to and we moved last year so even the address has changed. I would expect the check sometime in June?

jimlj
04-19-2020, 02:11 PM
Amen, join the club

Yup.

I have to wonder what strings are attached to the "free" money.

Hickory
04-20-2020, 06:56 AM
The only thing my money will be attached to is a new Kimber.

bangerjim
04-20-2020, 12:51 PM
Yup.

The money is to cover lost wages and income. You are supposed to spend it and get it back into the economy. Not save it. We got our full payment last week and it is still in the bank! With most of the stores I shop at closed, there is really no where to spend it. We are supposedly opening up 'round here a lot more shortly. But the money is supposed to be targeting people that live hand to mouth, as many bar and restaurant and small business employees do.

And if you one of the ones that got the money and really don't deserve it (by the numbers), the IRS will take it back in your upcoming taxes!!!!! The know everything about you and your finances, even if you foolishly think they do not.

Let's just hope we get back to some reasonable order this summer!

hanleyfan
04-21-2020, 05:42 PM
My wife has been watching the checking account like a hawk, the minute it got deposited she was there withdrawing it and it was gone and spent the same day. she said we had bills that needed paid and she wanted to make sure I did not spend it on guns and other stuff I like.

shooterg
04-21-2020, 10:41 PM
Last name starts with "V" , money banked on 15th.

dakotashooter2
04-22-2020, 12:06 AM
There will be payback. It will come in the form of taxes when the Dems get back in control. I don't need it so why spend it? Though, maybe I'll buy a new rake.

45-70 Chevroner
04-24-2020, 03:57 PM
We have not received ours yet and our last name starts with B. We make way less than necessary to receive the stimulus.

MrWolf
04-24-2020, 05:01 PM
My Father on SS hasn't received his yet either. There is supposedly another wave of direct deposits soon. Good luck

abunaitoo
04-27-2020, 03:27 AM
Two people here have gotten it.
One is a fellow shooter. Guy Retired. Lives alone. Last name starts with "M"
Other is the Mother of a fellow shooter. Very old. lives with family. Last name starts with "B"
No rhyme or reason as to why they got it before anyone else.
Both NOT damacrats.
gooberment works in strange ways.

Idaho45guy
04-27-2020, 03:59 AM
I got mine, then my work announced they were giving all of us a $1500 bonus, in addition to a $1 an hour raise. Looking at a used pickup tomorrow, hopefully.

lightman
04-27-2020, 10:51 AM
I got mine, then my work announced they were giving all of us a $1500 bonus, in addition to a $1 an hour raise. Looking at a used pickup tomorrow, hopefully.

Congratulations on the raise and bonus!

Prcshooter
04-27-2020, 11:27 AM
We received ours pretty quickly, the in laws still haven't received theirs.

Idaho45guy
04-27-2020, 06:58 PM
Congratulations on the raise and bonus!

Thanks... I feel guilty getting a raise and bonus when so many other good folks are getting laid off and are struggling.

marlin39a
04-28-2020, 01:45 PM
I got mine in the mail today. I did a mobile deposit using my iPhone. Funds were available immediately.

woodbutcher
04-28-2020, 11:56 PM
[smilie=s: As of this AM mine has not shown up.I`m set up on direct deposit for SS retirement.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

dangitgriff
04-29-2020, 06:52 AM
Got ours on the 15th. Into the bank it went, to fatten up the mortgage payoff account.
How can anyone feel guilty about getting some of their earned wages back? It’s not like we aren’t forced to give it up in the first place.
By the way, most of the 6 trillion dollars created out of thin air by the Federal Reserve Bank and the U.S. government went straight to the Wall Street financial sector and the central bankers. The per-capita breakdown is about $70,000. We got $1200.
R/Griff

cabezaverde
04-29-2020, 10:51 AM
We are sticking the bill for this on our kids and grandkids.

abunaitoo
05-02-2020, 04:44 AM
Surprise today.
I got one.
Gooberment must have made a mistake sending one to me.
Will deposit next week and send out some donations.

MrWolf
05-02-2020, 09:55 AM
My girlfriend is still waiting on hers. They said direct deposit will be on May 6th.

abunaitoo
05-02-2020, 08:05 PM
My friends co-workers father got one.
He passed away two years ago.
I wonder how many have been sent out to those who have passed.
How many have been cashed????

375supermag
05-03-2020, 11:13 AM
Hi...
My wife and I got our stimulus checks about s week and a half ago via direct deposit.
I am retired and my wife is still working.
My son received his 2-3 weeks ago, he is still working and his company is going to start giving out bonuses for perfect attendance and a $2 an hour temporary wage increase for two months starting tomorrow.

I still don't need the stimulus payment and have no plans to spend any of it at the present time.

Tripplebeards
05-03-2020, 11:28 AM
My parents and my buddy both received their money last week. I found out my new tax person never had to forward my direct deposit info last year because I had to pay in. I went directly on IRS website and put in my personal information which made me cringe but my tax person told me it was OK. I also had to put my direct deposit number in. I did this a few days ago so I’m sure mine will be coming as it said I qualified like everybody else in America for the stimulus payout.

Pressman
05-03-2020, 12:15 PM
State property tax refund and Federal bonus check have never came. Still waiting.

BigboreShooter
05-03-2020, 05:17 PM
Still waiting and wondering about ours!

BigboreShooter

Gobeyond
05-04-2020, 03:55 AM
So nice to have it I bought an antique gun. What else?

frkelly74
05-06-2020, 12:23 PM
Well, we got ours in the mailbox and took it directly to the bank to deposit in savings. That is probably not what they want you to do with it, stimulus it is afterall, but it suited us.

jdfoxinc
05-06-2020, 05:00 PM
We've been stimulated!

$2,400.00 that my GGgrand children will be paying interest on.

woodbutcher
05-06-2020, 10:00 PM
:( As of this AM.Not yet.
Leo

lightman
05-07-2020, 05:59 AM
Thanks... I feel guilty getting a raise and bonus when so many other good folks are getting laid off and are struggling.

Don't feel guilty. No doubt you earned it.

trebor44
05-07-2020, 09:16 AM
The 'meat shortage' is a good distraction to keep the news of the Three Trillion loan on the down low while we salivate for the 'dollars'. What percentage of Three Trillion is twelve hundred? Is Red the new Black?

BrassMagnet
05-30-2020, 01:19 PM
Still waiting.

Markopolo
05-30-2020, 01:38 PM
mee too!!!

Shawlerbrook
05-30-2020, 01:48 PM
Been seeing reports of people getting the Visa debit cards they are now sending out instead of checks and the people tossing them, figuring it was junk mail. I guess the return address was Omaha, NE.

Minerat
05-30-2020, 04:10 PM
We got our visa card this week, have not filed taxes yet.

cabezaverde
05-30-2020, 04:34 PM
You know we are hanging all this on our kids and grandkids, right?

fatelk
05-30-2020, 04:38 PM
With four kids and one income, we got a chunk of change. It went straight into savings. We’re not spending a penny until we see some stability in the economy, and I still have a job in six months.

fatelk
05-30-2020, 04:40 PM
Actually I take that back. Most of it will come in right handy for paying medical bills. Whatever is left over we’ll save.

ioon44
05-30-2020, 05:12 PM
We received a paper check last week.

Gewehr-Guy
05-30-2020, 05:43 PM
Got a debit card last week. Going to try to get it transferred into my checking account, not sure if they can do that in one transaction without card fees.

Two of my kids have not received theirs yet, although one, a college student, recieved a CARES ACT check, some kind of grant given to students who had to leave the campus when they shut down.

avogunner
05-30-2020, 06:02 PM

Yes..... and it makes me sick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minerat
05-30-2020, 06:18 PM

You bet. I paid about 10 times the amount they gave us each year for the last 30 years. I know some who haven't paid a nickel in the last 10 years that got it, want a bet they won't take it. I helped pay back the debt from the WWII and, Korea, and Vietnam, so nope I have no guilt in taking it and frivolously pissing it away if I want.

BigboreShooter
05-30-2020, 06:57 PM
Finally found out why are's been held up. Shortly after filing my income taxes, I realized I made a mistake! Shortly after that I filed an amended return. Are stimulus money is being held up till that is processed!!!!

BigBoreShooter

BrassMagnet
05-30-2020, 08:20 PM
I filed my taxes on a paper 1040 in late March. I still have no news on my tax refund. I suspect there are no IRS folks working on our tax filings until after COVID is over. I wonder if that will make me ineligible. Oh, well.

Pressman
05-30-2020, 09:17 PM
I received my Wuhan welfare check on the 14th, yesterday I got a letter from the State telling me it was being mailed and I should see it soon.

woodbutcher
05-30-2020, 10:06 PM
:grin: Got mine Thursday.Paid bills off.Broke but happy.Cut almost $200.00 bucks off the outgo each month.
Leo

aap2
06-01-2020, 06:53 PM
We just got our 2400 Visa card yesterday and I almost threw it out as junk mail. Instructions suggest keeping the card and keeping it “open” since any future stimulus money will be sent to this card. These checks/cards were supposed to be sent to the lower income families/individuals first and higher income folks got theirs last. We just made it under the income limit so I guess that’s why we got ours so late.

Idz
06-01-2020, 07:07 PM
If you haven't gotten a check I suggest you go to the IRS website. I went there and they said they couldn't send out a check because they didn't know our address. We've filed every year from the same address for 30 years. Gives one real faith in the government.

cabezaverde
06-01-2020, 07:44 PM
Yes..... and it makes me sick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the few in this thread.

Dapaki
06-01-2020, 08:41 PM
Spent it on wife's She Shed. 263047

Idaho45guy
06-02-2020, 07:30 AM

Maybe. I'm pretty sure it will come out of next year's tax return. I usually get between $1200 and $1800 back due to being single and making just under $50k a year.

I suspect next year, I will get little to no tax return, and those that have to typically pay in, will have to pay more.

For me, I used the money to pay property taxes. Others have used it to put food on the table. Most I know bought more guns/ammunition. I agree that it was overall a dumb move, but it is what it is. The way things are going, debt is the least of the worries for our kids/grandkids.

PNW_Steve
06-02-2020, 08:49 AM
We finally found ours yesterday.

Two years ago we received our refund via prepaid Visa. We were told that it had been canceled (2 years of no use) and the direct deposit would be refused and we would be mailed a check.

They were wrong. It was put on a debit card that we don't have. And..... They charge $4.95 a month for the privilege. We will have paid $9.90 in fees before we even get a replacement card.

Not a lot of money but it irritates me anyway.

Wisest.fool
06-02-2020, 09:37 AM
They sent mine to the bank account which i filed taxes for in 2018. Didnt account for the latest child due to this but im not gonna complain.

BrassMagnet
06-11-2020, 11:29 AM
The IRS website shows they haven't processed my mailed in form 1040. Mailed in March.
There is a notice on the website that they are closed (tax advocates!) to protect their employees during this crisis.

No tax refund. No Trump bucks. No one to answer questions. I had to pay postage to mail the form 1040 so at least I have proof I actually filed. I don't have any way to find out if they actually received it.

I recently received a US Bank ReliaCard Debit card in the mail. I wonder if this is related to Trump bucks or not. Anyone know? The ReliaCard is supposed to be for Gov't payments. I have not filed for unemployment or social security. I can't think of why else I would get it.

Pressman
06-11-2020, 02:21 PM
My Wuhan Welfare check arrived on May 15th. I quickly put it in the bank to cover the State income tax, I broke even.
Like Idaho 45 says, next year could be a tax disaster.

Idaho45guy
06-11-2020, 10:07 PM
I recently received a US Bank ReliaCard Debit card in the mail. I wonder if this is related to Trump bucks or not. Anyone know? The ReliaCard is supposed to be for Gov't payments. I have not filed for unemployment or social security. I can't think of why else I would get it.

That's your stimulus payment. It's been all over the news for over a month that the government is sending those out to those that they don't have updated direct deposit info for.

BrassMagnet
07-09-2020, 10:31 AM
The IRS website shows they haven't processed my mailed in form 1040. Mailed in March.
There is a notice on the website that they are closed (tax advocates!) to protect their employees during this crisis.

No tax refund. No Trump bucks. No one to answer questions. I had to pay postage to mail the form 1040 so at least I have proof I actually filed. I don't have any way to find out if they actually received it.

ReliaCard was due to someone filling a fraudulent claim for unemployment in my name. Luckily, I contacted ReliaCard to find out why they issued it to me.

Yesterday I received notification my Federal refund from my 1040 would be deposited tomorrow. WooHoo!!!

Still no status on stimulus money (Trump Bucks!). Maybe soon now.

fastdadio
07-09-2020, 06:57 PM
I e-filed my fed taxes in March. Have yet to receive my refund. Over 4 months ago. Their web site is useless and they don't answer the phone, I'm not alone on this one. I know several people with the same complaint.

BrassMagnet
07-26-2020, 09:38 AM
Still no activity here. Anybody recently get theirs after filing a paper 1040 in March or later?
I filed a paper 1040 in late March and finally received my refund in mid July. No Trump Bucks yet. I am eligible now, but in 2018 I would not have been.

Markopolo
07-26-2020, 10:07 AM
dont feel bad BM.... i got a letter saying we will be receiving the card, but nothing....

BrassMagnet
09-10-2020, 03:29 PM
Economic Impact Payment info has now been updated!

It sucks.
Now the IRS website says if they determined you were ineligible based on your 2018 return, filing your 2019 return will not change that. Instead, when you file your 2020 return in 2021 you can claim it then if you maintain eligibility until then. What a joke! Inflation will destroy much of its value by then.

Here are Answers 7 and 8 which show that. Their site won't let me copy the Questions. These answers were updated Aug 10, 2020.

A7. Yes, the IRS will continue to process 2019 tax returns and issue payments to individuals who have not already received a payment and have not already been determined to be ineligible based on their 2018 tax returns.

If these individuals are determined to be eligible based on their 2019 tax returns, their payments will be issued shortly thereafter. The status will be reflected in the Get My Payment application.

These individuals will receive information regarding the payments through Notice 1444, Your Economic Impact Payment, within a few weeks after the payments are made. This notice will be mailed to each recipient’s last known address and should be kept with their records.

When filing their 2020 tax returns in 2021, these individuals can refer to Notice 1444 and claim additional amounts based on the 2020 tax returns if they are eligible.

A8. No. If the IRS has determined that a taxpayer was not eligible for a payment based on the taxpayer’s 2018 tax return, and then the taxpayer files a 2019 tax return that shows eligibility, the IRS will not issue a payment in 2020 based on the 2019 tax return. These taxpayers can claim amounts based on their 2020 tax returns in 2021 if they remain eligible for 2020.