PDA

View Full Version : American Tactical Sports Scam

Texas by God
08-02-2019, 08:21 PM
A while back I recieved an email from them with a Gunbroker heading causing me to open it. They said we want you to receive a free "top quality" red dot sight- just pay the postage! $12.50 What the hell says I so I provided my card # and nothing. I waited a week and a half; called the nice lady who assured me it's on the way. Another few days and I started a chain of emails- which they do answer. On the last one I was given a bogus(apparently) tracking #. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. Even if I get it tomorrow it wont make it right. If you see this on your in box - stay away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Smoke4320
08-02-2019, 08:28 PM
Better watch your bank account real close for other charges

Texas by God
08-02-2019, 08:47 PM
Visa has been notified.

rancher1913
08-02-2019, 09:21 PM
no such thing as a free lunch, there is always an agenda.

alamogunr
08-03-2019, 12:36 AM
There seems to be a lot of this type of thing going around. I've received emails from several different "organizations". They all give a link to unsubscribe to their emails but not all work.

dangitgriff
08-03-2019, 01:12 AM
Thank you for the heads-up, Texas.

missionary5155
08-03-2019, 11:16 AM
It is for sure the days are getting more evil. Scams on every side of all issues. They abound down here also.
Mike in LLama Land

Texas by God
08-03-2019, 05:31 PM
The lady called me this am and assured me that shipping was slow due to demand. She gave me the choice of refund or wait a bit more. I chose the latter for two weeks to be a sport. This only because she seems to be up front and speaks better English than I do. We will see.

SSGOldfart
08-04-2019, 12:53 PM
The lady called me this am and assured me that shipping was slow due to demand. She gave me the choice of refund or wait a bit more. I chose the latter for two weeks to be a sport. This only because she seems to be up front and speaks better English than I do. We will see.

Watch your account,they change the name of there accounts,so it's hard to pick our their charge.

Texas by God
08-06-2019, 07:15 PM
To correct my original post, it was a laser sight that they were going to send me. Well, yesterday I received two of them in the mail! This came after the phone call with the woman the other day and an email from the company rep the next day that said my credit card account would be cleared of a shipping charge. I will call the credit card company to see if anything wonky is going on but I almost feel bad about it. Almost.

am44mag
08-06-2019, 10:09 PM
I've been getting a lot of emails like that from Gunbroker over the last couple of years. The stuff they were toting always seemed like cheap Chinese junk, and I finally got tired of it and started flagging all of their emails as spam. I don't know what the heck they were thinking when they decided to start doing that. They should stick to managing their marketplace.