PDA

View Full Version : FS: Remington 700 Safari grade Bull barrel Custom Shop 8MM Magnum

mortyg
11-10-2019, 12:23 PM
For your consideration and perusal.
It has come to my attention and great disappointment that I will not be able to fulfill a number of current projects.
It was my intention to convert this exemplary rifle to a 358STA, as it would only need a rebore. Making it a truly unique rifle.
The rifle is in excellent condition, as per the pictures.
Rosewood grip cap, fore-end, and double recoil inserts.
The barrel is 22 inches in length, balance is as good as it gets for a magnum hunting rifle.
It is drilled and tapped for iron sights from the factory.
It comes with the scope rings as attached.
The trigger pull on this rifle is amazing just right for a hunting magnum rifle, great pull and very crisp, no creep.
The bolt is jeweled and serial-numbered to the rifle as is usual with Custom shop rifles along with the CS stamp on the barrel.
A rifle of this quality does not come up for sale often, if ever. I have not seen a heavy/bull barreled Safari for sale, period.
This rifle comes with 100 8MM cases a set of RCBS 8MM dies, 8MM RCBS neck size die and Wilson headspace gauge.
If you need more pictures or have questions just ask.
I am asking $1350.00 OBO shipped to your FFL.
First I'll take it, gets it.
Payment by USPS money order or other arrangements.
cross-posted

mortyg
11-20-2019, 10:03 PM
Bump to top

DeputyDog25
11-20-2019, 10:05 PM
Bump for a very beautiful rifle. Wish I had the extra scratch to get this one. GLWS

mortyg
11-30-2019, 02:57 PM
turkey day bump

mortyg
12-23-2019, 06:00 PM
Christmas bump

Duckhunter
12-30-2019, 10:30 PM
New Year's (almost) bump. Somebody buy this rifle. I need to remodel my bedroom, not my doghouse.

tarbe
12-30-2019, 11:04 PM
22 inch barrel? Really?

Should be 24, unless it was cut.

mortyg
01-16-2020, 03:34 PM
New Year bump

Safari guns usually have a bit shorter barrels. If the barrel was 24 inches it would make the rifle very front heavy (bull barrel) and affect the ability to swing the rifle... The picture shows that the taps for the front sight are at the front of the barrel.
This is the way it was built per Remington custom shop.

Duckhunter
01-31-2020, 08:53 AM
I will take it. Please send address for payment