PDA

View Full Version : BPI Sabot and The New Dixie Bullet

Dixie Slugs
11-06-2008, 11:55 AM
This may have to be moved? As I promised you good folks..attached is a picture of our new bullet - .506"/485 gr hard cast to be used in the BPI sabot.
Our starting load is as follows:
(1) 38 grs of Longshot
(2) BPI X12X
(3) Circle Fly .250 (1/2") hard nitro
(4) BPI sabot with .506"/485 gr hard cast bullet (ain't it a beauty!)
As you will note from the attached, there is no blown sabot indeed! This is the first of our tests that will establish the final velocity.
Best Regards, James.

missionary5155
11-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Hello James Looks like another GREAT "Smasher" getting ready to debut ! This one should end up as a 50-70 on steroids plus Muscle enhancer. Watch out Miss Piggy ! And that BIG BOAR you are hanging around with.

Dixie Slugs
11-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Friends.....It would be nice if I could take all the credit and pats on the back.....but that just not the case indeed. We talked to a great deal fo people to find out what they really wanted...and that's a general game load. If I could have made a full bore at 450 grs or so I would have indeed. But, I think this load when finished will be a good genral hunting load. Next will be the velocity tests...and then back to the shooters to decide how hard they want this boy. The bullets's weight will very from 485 to 465 depending on the alloy. We are shooting the 485at present.
The design is very simple and is based on numbers we have discussed. Mountain molds can make you up a two-cavity iron mold for about $128 complete and shipping. There is also lots of fellows here that can bore this mold. Then combined with what all you casters can do with different alloy...should put all of you in the rifled barrel shooters big time.

44man
11-06-2008, 07:27 PM
James, I E mailed you and it was returned so I PM'd you again.