PDA

View Full Version : What BP lube holds on the best??

mikenbarb
11-14-2008, 10:21 AM
I currently use Bore Butter and its messy and dont hold on the boolits real good. Im wondering what other types of lubes are out there that would hold on the boolits better for using in my speedloaders because this is making a mess of them every time I use one and repack it. Im useing Lee R.E.A.L. and Maxi-Balls in .50 caliber in an inline Traditions. Im looking for something thats a little less runny with a harder composition that wont make a big mess every time I lube one up. Any suggestions would be appreciated and thanks in advance.
PS- I dont mind making my own lube if you have a good recipe and its what im looking for.

Bullshop
11-14-2008, 01:23 PM
NASA lube.

mikenbarb
11-14-2008, 07:12 PM
What is it made of and where do I get it from?

Bullshop
11-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Oh my goodness, where have you been? You get it right here and its made from space stuff. Go to the BPCR forum and do a search for NASA lube with space stuff.
All ML boolits that leave our shop carry NASA lube.
BIC/BS

jack19512
11-14-2008, 11:26 PM
I don't know if this is something that would interest you or not but I use LLA with my .50 cal muzzleloader and have had good success.

mikenbarb
11-15-2008, 11:02 AM
LOL, Yep I saw you sell it and will be in touch with you on Monday to order some from you. Thanks.

mikenbarb
11-29-2008, 10:12 PM
I got my NASA and speed Green lube in today and this stuff is awesome and handles better than all the others I have used to date and I have to thank Bullshop for turning me onto my new go to bullet lube. Thanks!:drinks: Im boiling one of my lubers as I type this and its going to be designated for Speed Green only.:-D Im a happy man!

Buckshot
11-30-2008, 02:17 AM
...............Will be awaiting your report!

...............Buckshot

lar45
11-30-2008, 02:40 PM
For changing the lube, I take all the hardware off and prop it up on an old cookie sheet, then put in the oven on low for 20-30 min. All the lube runs out and leaves the luber fairly clean. You can scrape the lube up and save it if you want.

mikenbarb
11-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Just got back from sighting in my Traditions LR Evolution for our BP opener tommorow AM. I will have to say that the NASA BP lube from Bullshop is the best lube I have ever used and im convinced this is the BEST out there because I have tried just about all of it. I started @ 100yds loading 80gr. American Pioneer powder and after getting it sighted in my average 5 shot group was approx 2-1/4 inches. I shot 120gr of powder trying to foul it with the NASA lube but it just kept on going to 23 shots before the accuracy started to drop off. I then cleaned it good which wasnt hard at all adjusted my powder charges for best accuracy cleaning after each shot and found that my gun likes 80gr. the best with pure lead Maxi-Balls. I then shot with the 80gr. of American Pioneer powder and NASA lube and counted the number of shots that I made before accuracy dropped off again. I had to count twice because I didnt think it was possible to take 47 shots without cleaning and still maintain a 4" group @ 100yds. Yes, You read it correct, I shot 47 times before the accuracy dropped off and I have to say that I found the lube im sticking with and would highly recommend that if you havnt tried it to get some QUICK! As far as cleaning went, It took 6 patches with T/C #13 cleaner till they came out clean compared to about 12 with my old lube(Bore Butter) with Pyrodex Select. Oh, I almost forgot. This NASA lube is the easiest BP lube I have ever used and lubing the bullet was a pleasure compared to the gooey crap I used previous. You just cut a small sliver of it and smear it around the boolit. It sticks great and dont make a runny mess all over your hands and has about the consistency of 50/50 lube but softer and alot less sticky. And I dont know what he puts in it but it smells real good and dont have a nasty smell that will spook game. I want to thank Bullshop again for making my life ALOT easier with less gunk on my hands not to mention the much improved accuracy I got shooting my muzzleloader with it.:drinks:

Bullshop
11-30-2008, 11:53 PM
Wonderful!!! Thanks for the praise Mike. Now there aint no room for excuses tomorrow eh. Enjoy!
BIC/BS

mikenbarb
12-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Just got in from the hunt and bagged a nice 5 pointer at approx 145 yds with a Maxi-Ball with NASA lube. I was in a ladder stand and he came out of the swamp about 300yds away and slowly came in and turned broadside at 145yds and you know the rest.LOL. Came home and swabbed the bore and nothing was there to clean except a real small amount of residue. I LOVE this stuff!:-D

Bullshop
12-01-2008, 08:32 PM
No Sir no room for excuses. Well done, Congrats!
BIC/BS

mikenbarb
12-02-2008, 12:00 AM
Thanks and I will fly you up a couple steaks.LOL. Now I gotta get 6 more for the year.:-D