PDA

View Full Version : Personal Economic Stimulus endeavors.

FN in MT
11-21-2008, 08:02 PM
In these hard times (this past week) I decided on a one man stimulus package to get the economy moving.

Ordered three sets of dies and a top punch for my new STAR from Chris AKA Lathesmith.

Ordered a box of bullet lube from White Label,which showed up in a just a few days.

Ordered a couple of pairs of mould handles from KAL all the way up in Manitoba. Figured our Canadian Brothers needed some help too Eh??

Found a mint, unfired pre 1968 Walther PPK/S in box,with spare mag, manual etc on another Forum for a mere $400 so bought that too. (HAVE been looking for another PPK for three years now...so hardly an impulse buy)

During the past two or three months my investments/life savings have gone down roughly 35% and still continue to drop. So I figure ; I'm going broke. May as well buy a few toys on the way DOWN.

Now where did I put that Kreighoff and Perazzi catalog....I could use a new Skeet gun....

FN in MT:mrgreen:

DragoonDrake
11-21-2008, 11:59 PM
Go Kolar. It is a better shotgun.

Adam

P.S. I have two, I love them.

FN in MT
11-22-2008, 12:28 AM
I shoot skeet and SC's with a K-80, 30" gun w/Kolar subgauge tubes. Fits me well and I'm happy with it.

Trap which is my favorite I've got a Ceaar Guerini combo set...really like it. And still have an older Ljutic mono gun as well as a back up/spare.

HAVE looked at Kolars but have always been distracted to something else.

FN in MT

EDK
11-22-2008, 03:49 AM
I have done relatively well with the 401K...only down about 15%! I borrowed from it and paid off my car...I know I'll get 6% on that portion...and I got the money out before it was lost in the financial crisises (sp?)

My personal stimulus program is a MARLIN 336 RC (straight grip stock) to be converted to a 336 Cowboy...call the MARLIN factory and made sure they would do it Thursday. Finding a 30/30 Cowboy is d--- near impossible.

The S&W 624 I bought in August was a good deal...saw one for sale on another web site for $275 more than I paid for mine! :-D

Like most people here, I have been stocking up on powder and primers. The supply of Winchester Large Pistol has loosened up...available for $26.49/1000 in the local shop for large or small sizes.

There will be bargains showing up for the forseeable future. I don't want to take advantage of someone else's bad luck, but there will be some deals on guns and accessories of all types. Several brass framed Old Model Rugers and other rare items have shown up and prices are a lot less than they were last year.

It may be a rough ride, but we'll get through it. Mr. Obama will be too busy with the financial problems to do too much Chicago style gun control and social engineering for awhile... Although his prospective appointees sure look familiar and unwelcome.

:cbpour::redneck::Fire:

Calamity Jake
11-22-2008, 08:37 PM
"Personal Economic Stimulus endeavors. "

I help them out a little today to, at a small gun show that had more junk than guns, I had to talk to myself real hard just to go in, glad I did, I picked up a Ruger NMBH 4.5 inch 41 Mag, been wanting one for years, $325 out the door, no ATF form eather.

FN in MT
11-23-2008, 12:33 AM
Oh Jake a short barreled Ruger forty one!!! One of my ALL TIME favorites. NICE SNAG!!

FN in MT