PDA

View Full Version : Camping with the grand kids and my son

frkelly74
08-12-2019, 11:45 AM
We went up to Ludington to the state park. I learned two things... Don't go on weekends.. and if you do make reservations 6 to 9 months in advance. It was kind of crowded and we had to stay one night and pack up and move to another campsite for the second day. The third day there was nothing open so we went to a Private camp ground that our church operates north of Muskegon. Which turned out to be a good thing all around. The private lake at the church camp is so full of bass that they are eating all the bluegills, Consequently the management requests that if you catch a bass of any size do not throw it back. So out came the plastic worms and pictures show the rest....246628246629246630246631

We had a lot of fun and it was great to see little Odelia catch her first fish. The look on her face when it hit was priceless. We could have used two or three more for the pan though. Odelia caught two, but Shilos one was the biggest.

Sig556r
08-12-2019, 11:58 AM
Nice fam bonding...

rcslotcar
08-12-2019, 12:09 PM
I love post that show family outings. I really miss my kids as they are grown with out grand kids yet.

RogerDat
08-12-2019, 12:48 PM
Camping memories last more than one lifetime. They are precious to the child throughout their life, and generally passed on to their children.

Someplace I have a picture of myself, daughter and grandson at camp with equipment going back another generation. Having come from my parents and been used by myself growing up. Good memories.

Winger Ed.
08-12-2019, 12:53 PM
Sounds like a great time.

Don't forget to tell the grand kids,
according to the redneck fishing manual, the secret to catching bigger fish is to spit on your bait.

frkelly74
08-12-2019, 01:33 PM
I thought it only worked if you had a chaw when you spit on the bait. One of the worms was raspberry scented, that just doesn't seem natural at all does it?