PDA

View Full Version : what to do with stuff that has value to old farts

Blanket
10-12-2019, 09:56 PM
I have a bunch of old stuff loaders, parts ect that folks could use, don't want to list for sale but don't want to pay to help people out, any ideas how to manage?

Walks
10-12-2019, 10:13 PM
List it by brand and size or Priority Mail box it goes into.

Just ask for that postage and away it goes.

Winger Ed.
10-12-2019, 10:19 PM
Over the years, I've sent out a bunch on the 'pay it forward' or 'helping hands' to help out the young folks.
So many people have helped me over the years, some at their own expense-
a few bucks postage doesn't seem like much of a big deal with the Karma thing going on.

But if ya want to keep from spending a few bucks, you will need to list, and at least take a picture to get it all going on 'Sell'n & Swap'n'

country gent
10-12-2019, 10:21 PM
I just went thru this from the other side with the shop equipment. The gentleman's daughters and son in in laws really needed to clean out the garage and move the property. Several guys made low ( bottom end or close on the appraisal) offers. He wouldn't even talk to them. I made an offer on 3 of the machines and he talked with me, I up the offer to included the second lathe and he jumped on it. My offer was the upper end of the appraisal. Tuesday when moving equipment he threw in all the stock more tooling and other odds and ends on top of the machines. He wanted toknow where and that his toys would be used.

If you belong to a club or range. You might try posting it there, and see what the members take / want. Most will offer a fair price. List it here in swapping and selling. But this does require dealing over distances and packaging shipping things. Gun shows may move some but it ties up days of time sitting there, THe last is check the auction houses in your area and see if the items can be added to an auction with a lot of firearms. This requires paying a percentage of the total to the auctioneer, and possibly a sellers fee, but it gets an interested group together in one spot thru the auction bills/flyers. The right group and auctions can be a quick profitable way to sell.

It is your decision and you have to decide how much time energy and effort you want to invest in selling thee things. I like to deal face to face and really like to see extras go to new people to get them started.

Paper Puncher
10-12-2019, 10:24 PM
There is a helping hands section in "Our Town". Post a list of things you have and list that the recipient needs to pay postage.

If that is not allowed I am sure one of the Mods (maybe 45Nut) will have a better idea.