PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here

44Magnum
11-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Hello guys. I've been lurking for a while, but thought I'd introduce myself. After a bad initial experience with commercially loaded cast ammunition I thought I'd give cast bullets another try. No, I am not casting my own yet; I am taking baby steps here. Anyway, I purchased some lead bullets (Keith) for my .44 Super Blackhawk and loaded them this weekend. They turned out great!! They shot accurately and didn't lead the barrel. :-D

I'm so impressed, I think I'll have to start casting my own. :drinks:

http://artificialhorizon.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/keithcast.jpg

rugerman1
11-10-2008, 01:45 PM
[smilie=s:Welcome to 45nut's insane asylum!:drinks:
Remember,casting and reloading save you money:coffee: Stop by the chat room in the evenings and say howdy to the inmates

454PB
11-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Welcome aboard!

There are a lot of shooters that had a bad first experience with cast boolits and walked away. I'm glad you gave it another try. Just remember, NOBODY can cast better booolits for YOUR guns than you.

Echo
11-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Welcome, 44Magnum. This board is a treasure trove where very knowledgeable folks share their expertise with others, even Newbies like you and I. I've only been here about 6 mos, but will not miss checking it, every day. But beware.

Casting is addictive! It becomes an end in itself. It doesn't supplant shooting, just adds another activity to help the shooting effort! And it is really great to look at that boolit you created yourself, and say "I made that'.

StrawHat
11-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Hi 44 Magnum,

This is just like all those other meeting places where they say "Hi" when you show up and our hobby is just as addicting.

This has to be the most informative sight just from the sheer numbers of knowledgable reloaders that post here.

Enjoy yourself and don't be afraid to ask questions.

cobbmtmac
11-10-2008, 03:37 PM
44 Magnum, Welcome Aboard! :coffee:

Like the others have said, this is a awsome site for knowldge and helpfulness. I started casting a little over 5 years ago. There are many many guys here that have 40-50 & maybe more years expierence. Because of this, I feel like I have gained 20 years expierience. Maybe not, but it sure gives you confidence, when these experts speak.

Just let the questions flow.

looseprojectile
11-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Hello and welcome.
I have had nearly everyone, when they find out I am shooting cast boolits say, Dont they lead the barrel?
I started doing this cast boolit thing in 1954. My shooting partner and I had to solve the problems we encountered ourselves.
Now we have this great internet and the great group of casters and shooters that are always helpful and eager to help all of us.
I have learned so much here at Cast Boolits, I am now in the position that I can give free advice, which is worth what you pay for it.:drinks:
Ask away.

Life used to be good

missionary5155
11-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Greetings and Welcome 44 Magnum Everyone probably has some similar history with the Silver Stream... but we all survived and learning more along the way.
I am VERY fond of the predesessor of your namesake.. the 44 Russian.. Started shooting this caliber a long time ago when you shortened 44 Special ... still one of my favorites.

Heavy lead
11-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Hello guys. I've been lurking for a while, but thought I'd introduce myself. After a bad initial experience with commercially loaded cast ammunition I thought I'd give cast bullets another try. No, I am not casting my own yet; I am taking baby steps here. Anyway, I purchased some lead bullets (Keith) for my .44 Super Blackhawk and loaded them this weekend. They turned out great!! They shot accurately and didn't lead the barrel. :-D

I'm so impressed, I think I'll have to start casting my own. :drinks:

http://artificialhorizon.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/keithcast.jpg

You won't regret it. Welcome. Man I can't believe no one took 44 magnum yet.
Cool.:Fire:

mooman76
11-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Welcome 44mag
The main key to not leading is a proper size bullet. There is more too it of coarse but too small of a bullet will lead quicker than anything!