PDA

View Full Version : camo patterns

lunicy
11-17-2008, 02:17 PM
I want to paint some gear camo. Is there anywhere you can find patterns online to print. I'd like to cut them out and make stencils. I googled and found nothing of use. You guys know of anywhere??

Kuato
11-17-2008, 02:26 PM
I've seen actual foliage used to great effect as stencils. best part is, its free.

klausg
11-17-2008, 02:54 PM
lunicy-
I usually go to the floral section of my local Wally-World and buy a fake fern and other foliage varieties and use them as stencils. They tend to hold up better than the real thing with the exception of pine/fir/spruce boughs. I haven't seen any stencils for free, though Cabela's, MPW and a few other places sell them. You'll usually find them in with the waterfowl hunting stuff.

-Klaus

FN in MT
11-17-2008, 06:01 PM
In the Military one uses two main patterns each covering 45%. Then two alternating colors of 5% each. I still may have the instructions for painting wheeled and tracked vehicles as well as aircraft.

A gun is so small that one may want to use an airbrush.

FN in MT

OeldeWolf
11-17-2008, 11:34 PM
FN, I have a truck to paint. Might just cross my mind to worry these Cali neighbors of mine. I would be interrested in those instructions if you find them.

FN in MT
11-18-2008, 12:38 AM
Wolf,

Let me see what I have left. I may just send You the manual and You can return it when done. It's really pretty easy. Properly spraying on the two 5% patterns makes or bnreaks how it comes out.

FN in MT

OeldeWolf
11-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Thank you, FN