PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else load this mold--MP 356-130 2R 9mm/38 8-cav Alum only--

AR-Bossman
11-10-2019, 12:15 AM
I finally used this the other week and tested the bullets. I PC'd em and used a powder load the same as another bullet I cast (Lee). Well let me tell ya at 50 yards through a 9mm carbine it had a cone of at least 2 feet diameter. This is after alot of research and time out shooting to get my current favorite cast lead to around 3" max. at 50 yards. Which I'm super happy with. I shot factory stuff that wasn't even close to that, and a only a couple others that were tighter but WAYYYY more expensive to shoot. I load blasting 9mm ammo, I refuse to use high end bullets for that.

Anyways, I just can't believe it would shoot so bad. So I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback from the same mold.

Right now all I want to establish is that someone has used this exact mold profile and got it to shoot. I'm not looking to break down what I'm doing till then.

sigep1764
11-10-2019, 10:04 AM
Same weight between the two molds? Seating Depth? What are you sizing them to?

Traffer
11-10-2019, 10:25 AM
Size? Slugged barrel? How hot are you running them? Did the barrel lead up?

richhodg66
11-10-2019, 10:26 AM
By "cone" I suspect you mean group?

If you went from 3" groups with the Lee to two foot groups with this one, it may just be that your gun doesn't like this bullet and that's that for whatever reason, it doesn't really matter if someone else got it to shoot well in their gun or not. Keep trying different things, MP makes a good bullet mold, that's a good weight and nose profile for 9mm, you probably just to figure out exactly what tweak it takes to the load to get it to shoot, but if it doesn't work out, go back to the Lee design that you know works for it.

AR-Bossman
11-10-2019, 11:29 PM
By "cone" I suspect you mean group?

If you went from 3" groups with the Lee to two foot groups with this one, it may just be that your gun doesn't like this bullet and that's that for whatever reason, it doesn't really matter if someone else got it to shoot well in their gun or not. Keep trying different things, MP makes a good bullet mold, that's a good weight and nose profile for 9mm, you probably just to figure out exactly what tweak it takes to the load to get it to shoot, but if it doesn't work out, go back to the Lee design that you know works for it.

Yeah maybe my gun just don't like 'em. If I already have one that makes me happy, I don't know how much effort I'm gonna put into this mold.

FLINTNFIRE
11-13-2019, 05:07 PM
What size is the mold dropping at ? curious as I like my mihec molds and was thinking of trying this mold.

AR-Bossman
11-14-2019, 01:46 AM
What size is the mold dropping at ? curious as I like my mihec molds and was thinking of trying this mold.

You're lucky, I saved ONE single bullet. All the rest were re-cycled. I don't know why I didn't notice this before, but it's shaped like an oval.. maybe egg? It goes from .357 to .361 Don't know what I woulda done to cause that. Might explain why it was such a terrible bullet.