PDA

View Full Version : A Spin Around The Block

Char-Gar
08-01-2019, 01:23 PM
I took a 9 month break from this site to preserve my mental and spiritual health. I was getting frustrated with my over involvement. At any rate, I thought I would take a spin around the block to see how many of you are still in the land of the living.

Walks
08-01-2019, 01:29 PM
I ain't died yet.

C.F.Plinker
08-01-2019, 02:31 PM
Good you see you again.

762 shooter
08-01-2019, 03:06 PM
Doctor Livingston, I presume?

Good to hear from you.

Same as always. Some know everything. Some know nothing. Everyone knows a little.

Petrol & Powder
08-01-2019, 04:35 PM
Still here.
I've contemplated taking a sabbatical from the forum myself.

rking22
08-01-2019, 04:39 PM
Glad to see you back, I’ve always enjoyed you posts and insight.

Finster101
08-01-2019, 04:51 PM
Glad to see you are still among the living.

bikerbeans
08-01-2019, 05:34 PM
I tried to die but was unsuccessful. Too many good people on this site Praying for me. I am glad you came back, everyone's contributions are important.

BB

Winger Ed.
08-01-2019, 05:42 PM
I'm still confidently buying green bananas.

Maven
08-01-2019, 06:41 PM
I'm still on the right side of the grass, Charles. Hope you are in good health!

Smoke4320
08-01-2019, 07:01 PM
Welcome back

smoked turkey
08-01-2019, 08:08 PM
Yes, welcome back. I trust your short sabbatical did for you exactly what was needed. I applaud you for the willingness to take charge of your time and do it. We did miss your input on here though.

Tom W.
08-01-2019, 08:35 PM
I've been on the edge a few times, but still here. Cancer has just slowed me down a lot.

ShooterAZ
08-01-2019, 08:55 PM
Hi Charles, I'm still among the alive and kicking group. I'm also glad that you came back for a visit. I've missed your posts, and history lessons. Hope you'll stick around for a bit, both here and in the still alive group :-D.

OldBearHair
08-01-2019, 09:27 PM
My sabbatical was a three day stay in the hospital, while they grew cultures, all the while on IV anti-biotics that were not stopping the blood in the urine. Dismissed with prescription for the correct med. and after one evening and one morning tablet, the urine cleared. Only the second time I 've had that experience. Cancer return was a concern. Praise God, it was only infection. Yeah Char-Gar you were missed.

sigep1764
08-01-2019, 09:53 PM
Still here and still enjoying it all. Glad to see you back, you've helped me in the past whether you know it or not.

Char-Gar
08-01-2019, 09:58 PM
I am still alive and kicking but do have some health issues. For the past 11 years or so, I have been on a slow slide with increasing fatigue, anemia and a few other things. These things are symptoms of quite a few conditions and diseses. After a few false diagnosis, they finally hit the jackpot. I has Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinmia which is a form of Non-Hotchkins lymphoma. It is rather rare and very slow progressing. I am receiving treament and while there is no cure, it is a disease you die with and not die from. The treatment however is about as bad as the disease, but all in all, it is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.l

Hogtamer
08-01-2019, 10:22 PM
Nice surprise to hear from you again and welcome back.

Winger Ed.
08-01-2019, 11:58 PM
Good to see ya back, a few guys were wondering what happened to ya.

I was thinking about starting a rumor you'd either been kidnapped, and we needed to start gathering up some ransom money,
or float the idea you'd been shot by a jealous husband while crawling out of some cute young ladie's bedroom window.

gpidaho
08-02-2019, 12:26 AM
I took a 9 month break from this site to preserve my mental and spiritual health. I was getting frustrated with my over involvement. At any rate, I thought I would take a spin around the block to see how many of you are still in the land of the living.
I'm still kickin' Charles. Posted on your birthday asking if anyone had heard from you. Glad you're still with us. Gp

fatelk
08-02-2019, 01:12 AM
You're a wise man to take a break like that. Glad to see you back.

I've been contemplating it myself, only a break from casting and reloading in general to focus on more important things. I've tried a few false starts only to get bored and start tinkering again. I really need another hobby.

blackthorn
08-02-2019, 11:58 AM
Welcome back Good to see you posting again.

Rick Hodges
08-02-2019, 11:59 AM
Glad to have you back, and I hope you will stay. Yours was always a voice of reason. I, for one, welcomed it.

David2011
08-02-2019, 02:59 PM
Glad to see you back, your presence was missed. I understand the need for a sabbatical.

David

Duckiller
08-02-2019, 03:37 PM
As a fellow Waldstroms sufferer welcome back. My treatment has not been too bad except when I reacted to the Retuxin going in too fast. Turned one long day of chemo into two days. Other stuff in those bags is working quite well. Four years between last chemo . Two years on this treatment . Dr has some new stuff she is going to give me with the next chemo. The uncertainty of when I get the next chemo is a bit disturbing. Marrying off #1 son on Labor Day weekend and then going Antelope hunting with both sons in October. Going to attend the wedding period. Not sure what to do if she trys to interfere with hunting. Took about three series of chemo to get my cancer under reasonable control. Hopefully yours will be under control.

Texas by God
08-02-2019, 04:22 PM
It's great to have you back. God bless you and hang in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

skeettx
08-02-2019, 04:30 PM
The reports of your demise were greatly exaggerated :)

WELCOME BACK

Char-Gar
08-02-2019, 05:29 PM
As a fellow Waldstroms sufferer welcome back. My treatment has not been too bad except when I reacted to the Retuxin going in too fast. Turned one long day of chemo into two days. Other stuff in those bags is working quite well. Four years between last chemo . Two years on this treatment . Dr has some new stuff she is going to give me with the next chemo. The uncertainty of when I get the next chemo is a bit disturbing. Marrying off #1 son on Labor Day weekend and then going Antelope hunting with both sons in October. Going to attend the wedding period. Not sure what to do if she trys to interfere with hunting. Took about three series of chemo to get my cancer under reasonable control. Hopefully yours will be under control.

I am taking Retuxin IV once a month and Imbruvica per oral daily. I am scheduled for 6 30 day cycles and I will start No. 4 next Wednesday. Thus far, the Dr. seem happy with the way the numbers are going.

lightman
08-02-2019, 09:26 PM
I'm still here! Glad to see you back. So many disappear and no one knows what or why. Hope you are able to get your health issues under control.

woodbutcher
08-03-2019, 01:38 AM
[smilie=s: Hi Char-Gar.Welcome back.Wishing you the best with your treatments.God bless and keep ya going.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

smithnframe
08-03-2019, 07:26 AM
Welcome back from Shiner, TX!

Wayne Smith
08-03-2019, 08:07 AM
Welcome Back Charlie! I'm very limiting my time here at the moment - major challenge learning a new software suite for work - Yes, I'm still working. LOML retired last August and asked me when I wanted to and I told her "Lynne, I go to work to have fun!" I'm thinking the fun will be back once I'm up and running on this software.

Char-Gar
08-03-2019, 11:19 AM
Welcome Back Charlie! I'm very limiting my time here at the moment - major challenge learning a new software suite for work - Yes, I'm still working. LOML retired last August and asked me when I wanted to and I told her "Lynne, I go to work to have fun!" I'm thinking the fun will be back once I'm up and running on this software.

Knowing when to retire is a dicey thing. I pulled the plug in 2008 because I was just marking time and knew I wasn't giving it my best. The job and people deserved better so I packed it in.

Rufus Krile
08-03-2019, 04:52 PM
As a certified Battery-Powered old fat guy I'm here to remind you what we've been demonstrating to our adversaries: old Texicans are hard to kill. The one fear I have for you, however, is that you might let your Bourbon level drop perilously low. If you get this far north we can fix that...

bedbugbilly
08-03-2019, 05:47 PM
Glad to have you back! You gentlemen take good care of yourselves . . . you're in our prayers.

SSGOldfart
08-04-2019, 11:57 AM
I'm still here.......:veryconfu

Der Gebirgsjager
08-04-2019, 01:05 PM
Presently present.