PDA

View Full Version : Lee factory seconds,surplus,clearance,etc??

Jeffery8mm
11-14-2008, 05:14 PM
I saw a post here about where to by Lee products that were factory seconds, etc.
I see on the Lee site they have a "surplus" section but what I remember seeing was not on the Lee site.
Any ideas??
Jeff

Ricochet
11-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Only place I've ever known of was Lee's surplus page. I've bought several items there.

Bob Jones
11-14-2008, 09:58 PM
I looked at it the other day on the Lee site and there was maybe one fourth as much as there used to be for whatever reason, the pickings were pretty thin.

compass will
11-14-2008, 11:29 PM
I saw a post here about where to by Lee products that were factory seconds, etc.
I see on the Lee site they have a "surplus" section but what I remember seeing was not on the Lee site.
Any ideas??
Jeff

I know what your talking about. It's not a lee site, but someone else that sells Lee closeout stuff. Problem is the price was the same as "brand new" at places like midsouth, grafs, etc.
I never saved the link because I saw nothing special there.

Jeffery8mm
11-14-2008, 11:31 PM
You are right Will. I remember that It was not a Lee site but the prices were about the same as the new stuff.
Jeff

Ricochet
11-14-2008, 11:32 PM
I posted a link a while back to tenring.com, I think. I saw some discontinued Lee moulds for sale there, but not at a discount price. I did like their service!

Jumping Frog
11-15-2008, 12:17 AM
I saw a post here about where to by Lee products that were factory seconds, etc.. . .Any ideas??
www.factorysales.com

Scrounger
11-15-2008, 01:21 AM
www.factorysales.com (http://www.factorysales.com)

I would look at Midway's price first. Several times in the past I was looking at lee seconds and found Midway sells the item cheaper. Most manufacturers have contracts with their distributors that will not allow them to sell their goods, even seconds, for less than retail.

Goatlips
11-15-2008, 01:46 AM
+1 with Scrounger. I saw and snapped up a "factory seconds" turret press from Lee and was pleased as punch, until I saw Midway's price, which was less, for new. :confused: My own fault for being greedy, though; caveat emptor.

Goatlips

shotman
11-15-2008, 01:58 AM
I found the same thing . I called Lee and said I could buy new for what they listed. THEY told me that they did not have seconds and the stuff listed was a repair and the custmerr didnt pay for it They did say they would dicount 50% for someone just starting out. well duh we well see if the Lee bunch wants to jump in on this one rick

Jumping Frog
11-16-2008, 09:44 AM
I saw a post here about where to by Lee products that were factory seconds, etc.. . .Any ideas??
www.factorysales.com

I would look at Midway's price first.
I was simply answering the question asked. I agree that their prices aren't as good as several other mail order prices. However, I also find Midwayusa's prices are often higher than several other mail order places like wideners.com, kempfgunshop.com, and midsouthshooterssupply.com. They seem to especially hit harder on freight charges. Guess they have to pay for their "Wednesday Night on the Range" airtime on the Outdoor channel.

Steelbanger
11-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Lee has a closeout section on their site. They're down to only a few single cavity moulds but the other day I saw a 6 cavity 358-185 RN for $30 there at the bottom of the listings. Was this a returned group buy that was supposed to cast larger than .358?

Ben
11-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Steelbanger ;

I just went to their site. Yes, they have 24 of the 358180 RN molds.

Sounds like some molds that were " out of spec." to me. I'd be a candidate for one of them if I knew what the problem was with the molds that caused them to end up being discounted and placed in the " surplus section " of their web site ? ? Maybe I can call on Monday and find someone that can tell me more about the mold .

Thanks,

Ben

HeavyMetal
11-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Ben
I suggest you track down the guy who "honco'd" that group buy, if it was off this site, and get the skinny from him on what was wrong with those 358180 molds.

Odds are the people at Lee won't know there just surplusing them.

mooman76
11-16-2008, 11:40 AM
Lee always seems to get a few odd moulds like that, that is why I check that area out occasionally. I figure when they run a group buy they either make a few extra just in case or have a few that weren't quite to specs. It would be allot of trouble to have to go back to reset up for one mould that was out of spec.

DLCTEX
11-16-2008, 04:34 PM
If you are just needing a Lee mold and nothing else then Lee's retail price with their $4 shipping can be cheaper than Midway or Midsouth. As for factory crimp dies, case trimming components, or parts, I find it cheaper to buy straight from Lee. DALE