PDA

View Full Version : Going to miss my buddy

wgr
08-03-2019, 02:38 PM
Had to but my lab down today.Really hit the wife hard that lab has been in40 states with us:(

dangitgriff
08-03-2019, 04:20 PM
Sorry for y’all’s loss...
It’s never easy.

ShooterAZ
08-03-2019, 04:47 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss, I've been there three times now with my Labradors. Not a day goes by without me thinking about them, I still miss all of them very much. No, it's never easy, but time will help ease the pain. May God bless you and your wife, and help to ease the sorrow.

Streetwalker
08-03-2019, 06:01 PM
I cried like a baby when I had to put my 13 year old black lab Smokey down. I buried him in the bottom of my duck blind on a sandy ridge overlooking Honey Lake. Now, he will always be where he truly loved to be, watching the skies for ducks and geese coming in to the decoys! I'm truly sorry for your loss but the memories will go on forever.

lightman
08-03-2019, 06:46 PM
Sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is never easy.

Beagle333
08-03-2019, 06:50 PM
Sorry for your loss. I know it's really hard to lose a loyal buddy like that.

Shawlerbrook
08-03-2019, 06:51 PM
Try to remember all the good times. I love dogs, but losing them really hits you hard. Prayers from Central NYS.

DCP
08-03-2019, 07:39 PM
Why Dogs Never Die… This Guy Completely Nails It.

Some of you, particularly those who think they have recently lost a dog to “death”, don’t really understand this. I’ve had no desire to explain, but won’t be around forever and must.

Dogs never die. They don’t know how to. They get tired, and very old, and their bones hurt. Of course they don’t die. If they did they would not want to always go for a walk, even long after their old bones say:” No, no, not a good idea. Let’s not go for a walk.” Nope, dogs always want to go for a walk. They might get one step before their aging tendons collapse them into a heap on the floor, but that’s what dogs are. They walk.

It’s not that they dislike your company. On the contrary, a walk with you is all there is. Their boss, and the cacaphonic symphony of odor that the world is. Cat poop, another dog’s mark, a rotting chicken bone ( exultation), and you. That’s what makes their world perfect, and in a perfect world death has no place.

However, dogs get very very sleepy. That’s the thing, you see. They don’t teach you that at the fancy university where they explain about quarks, gluons, and Keynesian economics. They know so much they forget that dogs never die. It’s a shame, really. Dogs have so much to offer and people just talk a lot.

When you think your dog has died, it has just fallen asleep in your heart. And by the way, it is wagging it’s tail madly, you see, and that’s why your chest hurts so much and you cry all the time. Who would not cry with a happy dog wagging its tail in their chest. Ouch! Wap wap wap wap wap, that hurts. But they only wag when they wake up. That’s when they say: “Thanks Boss! Thanks for a warm place to sleep and always next to your heart, the best place.”

When they first fall asleep, they wake up all the time, and that’s why, of course, you cry all the time. Wap, wap, wap. After a while they sleep more. (remember, a dog while is not a human while. You take your dog for walk, it’s a day full of adventure in an hour. Then you come home and it’s a week, well one of your days, but a week, really, before the dog gets another walk. No WONDER they love walks.)

Anyway, like I was saying, they fall asleep in your heart, and when they wake up, they wag their tail. After a few dog years, they sleep for longer naps, and you would too. They were a GOOD DOG all their life, and you both know it. It gets tiring being a good dog all the time, particularly when you get old and your bones hurt and you fall on your face and don’t want to go outside to pee when it is raining but do anyway, because you are a good dog. So understand, after they have been sleeping in your heart, they will sleep longer and longer.

But don’t get fooled. They are not “dead.” There’s no such thing, really. They are sleeping in your heart, and they will wake up, usually when you’re not expecting it. It’s just who they are.

I feel sorry for people who don’t have dogs sleeping in their heart. You’ve missed so much. Excuse me, I have to go cry now.

Cover photo by Raul Onet

This is so true, and this guy really captured it perfectly. SHARE this with your dog-loving friends.

bensonwe
08-03-2019, 08:20 PM
So sorry for your loss.

blackthorn
08-03-2019, 08:30 PM
You have my sympathy, tough decision to have to make. Been there done that.

Pete44mag
08-03-2019, 10:41 PM
My heart goes out to you and your Wife! I have had the same experience several times. It never gets any easier or less painful. The more people I meet, the better I love my dog!!! My sympathy and prayers.

wgr
08-03-2019, 10:46 PM
We both think all of you

David2011
08-04-2019, 03:31 AM
Sorry that you lost your companion. May you be rewarded with great memories for the rest of your years.

6bg6ga
08-04-2019, 07:48 AM
I've had to put down 4) german shepherds over the years. Its a difficult process to do this to a loved one. I am very sorry for your loss.

BNE
08-04-2019, 07:53 AM
I will never forget Cyndi, Charlotte and Merriweather. Those were the three labs I grew up with. Each different and wonderful in their own way. So sorry for your loss.

MrWolf
08-04-2019, 09:21 AM
I am very sorry for your loss. Just reminds us of what will eventually come to all and that a lil extra attention goes a long way. I will cry like a baby when my Ruger passes.

rl69
08-04-2019, 09:43 AM
Sorry for your loss. That's got to be a tough thing to do.. I've been fortunate in that aspect we have never lost one of our dog do to natural causes.

375supermag
08-04-2019, 10:46 AM
Hi...
I know what you are going through.
I have lost several pups over the years...each one special in their own way.
As I sit here in my recliner with two Labs at my feet I sincerely dread the day that is inevitably coming when they will cross Rainbow bridge.
They are siblings...4 years old and it hurts to even consider that it is going to happen one day. Since I am nearly 65 years old maybe I will pass before them. It is certainly possible...

Larry Gibson
08-04-2019, 11:14 AM
My condolences, I've had to do the same with dogs I've had too many times..........heartbreaking.......

SSGOldfart
08-04-2019, 11:19 AM
Sorry for y’all’s loss...
It’s never easy.

Yep time will heal this one

fecmech
08-04-2019, 01:12 PM
I know your feelings all too well as I just had to put my 10 yr. old Sheltie down July 3rd. Hang in there.