PDA

View Full Version : 10 years, and 3500 posts

DukeInFlorida
09-11-2019, 05:26 AM
In a couple of weeks, it will be my 10th year being a member of CB. Guess I've been fairly active, at almost 3500 posts. Lots of activity in that time.

My extreme journey into casting has come from my involvement here. As has my deep participation in jacketed bullet swaging. Being an experienced NRA Reloading instructor, I've been able to assist a lot of new casters and reloaders. Many other members have been here much longer, and have many more posts. My congrats to all who provide assistance to the newer members here.

Time slips by quickly. Thanks for having me.

nun2kute
09-11-2019, 07:13 AM
Thank YOU for putting up with ME !

mattw
09-11-2019, 08:58 AM
Dude, that is an amazing amount of advice that has been given and stories that have been shared. It is great to have members this active on a good forum.

Bohica793
09-11-2019, 09:01 AM
Thanks Duke for all you have done.

Der Gebirgsjager
09-11-2019, 11:51 AM
Glad you're here! :grin:

Markopolo
09-11-2019, 11:55 AM
hey Duke??? you aint going anywere are you???

Plate plinker
09-11-2019, 07:50 PM
Enabler!

maxreloader
09-11-2019, 08:02 PM
Well... that's almost a post a day! Keep the words of wisdom flowing Duke!

WinchesterM1
09-11-2019, 08:08 PM
I e been lurking here since 2008 and I just recently joined. I always felt like I didn’t have enough knowledge to join these humble ranks and I’m glad I joined

Hickory
09-11-2019, 08:11 PM

He might.
He left the cold snowy winters of Maine for the heat, humidity and hurricanes of Florida. [smilie=w:

lightman
09-11-2019, 09:12 PM
I've been here for about the same amount of time. I've enjoyed your post and your friendship. Heres to 10 more years! [smilie=w:

samari46
09-11-2019, 10:55 PM
You know you're at the best web site for cast bullets when you see the links on other web sites. Frank

DukeInFlorida
09-12-2019, 04:31 PM
NOPE, despite my dislike for the hurry canes (last one was a close shave), I hate the deep snows of Winter in Maine even more.

So, not going any where, just rejoicing that I've been here for ten years, and have averaged (as has been pointed out) about a post a day. Me? Long winded??? LOL

Have loved, and continue to love working with all, and sharing especially my reloading and casting knowledge. Have made a lot of really good friends here, and brought many local friends to CB.

PS: Literally just got back from today's chemo treatment at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville. The cancer came back, two months ago, like 5X worse than ever before. The new chemo is doing an amazing job. When I get the results from today's treatment, it MIGHT show what they have suggested could be "TECHNICAL remission". Meaning, that the level of the cancer is lower than emergency treatment stage. There is, alas, no cure for multiple myeloma, the rarest of the cancers. And it looks like I will just go to Mayo for "touch up" treatments for the next few years. Met a fellow there, 92 years old, same cancer, same chemo, same touch up treatments (once a month after remission), and he's been doing that for 2 1/2 years now. It's keeping him going. And, my doc says I will not die from this cancer. Maybe a runaway bus, or asteroid. LOL. Going to JAX is somewhat like a milk run these days. If any of my friends in the Jax area would like to meet up for a late lunch on a Thursday at one of the seafood places in Mayport, it would be MY treat. That's just around the corner from Mayo.

Orville

woodbutcher
09-12-2019, 04:34 PM
:D Keep on with the wisdom.Always enjoy your posts.Hmmmmmmm.Looks like I`ve been here a little over 11 years.It really has been a lot of fun.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

Smoke4320
09-12-2019, 05:19 PM
3503 and counting :)

docbrown
09-12-2019, 05:48 PM
Wish I were up in Jacksonville, I would meet you at Singleton's Seafood Shack. The folks at Mayo will take good care of you. I did a lot of work up there for a lot of years before I retired - you are in good hands. That being said, I sure hate you are having to go through this. Be careful on JTB Blvd - those folks drive like idiots up there sometimes...well, most of the time!

Tom W.
09-12-2019, 08:19 PM
2005 and just a few more.....

kevin c
09-12-2019, 08:24 PM
Strength, wisdom, humility, good grace and dignity. What's not to like?

I'm on the wrong coast, but if I get out your way, I hope you won't mind if I look you up.

Tom W.
09-12-2019, 08:47 PM
Hey Duke, did the doctors install a power port? I balked at having one put in because it limits how much I can pick up, but it sure is nice for the chemo treatments.....

I also made sure that it was installed on my left shoulder so I could safely shoot my rifles.

DukeInFlorida
09-13-2019, 06:27 AM
Yes, I have a power port installed. Crappy veins in arms. When I went in for that surgical procedure, no one mentioned WHERE it would get installed. Yup. Right side of my upper chest. Right where rifle butts would go. I've had to shoot all rifles with a bench rest for 6 years. As long as it gets accessed every 4-6 weeks it can last about 15 years. And, lucky me, I am at Mayo every week these days, but every 4-6 weeks normally, once cancer gets back to technical remission.

Hey Duke, did the doctors install a power port? I balked at having one put in because it limits how much I can pick up, but it sure is nice for the chemo treatments.....

I also made sure that it was installed on my left shoulder so I could safely shoot my rifles.

Tom W.
09-13-2019, 09:41 PM
I hate when they flush it with Benedryl. It leaves a bad taste/ smell or something in my mouth unless I pinch my nose shut.

I've been either blessed or stupid, but I haven't had to go back to the hospital in over a year!

Michael J. Spangler
09-13-2019, 09:51 PM
Thank you for all you have done for casting and the shooting community in New England.

Land Owner
09-14-2019, 05:27 AM
We start slow, build momentum, ask questions, impart experience, and enjoy reading replies. We leave a tiny portion of ourselves in every post we make. It is a whisper of who we are in the posts we make.

510 posts in 10 years does not mean inactivity. Reading here takes considerable time. Posts should invite new discussions not already answered many times. Research is good.

Ed K
09-14-2019, 07:42 AM
We start slow, build momentum, ask questions, impart experience, and enjoy reading replies. We leave a tiny portion of ourselves in every post we make. It is a whisper of who we are in the posts we make.

510 posts in 10 years does not mean inactivity. Reading here takes considerable time. Posts should invite new discussions not already answered many times. Research is good.

I agree. There is already so much information on the forum that some good search work will answer most all of the questions anyone could come up with. That having been said the info had to come from somewhere. So thanks to the likes of Duke for being so free with the information to the benefit of the forum!