PDA

View Full Version : Dual Citizenship Rescinded

David2011
09-09-2019, 03:13 AM
Huh? What? Yep, I did it to myself. Some of you might have noticed that my location showed “New Mexico/Baytown, Texas.” The first couple that looked at the NM house bought it. (With a 1300 sq ft shop what’s not to like?). The movers came on Saturday and took our stuff away. Tonight we’re sitting in our new home in Baytown with no plans to return to NM. I was (am) a New Mexico native but grew up from the end of 1st grade in Houston. Most of my family is nearby. We got a great retirement home near family, saltwater, shooting sports and RC airplane fields. That covers most of my vices.

Winger Ed.
09-09-2019, 03:36 AM
Welcome home.

JBinMN
09-09-2019, 05:20 AM
Congrats!, since it seems that it was what you wanted.
:)

Enjoy!
:)

Sig556r
09-09-2019, 07:39 AM
Welcome Back...

redhawk0
09-09-2019, 07:44 AM
Congrats....have a great retirement...sounds like with those vices...you'll have a blast.

redhawk

dverna
09-09-2019, 09:01 AM
Having visited both, I could never live in that part of Texas. But family is important.

I spent almost a week in Santa Fe NM. and loved the place...but too far from my family to ever live there.

Good luck with your move!!

Char-Gar
09-09-2019, 01:27 PM
I have lived in New Mexico twice and really like the place, but I am a Texan through and through. I have a son in Houston and been to Bay Town many times. I hope you didn't get there just in time for a big hurricane. I live on the Texas Gulf coast (near Brownsville) and this time of year, we all get antsy, because it is the peak of Gulf hurricane season.

Welcome back....

johnho
09-09-2019, 05:46 PM
My son just sold his house in Farmington and is wrapping up a job he took. He can't wait to get out of NM with that new governor and what Richardson did to the oil industry. Farmington is going to be a ghost town between richardson and that new governor. It's a shame, I'll miss going out there to visit. Just love the west.

David2011
09-10-2019, 08:24 AM
There are many things that used to be great about NM. Unfortunately Johnho is right. The state is dependent on oil and gas revenues yet the new governor and legislature has passed many anti-oil laws. Santa Fe is a beautiful city with a summer climate second to none and is headed to becoming San Francisco East.

I lived in Farmington for several years when I was a puppy and loved it. Met my first wife there but lost her to brain cancer a few years later.

It’s been nice not having to deal with hurricane season for many years but had to get near my parents while we can still enjoy life together. The movers unloaded yesterday and the work starts again after we rest for a day or two. At this point we expect the next move to be to the final resting place but you never know what the future may have waiting.

Idz
09-10-2019, 11:01 AM
Sorry to see sensible folks leave NM. With the crooked Gov and legislature bought by Bloomberg we are in real trouble. Some sad examples: Gunowner Harassment act requires FFL NICS check on all gun sales, even for those with FFL3 licenses, CCW, etc., Increased property taxes 12%, Increased car buyer tax 33%, Spent entire $500,000,000 state budget surplus on ?, Refuses to work with federal law enforcement, Joins every lawsuit against federal gov't, Declared NM will be 'carbon-free' and get rid of oil and gas industry. etc. etc. etc.

Char-Gar
09-10-2019, 03:30 PM
Nice to see former Farmington NM folks here. I was Sr. Pastor of First United Methodist Church there back in the late 80's. I loved the church, the church members, the community and the entire area. I wish I had stayed longer.

New Mexico has always been a quirky place. Like most states that are mostly rural and small towns, the very few population centers control the political life of the entire state. In New Mexico that would be ABQ and Last Cruces. They run the entire show. The rest of the folks vote in vain.

MOA
09-10-2019, 03:56 PM
Having lived in Houston, Huntsville, and Texas City while managing Academy stores right after college you will have lots more opportunity to do the things you love with those you love close by. Glad you made it back safely. We had been looking at property just north and east of Aztec NM for our last hopefully retirement home with hunting an fishing nearby but the political winds made it impossible for us to go there. So, we are heading to the White Mountains of Arizona instead. Can't wait to get there too.