PDA

View Full Version : Blue Book of Gun Values

Poygan
10-21-2019, 02:53 PM
Does anyone know when the new Blue Book comes out? I'm in the (painful) process of selling some guns and the latest edition I have is the 37th edition.
Might also be interested in the current edition if anyone wants to sell theirs at a reasonable price. TIA.
Poygan

abunaitoo
10-21-2019, 04:09 PM
Some of the values in the book are way off.
Some to high, most to low.
What I do is go to a forum of the firearm, and ask questions.
Like selling anything, you have to find the right buyer, if you want the price your asking.
I think you can see it on-line for less than buying a book.

Gofaaast
10-21-2019, 05:04 PM
I would check the sold listings of like items and condition on GB using the advanced search function of completed items that sold. That’s if it’s not a rare firearm. The blue book is awful cheap most of the time. Don’t be afraid to use the wealth of knowledge on this forum for prices as well.

waksupi
10-23-2019, 11:54 AM
I would check end prices on auctions. That will give you a ballpark idea. Price ranges in different parts of the country can vary wildly.

KCSO
10-23-2019, 01:44 PM
Here the Blue Book is not at all useful as prices vary so much around the country. You need to get an idea of what the guns will sell for where you are. Check the auction sites.

vtech26
10-24-2019, 08:22 AM
I would check the sold listings of like items and condition on GB using the advanced search function of completed items that sold. That’s if it’s not a rare firearm. The blue book is awful cheap most of the time. Don’t be afraid to use the wealth of knowledge on this forum for prices as well.I second search Gunbroker "Sold" section. The blue book does not include collector value. I brought a collectible gun to a pawn shop one time just out of curiosity. I knew the gun collector value was worth $2500...he pulled out the blue book and offered me $750.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk