PDA

View Full Version : Score on lead

DLCTEX
11-20-2008, 02:48 AM
Blackrifleshooter called me today to ask if I wanted some lead shielding from a remodeling job on an Xray room they were doing, probably 40 lbs. Well, yeah! He called back later to say, "make that about 100 lbs, the stuff is heavy"! It will be here Christmas. It pays to have contacts all the way to Florida. He'll be getting some of it back in boolit form, of course. DALE

Tom Herman
11-20-2008, 09:41 AM
I lucked out, too: A buddy knew I am collecting, so he set aside a small mountain of battery straps for me. It's between 60-100 pounds. Every bit helps!
Another buddy is an X-Ray repair tech. No luck yet getting any lead, but he has his eyes open for it.

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

11-20-2008, 09:45 AM
ha leave our florida lead alone. we reload here also. lol

Railbuggy
11-20-2008, 11:10 AM
I took some cans to a scraper the other day and he said he would sell 50lbs or less at .25 a lb. I get WW mostly from a used tire dealer for about $20 for a full 5gal bucket.

Lloyd Smale
11-20-2008, 05:24 PM
we just got a new hospital too and i scored about 500 lbs of xray lead. Its still sandwiched in doors and panels and will remain that way for a while as ive got about 500 more lbs of pure and i dont use alot of it. hate to part with it though as ive got a feeling in a couple years there will be no lead to be found anywhere.

BlackRifleShooter
11-20-2008, 05:32 PM
We only demoed a small are of the X-ray room. After I saw all the lead was in sheets and not intregal to the drywall, I tried to talk them into tearing out more of the walls, but no dice!

I got a score of my own today, small but nice, I found 60 rounds of Q3131 (Winchester 5.56x45) for 3.27 per 20. In a small mom and pop hardware store tucked out of the way on an island. Head stamp says 94, boxes looked like they had been setting there since 94. The shelf was faded all around the boxes left a perfect outline of non shaded wood.