PDA

View Full Version : Is there any non-cartridge

pwc
08-23-2019, 11:00 PM
Black powder (front stuffer) clubs/organizations in the Phoenix AZ, area? Maybe just a loose group of folks that get together. ASRPA doesn't show any.

pietro
08-23-2019, 11:38 PM

Arizona has 9 M/L clubs

This place is in Mesa: https://www.rsscaz.com/divisions/public-range

Additionally, maybe you can contact these folks:

https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/data/attachments/1/1124-fcfb84ba91f367fe511352ed08b4d219.jpg

(google is your friend)

LAGS
08-24-2019, 12:01 AM
I had a membership with Rio Salado 25 years ago when I first moved to Az.
I will be renewing it soon.
It is a very nice range, and a lot closer, ( 4 miles from my houses )
When I was there the other day, they had 4 benches set aside for ML shooters on the main range way down at the west end.
Ben Avery Shooting Range where I shoot with some friends of mine from time to time.
That range is clear on the other side of Phoenix from me, but not far from their houses.
I also Occasionally drive 70 miles down south to a range in Casa Grande.
That range is Free, but has no Range Officers .
Only benches, with a canopy and you have to bring your own chairs and target stands.
But it is great during the week, because there is nobody on the range for hours at a time.
But I am going to check out local ML shooting Clubs that meet at Rio Salado or other ranges that are close.
I believe the guys that were at the range said they belong to a club called Matazel Shooting Club or something like that.

pwc
08-24-2019, 12:56 AM
Well, I probably should have said that Ben Avery is "my" go to range. I'm far NW valley. Nice to see the others, even if they are 40-60 mile drive.

pwc
08-24-2019, 01:02 AM
Well, I probably should have said that Ben Avery is "my" go to range. I'm far NW valley. Nice to see the others, even if they are 40-60 mile drive.

LAGS
08-24-2019, 01:09 AM
Back in 2008 I was shooting in Casa Grande about every week since I had a buddy who lives down there, And I was out of work for 3 1/2 years.
But now that I will have more free time, I will be shooting at Rio Salado more, and will get a membership for my current wife since she is a shooter too.
She hasn't tried ML yet, but wants to.
But she does have her own guns, and is pretty good with her Henry Big Boy .357 out to 100 yards.

DIRT Farmer
08-24-2019, 08:16 AM
I shot at this years Western, a good group and a great range and it is only just a little over 1700 miles from the house