PDA

View Full Version : Gas check maker?

John McCorkle
10-23-2019, 08:15 PM
Looking to buy a gas check maker in .30 cal....only ones I see even available are Pat Marlin's.

Few questions, are there others I should consider? I don't find freechex makers anywhere but not sure if they are any better or if Pat Marlin's maker is. Pat has a 30 cal and a 300 blk check maker....not sure in understand what the difference is.

I plan to use it on all my 30 calibers from 30 06 to 308 to 300 blk.

Is there anyk e else here that makes them? Suggestions? Recommendations?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-23-2019, 10:52 PM
Maybe post a WTB ad.
At one time, I was eager to make my own GC.
I bought a few GC maker die sets, some from Pat and some that were the Free chex III design.
I learned that for the amount of checks I use, I wasn't interested in making them...takes too much time, finding the correct material, and lastly I didn't enjoy it, like I do the other parts of casting/sizing/loading. So I sold all my GC maker die sets, except the one for 22...and I kept that as more of a emergency/endtimes type of thing.
Anyway, there may be others that decided what I decided.
Good Luck.

Walter Laich
10-25-2019, 04:43 PM
I got one from Pat and am very happy with it

can't speak to others

I find it relaxing to turn out a couple of hundred when a have some time to kill

Ed_Shot
10-26-2019, 12:36 PM
I got a 30 cal. FreeChex III several years ago and it never got much use....I could make enough gc's on an hour to last a long time. But I just gat a new 300 BO AR and I've been giving it a workout. Amerimax #68104 4"x50' roll flashing is the ticket.