PDA

View Full Version : Glen's black bean salad

Glen
11-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Glen's black bean salad
1 cup dried black beans
2 cups of water
Cook for 2 hours in a crock pot on high, stirring occasionally. Drain and rinse.

Add 1 medium onion (diced), and one 14.5 oz can of ready-cut tomatoes (diced with roasted garlic). Stir.

Add one rounded teaspoon of ground cumin, and one rounded tablespoon of crushed red pepper. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon garlic/sea salt, and add 1/4 cup cider vinegar. Stir and refrigerate.

This stuff goes great with everything from grilled buffalo to smoked salmon to scrambled eggs, and makes a good snack all by itself. Enjoy!

MT Gianni
04-17-2010, 12:55 AM
Got a bunch of ripe tomatoes and made this with fresh, I also added 1 handful of corn. It worked out great.

Bill*
04-20-2010, 06:32 PM
I've been seeing this post for a while now...but kept reading "Glen Becks Bean Salad" :confused:

minknency
06-01-2010, 03:48 AM
It is easy to make a Glen's black bean salad, I really like this salad most. Place lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small jar. shake it until ingredients are well mixed. And then in a salad bowl, combine beans, bell pepper, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro. Shake lime dressing, and pour it over the salad. Stir salad to coat vegetables and beans with dressing, and serve.