PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with questions

oneputt_18
10-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Hi folks. 30 years ago I bought out a guys gunshop so he could move to Alaska and guide bear hunts. All I wanted was his large reamer collection, actions, barrels and gunstocks. What I also got were lead ingots, coffee cans full of cast boolits (is that right?), gas checks, .25 swaging equipment and lots of other stuff I didn't have any interest in. That probably doesn't make sense to those of you that love it, but that's the way it is. Over the years I've sold some of it to CB shooters I knew but it seems as though they have all either moved away or passed away. I'm left with quite a bit of it that I need to get out of my way to make room for other hobbies. Now for the questions.....
I've been out of the FFL game for a long time. Do you need an FFL to sell any of the CB supplies I listed? Do any of the carriers have restrictions on lead? Did I read the swap forum rules correctly in that I have to wait 30 days to post? If so I will be back in a month to list the stuff I have and spread it amongst those of you that will have the most fun with it. Thanks,

Jeff

Scrounger
10-31-2008, 04:29 PM
That's right, Jeff, but human nature being what it is, prepare yourself for an onslaught of Personal Messages from guys trying to get a good deal before you can list it. Not condemning anyone, 10 years ago I would have done it myself. Not now, I have no interest in anything I don't plan to use myself, let someone else get the good deals...

oneputt_18
10-31-2008, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Scrounger. I'm not looking to get rich here but I've foolishly given away stuff in the past. It's not too hard to find out what stuff is worth if you have the simplest of internet skills. I was hoping to sell this so I could get my new 1st granddaughter Chrismas gifts!:-D

JDFuchs
10-31-2008, 05:14 PM
Sounds like you made out well with a good deal.

I hope I don't make myself out to be a buzzed circling its pray, but when you get a chance to figure a price you want on the .25 swaging equipment I would love to know. I'm only 23 and just starting to build my collection.

At least you have an idea of where to look for pricing out this equipment. After my Grandfather died (I was only two) my Mom prompted my Grandmother to get rid of his reloading equipment so the curious me would not blow myself up. (would have been just as easy to have gotten rid of the powder and primers... But the kicker is the hole setup was sold for $50.00... I know he had a light green turret or progressive form the one picture I found with it in the background. by now Ive spent well over $50 on even a single piece of equipment...

randyrat
10-31-2008, 05:47 PM
There are resrictions on lead, you can only put 70 lbs in a USPS shipping box. LOL Only if you can lift it.

runfiverun
10-31-2008, 07:51 PM
the short answer.....no you don't need a ffl to sell your property.
even a gun can be sold without one.

if you p.m. ken he goes by 45 nut
you could get a waiver for the 30 days.

flap.......flap...flap.