PDA

View Full Version : I need some help

Boerrancher
11-20-2008, 10:41 AM
I need some help finding a part. It would seem that while going to and from my deer stand I lost the screw for the magazine tube/barrel band on my 94 Win. Yesterday evening I went to the local gun shop/parts scrounger. The shop owner only had one of those screws and it was sold earlier that day to a fellow who had the same thing happen. I guess horses don't have all of the weird vibrations that 4 wheelers have, and that is why the cowboys never had any problems loosing parts off of their rifles.

Anyhow if any one has a spare Win 94 barrel band/mag tube screw they want to sell please PM me or email me. I will gladly buy it and pay for postage. This minor break down has forced me to go back to hunting with my custom built 243 win, and condom bullets, "yuck." So please every one look through your junk and see if you have an extra screw you can part with so I can go back to hunting with cast boolits. I am starting to suffer from cast boolit with drawl.

Best wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe

NSP64
11-20-2008, 12:10 PM
anyway to post the dimensions?

Jon K
11-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Is this the barrel band screw, or the magscrew?
How long and diameter?
Early or Miroku?

Jon

Ricochet
11-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Tried places like Brownells' and Egunparts?

woody1
11-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Joe, are you talking about the front or rear band screw? The rear being the one that goes around the forearm. Regards, Woody
http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=0950z94%20PRE%2064
They say they have 'em.

waksupi
11-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Joe, call Brownell's tech line. They can set you up, I'll bet. And since they are close to you, it should be there in a couple days.

SharpsShooter
11-20-2008, 08:47 PM
. This minor break down has forced me to go back to hunting with my custom built 243 win, and condom bullets, "yuck."

Joe

Your Mod 94 is now a single shot. Thats no problem. Remove non essential parts and carry on.

SS

runfiverun
11-20-2008, 09:42 PM
if it is a common size the hardware store could get you bye for a couple of days.

timkelley
11-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Winchester Repeating Arms Parts Telephone number is;800-322-4626 x863.
Pt# U344912390 is the front band screw
Pt# U344911760 is the front band screw with a cone shaped head
Pt# U344910040 is the rear band screw
These part numbers are for a Mod 94AE but they are most likely the same.
Were it me, I'd double check the items and numbers with the operator nobody should trust a retired NCO named noclue.

Boerrancher
11-21-2008, 09:15 PM
First of all, Thank you all for your help. The best I could do is from Gun parts Corp, and I had to order the barrel band and screw. Now I hope I just don't have to wait for months on end for the parts to get here like it did the last time I ordered from them.

To resolve my cast boolit with drawls I started hunting with my Mod 66 Win. It shoots real well out to 100 yds, and where I am hunting that is about as far as I can see. I just hate lugging that heavy brass rifle around in the woods. I could use my 92 but it doesn't shoot as good as the 66, so I will put up with the weight.

Best Wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe

Boerrancher
11-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Well as my above post stated I placed the order with gun parts for the barrel band/screw kit on Friday. I was expecting at least a week or so wait. I went to the mail box yesterday(Monday) afternoon and my parts were there. That is the good news.

Here is the bad. I don't ever want to have to buy after market parts again. It took me nearly 3 hours of fitting to get the barrel bands and screws to work. I was originally going to try to just use the screw and not change the barrel bands, no luck different threads. I finally got them both changed and now my 94 is ready to go.

This deer season has not been good to me and my rifles. From screws falling out of my 94, to my 66 going off in my face, it has been rough. I am glad Muzzle Loading season is getting ready to start. I am just hoping that my luck with rifles changes. I would hate for something to happen to my CVA in-line my father gave me.

Joe

dominicfortune00
11-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Joe

Put some blue 242 loctite on the threads of that screw before installation to prevent a repeat of the loss of the original screw.

It really helps if both parts are clean and dirt free.