PDA

View Full Version : Older 6" sears Craftsman metal working lathe. Many extras

samari46
11-27-2019, 01:11 AM
Finally decided to let someone else have the old girl. About 40 years old.Lathe still in good condition, comes complete with motor and reversing switch. Many extras.
Spare belt, comes with two cross slides and parts of a third. Extra tool bits plus those already ground,four tools that take 1/4" tool bits, milling attachment,drawbar for end mill holders,end mill holders with bushings. 8-9 change gears no aluminum or nylon. Extra spare parts such as cross feed table feed rod, spare threaded brass bushings for cross feed table, numerous bushings for change gears, Morse taper live center for tail stock, extensions for live and dead centers,3 & 4 jaw chucks with spare jaws. Only major problem is it's stuck in back gear. Will even throw in a steel tool box for everything mentioned. Asking $400 total I cannot ship so you would have to come and get it. Milling attachment alone is work the asking price check the atlas/clausing catalog for pricing. Also steel plate the lathe is bolted to. Don't need it and I'm sure someone could make use of it as a first lathe. Also included as a couple of dead centers as well. No tire kickers or low ballers please. The basic lathe,accessories, and items mentioned are well over what I'm asking. Could use a good cleaning though. Frank

shtur
11-27-2019, 01:22 AM
Where would a person go pick it up?

jessdigs
11-27-2019, 02:34 AM
Also interested if you are near the left coast.
Have trailer will travel.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

corbinace
11-27-2019, 04:05 AM
I have a place to put it and the vehicle and inclination to haul it.
Is this the one with the Timken bearings or bushings?
Let me be the third to ask about location.
Looks like we have the west covered.

Bulldogger
11-27-2019, 09:52 AM
I'll sign up for the East Coast....
Bulldogger

762 shooter
11-27-2019, 10:11 AM
I'll put my state in the lottery......South Carolina.

wnc435
11-27-2019, 12:27 PM
Well I your near WI I could come and get it

Echd
11-27-2019, 01:16 PM
Past posts in the OP's history indicate he is in Louisiana if that helps.

If he has decided to move to NC, I would certainly be interested.

corbinace
11-27-2019, 01:19 PM
Deleted so as not to get in trouble for discussion

samari46
11-28-2019, 02:55 AM
OK, I live in a small town in Louisiana, New Iberia to be correct.Went through my large machinist's chest and found some more goodies. Also included is a large jacob's chuck that mounts directly on the 1x10 headstock spindle. I've never used it so basically it's in pristine condition. Still the same price I quoted in my initial post. The lathe also comes with both the steady rest,follower rest and faceplate. Frank

Tom_et
11-28-2019, 03:19 AM
Frank
I’m in Florida
I’m very interested could be a nice road trip
I’ll contact you after the Holiday to discuss more
I don’t want you to hold it but I’m very interested
Happy Thanksgiving

blpenn66502
11-28-2019, 08:57 AM
PM sent.

samari46
11-29-2019, 02:23 AM
Alsp included is a jabobs chuck to be mounted on the spindle where the chucks go. never used it so in excellent condition. And don't remember if I mentioned this face plate, follower rest and steady rest. Bunch of ground to shape tool bits and can let you have some unground ones as well.May also have some morse taper shank #1 and #2 as well m may or may not need to be reground. Plenty of life left in them. I have one gent that may be coming in from Central texas to look at it friday. He may or may not take it pending inspection.If he does take it I will post that it has been sold. The price I quoted at the beginning still remains the same. Frank

louism
11-29-2019, 07:22 AM
Well I'm 40 miles from you. If it is still avaliable I will take it.

samari46
11-30-2019, 12:55 AM
Gentlemen, the lathe and the items mentioned in my posts has been sold. And is no longer available. Mods, if you wish to delete my posts regarding the lathe, please feel free to do so. Thanks to all who showed an interest. Frank