PDA

View Full Version : tulsa gun show

billyb
11-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Spent the day at the wanemachers gun show today. elbow to elbow people. very hard to find a parking spot. lots of price gouging. Winchester primers 29.00 a thou. hope sunday is a little less crowded, working my club booth from noon till 2:00. Bill

dolang1
11-09-2008, 10:14 AM
I'm still sore from walking at Wanenmacher yesterday. The crowd was huge. Next year I'm going to bring a cactus to carry in front of me.
The people at Powder Valley were very freindly and helpful. I bought a years supply of powder and primers. I think I saved a bout one third. Later Don

Hardcast416taylor
11-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Hey BillyB! I hate almost to tell you but the prices for Win. large rifle primers at Williams Gun Sight Davison, Mi store has been $29.95 for the last 2 - 3 months. Gander Mt. is over 30 at their Flint store 10 miles away from Williams. :confused:

jdgabbard
11-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Is the show this Weekend? I thought I had missed it. I will have to try and make it over there tomorrow.

EDIT: Doh! I guess I should have looked at the date of the first two posts ;)

missionary5155
11-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Yal do not understand how priviledged you are to even get to decide IF you want to go to a gunshow. I sure do look forward to MAYBE getting to be at ONE next year.

MtGun44
11-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Missionary5155,

Where exactly is Arequipa, Peru? I'm sure where Peru is, just not
Arequipa. Cool pic with the lenticular cloud, too.

Your moniker explains what you are doing there. How are Peruvian gun
laws?

Bill

missionary5155
11-21-2008, 10:07 PM
MtGun44 Greetings ! Arequipa is in the southern end of Peru about 100 miles inland from the Pacific. That volcano is called Misti (18,200) which is part of the Andes chain that passes north / south.
Gun laws are designed so few can have one. EACH firearm has a license that must be carried when the firearm is moved about. Interestingly here I can concelled carry my revolvers as I have the proper documents. Illinois does not trust me or anyone else. All handguns here are figured for personal defense so when documented to the person they are for personal concelled carry.
Ammo is EXPENSIVE ! 44-40 is $2.50 a cartridge.. 357 is $1 if it can be found. 38 special is about 70 cents but readily available here in our big city. Smaller towns get even more pricey. There are serious regulations/ restrictions on military and magnum firearms. I have one of the few 357 magnum licensed revolvers (ex-police). There are few semi-auto center fire rifles available and very restricted. Reloading is almost unheard of. Few primers to be found and no smokeless powder availabe on shelves. I scrounge componets from shotgun shells and old 45 acp for my 44-40. I am allowed to bring in 100 rounds of each licensed caliber so I do that. Every 5 years the license must be renewed (was each 2 years) and this is where the catch is... money. It is expensive.. But I view the cost as well worth the price of being able to legally carry a firearm. God has blessed and I have not had to do more than display the handle of my Rossi 5 shot 38 Special atached to my waistband on a HIP-GRIP. The 357 rides with us in our Samuri outside of town. I also regularly have our 44-40 Winny or a Mossy 12 behind the seats.. never have needed them but the police have warned me to Be Careful out in the mountains.