PDA

View Full Version : Ruger LCP Recall

jim4065
11-03-2008, 01:09 PM
http://www.ruger-firearms.com/LCPRecall/index.html

Looks like the SR9 scenario.

TCLouis
11-04-2008, 02:52 PM
with an empty chamber . . . and the loaded magazine at home and . . . .

What is Ruger thinking?

Dale53
11-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Actually, they are just trying to avoid a lawsuit. Years ago, when they lost the lawsuit on their single action revolvers, they have been somewhat "paranoid" on the issue (it really isn't paranoia when a large settlement has already been paid)...

Dale53

Kraschenbirn
11-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Yeah, I remember that Ruger lawsuit. Some nitwit left an old model SBH on an overhead closet shelf with factory JHPs in all six chambers. Knocked it off the shelf, gun hit on hammer, ka-boom!!

Bill

USARO4
11-06-2008, 09:54 AM
As much as I love Rugers I sometimes wonder if they are thinking at all. Why don't they test and test and re-test a product before they place it on the market.

ra_balke
11-06-2008, 11:06 PM
I had a friend one time, he claimed that he was just standing up, and a stick got caught the hammer and in the trigger guard of his ruger 44 mag.

The hammer cocked back in the holster....... BANG ! He put a 180 grain 44 mag bullet into the calf of his leg at point blank range !
The Bullet traveled down his leg, and stopped near his ankle.
Perfect mushroom. ( or so he said )

His pals tied off his leg, and hauled hum to the hospital 40 miles, with his leg in out the car window, sticking stright up to keep the blood from running out.

The doc dug out the bullet, and asked if he wanted to save it, he said no.

That was 30 years ago now, but the wound still looks like hell.

When people ask, he tells them a sand shark bit him in Alaska.

Lloyd Smale
11-07-2008, 07:48 AM
ive got one in both my truck and my jeeps console. I keep them with a full mag and and empty chamber. I wont send mine in because I can just imagine it comming back with a 10 lb trigger pull. Both of mine also run like a top and im not about to risk ruger screwing that up. If it ever gets dropped it will be in a scuffle and even if it does go off that will be the least of my problems if ive dropped my weapon.