PDA

View Full Version : Flooding

rl69
09-20-2019, 08:34 PM

It's been wet

Winger Ed.
09-20-2019, 08:57 PM
Yeah. They said it'd rain all day Fri. & Sat. here, about 70 miles S E of Dallas.

At dark, all we've had is a little shower that barely wet the street.

sparkyv
09-21-2019, 09:40 AM
Well at least they're high and dry. We got HAMMERED Thursday, it was a real mess. Folks out this way still trying to find where their cars are at.

Hossfly
09-21-2019, 10:35 AM
Well we were about to burn up here in north Louisiana, burn bans issued by most parishes. Although we had a very wet spring, and very good growing season, rain stopped first week in August. Sun cooked everything, to the point we had to start feeding hay early. This week we got good coverage from that last storm in Texas, about 2’’ coverage, not a drought buster but gives hope anyway. A/c season not over yet tho.

Texas by God
09-21-2019, 12:13 PM
Prayers for Houston area with the FEET of rain they got. Hot dry wind and circular rain patterns here in NCT that have missed us so far. I've never been a fan of Indian Summer but we may have another this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thundarstick
09-22-2019, 08:07 AM
Here the trees are whistling for the dogs!:shock:

lightman
09-22-2019, 10:14 AM
Prayers offered for any of you Guys affected by the flooding. And everyone else too!

David2011
09-22-2019, 07:56 PM
We were not personally affected but have friends nearby that are seriously affected. We got a LOT of rain but our area drains very well. One couple we know that was flooded several feet deep during Harvey was on TV last night saying how thankful that they only got 8" this time and can salvage a lot. Another friend that has a small business had his warehouse of perishable food items flooded two feet deep. Unbelievable that it happened twice in two years to so many people. Fortunately the bulk of the heavy rain was east of Houston in less densely populated areas but it is no less devastating for those affected.

sigep1764
09-23-2019, 02:23 AM
Maybe im less well read than the masses, but I keep reading stories about the Bahamas and the storm that never appeared along the east coast. I haven't read any news about the recent flooding of Texas that is mentioned in this thread. And im in STL, not that far away. No news stories about it at all. This thread is the first I have heard of it. I hope all are well and persevering. It just seems strange that the news would not center on citizens.

rl69
09-23-2019, 02:47 PM
It was a storm that popped up quickly it was jus a disturbance and in less then 24 hr it had a name it dumped anywhere fro 3 to 38 inches of rain in less then 24 hr to much water in to short of time

KMac
09-23-2019, 02:54 PM
I have a lot of family in Beaumont and they said the flooding was worse than Harvey. They are ok but some of their friends had just recently moved back into their house after it being flooded from Harvey and it got flooded just as bad again. Just Awful.